Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 8:28:51 AM EDT
I've got a good buddy of mine that likes to exaggerate on everything.  I mean I don't know if he knows he's lying or exaggerating or is just plain stupid.  We went drinking the other night and shot some pool.  I get us a pitcher of beer and he starts out by saying he's already had about 10 shots of tequila.  It's to the point where I just ignore it.  

Well I've been to his house many times and I do know his dad has a ton of weapons and a huge reloading setup in his basement.  4 30 gun safes and a 20x20 reloading area for just about every caliber he shoots.  It's a sweet setup.  I've seen the guns, they're real and there really must be over 100.

So I do know that is true, but what I don't know is where he's getting his info from about the guns.   When we were shooting pool he was telling me about the .25-06 that his dad reloads is good to 1,500 YARDS.  He also said his dad was trying to get some blackmarket old gun that shoots 300 rounds per SECOND.  I mean come on.  I just go with it and don't argue (cause he's got nice hookups on hunting and fishing land and we do go hunt).   But come on man, seriously.   I don't want to argue with the guy, just educate him.  He did recently get a computer and online so maybe I'll get him a team membership and he can learn a few things on here.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#1]
beat him about the head and neck
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
He did recently get a computer and online so maybe I'll get him a team membership and he can learn a few things on here.  

If he states such facts here on ARFcom as you say he does, he should make plenty of friends real FAST.....
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#3]
My new partner at work is the same way. I think people like that lie so much they don't even  know what the truth is anymore.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:43:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I would try to get apopted by your friend's dad.

He obviously needs a new son with integrity.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My new partner at work is the same way. I think people like that lie so much they don't even  know what the truth is anymore.

Don't feel bad. I got one that I work with, too.

His latest brainstorm is to buy a Hughes 500 helicopter, fix a couple of semi-auto M60's from OIW to the skids, and install a couple of cordless drills with some kind of lozenge-shaped bits to activate the triggers. Guess he wants some kind of shade-tree "Little Bird" to go cruising around at night with. He's also convinced that there's some kind of notch that can be filed into the firing pin of his Mini-14 to make it full-auto.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

With a nightstick.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

With a nightstick Maglight.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Just tell your friends Dad that his son is bragging about his gun collection down at the local bar. His Dad should fix the situation unless he wants to become a statistic.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:56:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Find some new friends!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Find some new friends!

I've got plenty, but gotta keep this guy around cause he's got some sweet private hunting and fishing spots.  Plus his dad ain't got too many more years and the guy's broke.  I'm saving up for his firearms fire sale.  He's got no clue how much some of his dad's stuff's worth.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top