User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It looks mildly decent, but am I the only one thinks the entire idea of King Kong is just kinda lame?  I mean it's a big stupid monkey movie, WTF am I supposed to do, fall all over myself rushing to the theater to flop down $20 and see it?

I'm convinced the Hollyweird dopes are total fools.  $200 million dollar budget??  This is what Peter Jackson wanted to unload on us after LOTR??  

I'm going to download the stupid thing, screw paying money for it...

Nice  

Don't worry - with more and more people like you STEALING the movie instead of paying to see it, maybe the days of big-budget movies will come to an end soon.  

Would that be such a bad thing?  No more hollywood elite spewing their garbage.  Sounds kinda nice to me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Great action movie.  I enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the best CGI movie's I've seen in a long time.  Definately a movie to see on the big screen.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the movie suitable for young kids? My 6 year old really wants to see it.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't take a 6 year old to it, it's pretty scary.  I have an 8 year old and I won't take him. I was creeped out in a few spots.

Overall it's a freakin' good movie though. Like other posters I got too much new york and not enough of the island. I was disappointed they didn't show the rescue parties slaughtering the hell out of the creepy natives. I hated those guys.

King Kong is a total unadulterated bad-ass.  The Kong/Dino fight scenes were like Jurassic Park meets the Matrix with a 30 foot ape thrown in.  

I was also a litle disturbed by the girls infatuation with the ape,  it was OK but a couple times I was worried she was gonna try to make out with him or something.  It was a little weird.

I'd still give it an 8.5/10 and put it in my top 5 moves I've ever seen just based on the special effects.  

Several times I realized I was sitting there with my jaw actually hanging open slack because I was amazed at the imagery.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I wasn't a fan of the earlier 2 movies mostly because the special effects were so cheesy that it ruined it for me. This might be a good way for me to get into the story. Peter Jackson made a great set with Lord of the Rings and I wouldn't mind seeing his follow up to it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I liked the movie.

What I couldn't stand was people who brought little kids to the movie.  There was a family behind us and they freaked out during the insect scene.  And then when they drug King Kong, the kids start crying and asking "is he dead?", and the parents had to calm them, saying he was just sleeping.  I couldn't believe it.  I was going to turn around and yell, "What are you going to tell them at the end of the film when he is dead?  Don't you know the story of King Kong?"  Well, sure enough, as I was leaving the theater at the end, all those kids were bawling they're eyes out.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:39:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Why do we need another redition of King Kong?

This was more because Peter Jackson was a huge fan of the film and wanted to remake than they were just out of ideas.  

Peter Jackson has wanted to do the King Kong movie since before 2001, but it wasn't until LOTR that he had enough clout to pull it off.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I liked the movie.

What I couldn't stand was people who brought little kids to the movie.  There was a family behind us and they freaked out during the insect scene.  And then when they drug King Kong, the kids start crying and asking "is he dead?", and the parents had to calm them, saying he was just sleeping.  I couldn't believe it.  I was going to turn around and yell, "What are you going to tell them at the end of the film when he is dead?  Don't you know the story of King Kong?"  Well, sure enough, as I was leaving the theater at the end, all those kids were bawling they're eyes out.

That's sweet!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It looks mildly decent, but am I the only one thinks the entire idea of King Kong is just kinda lame?  I mean it's a big stupid monkey movie, WTF am I supposed to do, fall all over myself rushing to the theater to flop down $20 and see it?

I'm convinced the Hollyweird dopes are total fools.  $200 million dollar budget??  This is what Peter Jackson wanted to unload on us after LOTR??  

I'm going to download the stupid thing, screw paying money for it...

Aren't you the cop who always posts the stuff about Law Enforcement officers and principles.  And you are admitting to stealing movies.  Great.  Way to live up to your message.

Thanks for jacking the prices up for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Unfortuantly no.  A lot of the extras or minor characters meet horrible deaths.  They get attacked by giant bugs, and even I was starting to get squirmish.  Also, as I stated before, little kids tend to get attached to King Kong, and it's hard for them to cope with his death.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:51:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortuantly no.  A lot of the extras or minor characters meet horrible deaths.  They get attacked by giant bugs, and even I was starting to get squirmish.  Also, as I stated before, little kids tend to get attached to King Kong, and it's hard for them to cope with his death.

Gotta agree with guardian here. I'd rent them Old Yeller. Can't beat a good boy and his dog movie.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortuantly no.  A lot of the extras or minor characters meet HORRIBLE deaths.  They get attacked by giant bugs, and even I was starting to get squirmish.  Also, as I stated before, little kids tend to get attached to King Kong, and it's hard for them to cope with his death.

Fixed up a bit.

Lemme tell ya...I am not squeamish in the least and the "spider pit" ( which is rather ambiguous ) scene had me squealing like a little girl BOTH TIMES. Yes, I saw it twice.

I am still trying to talk Dr. Frige into seeing it...but to no avail.....  I wonder what he thinks of Lampreys?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:49:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Saw it yesterday.

Super.
Fricking.
Sweet.

Kong vs. T-Rex  One of the best damn fight scenes ever.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm glad Jackson kept the spider scene.  

This was in the 30's original but was edited out because it was too disturbing to the audience.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top