Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 12:40:46 AM EDT
what would you do if your supervisor and his supervisor were activly seeking new employment because of the asshole who was next up the chain of 'command' ?

that's whats happening now where I work.. 3 people have already left and I know for a fact that the two people listed above have or are taking offers probably as early as tomorrow!!!!

I have updated my resume and am kinda looking around.

Corporate HQ did get wind of this and they did a little bit of restructuring, but it was probably too late.

At the moment, I don't feel that my job is at risk.  We've got plenty of work, but we're under staffed as it is and the short foreseable future doesn't look like it's gonna be fun!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:48:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds to me like there are some advancement opportunities opening up for you.  I'd show the company how valuable you are and move up the ladder.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:50:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds to me like there are some advancement opportunities opening up for you.  I'd show the company how valuable you are and move up the ladder.

Yep yep . My that shade of brown looks great on your nose today .
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:50:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I've thought of that.
But the company hasn't learned anything and still business as usual in spite of the 'restructuring' (which, IMHO, was just a token step to keep some key players on board)
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:00:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure you have a coversheet on all your TPS reports and you're sure to be promoted.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:04:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've thought of that.
But the company hasn't learned anything and still business as usual in spite of the 'restructuring' (which, IMHO, was just a token step to keep some key players on board)

Even so - may be nice to have that supervisor salary while you're looking elsewhere.  As a bonus, having a supervisory position is always nice on the ole resume.

However, if you just decide to kill everyone in the office, please use a 2x4 with a railroad spike through it - gunowners get enough grief.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:05:50 AM EDT
[#6]
no worries here about that kinda thing.  Everyone here gets along pretty good ....well, except for that one person previously mentioned.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:09:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:42:53 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks, that's what I'ma gonna do...

I think its time to go back to bed..
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:21:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I think you're on the right track.

I'm always updating my resume, and keeping my ear to the rail for new opportunity.  Right now I'm happy with my job, I'm getting exposed to a wide array of skills that I'd have a hard time getting experience with in any other job.  

Someone else said to be prepared to move up the ladder at your current job.  I think that's a good idea too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:57:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I worked in a situation like that once. Lot of the employees quit over time. The rest got canned when the business got bought out.....
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:01:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Make sure you have a coversheet on all your TPS reports and you're sure to be promoted.

LoL!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:04:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Sounds like it's either up or out for you.  Can you stand the boss's boss's boss?

Jim
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LoL!

Hang in there and check it out.

Don't let the misfortune and shortcommings of others dictate anything when it comes to your general everyday duties and responcibilities where you work.

These things happen in companies periodically and they will pass.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:46:59 AM EDT
[#14]
my head is spinning.  they had a reorganization meeting last week and already this week 2 more people have resigned!  (making a total of 7 in the past month(~))
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top