Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/15/2005 7:36:58 AM EDT
If someone incurs charges on a credit card, and it turns out they have given you a wrong number and, further, they are all of a sudden unreachable, is it a civil item only, or is it criminal? Especially interested if there are differences in Florida law.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:38:41 AM EDT
what did you do, send a product before you charged the card? That is going to be pretty much your fault.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:44:17 AM EDT
What do you mean, they gave you the wrong number? Wrong number, as in a CC number that was
not thiers? If that's the case then it's CC fraud and it's a criminal matter.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:26:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gunner1X:
What do you mean, they gave you the wrong number? Wrong number, as in a CC number that was
not thiers? If that's the case then it's CC fraud and it's a criminal matter.

No, they cleverly "made a mistake" in one of the numbers. Not enough so that it was a "not theirs" situation, but enough so that the charge couldn['t go through. No doubt in my mind it was deliberate.

Not a situation in which I sent something, it involves a third party, and is somewhat complicated. The thrust of the question was more along the lines of what I could get the third party to do. Actually, it may be resolved at this point. There was a bluff about the Sheriff from me, and a simultaneous atttempt by the third party, which appears to have gone through.
Top Top