Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 8:38:38 PM EDT

I didn't attend mine again this year (I work nights & weekends) but I heard about some of the details today...I manage inbound traffic in a call center for one of the major wireless providers so we have approx 750 employees from all walks of life working here.  Last weekend we rented out one of the downtown clubs and when our employees showed up several of the men were in drag and several of the women brought female dates...the latest incarnation of the story has one cute blonde grinding her female date on the dance floor in a welded liplock..One of the managers' wives got hammered and had to be put in check by her husband..That's all I've heard so far..anyone else's office turn into a zoo when the Holidays come?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Ours usually starts out civil and ends up a drunken freak show.  The best of both worlds
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
No place that I have ever worked has ever had a Christmas party.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I am hoping for drunked freak show.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Very civilized.  Very.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#6]
We haven't had one for last 4 years.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Is this by choice?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#8]
teachers have skeletons in the closet that are often revealed at such events
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]
....something about a freak show, even without alcohol....
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#10]
my mom used to work at a law firm here, they would have these christmas parties where everyones kids would come and get presents from santa.  well one time i got tetris for my gameboy, i was mad because i wanted one of those turtle mobile things from teenage mutant ninja turtles, it would shoot plastics pizzas (i later got one, it was AWESOME) anyways so i was cranky and later on there was one of those things that was blown up and you jumped around in it, so im kinda cranky and jumping around in this thing, they only let 4 kids jump at a time, anyways this fat jewish kid comes up and is like "its my turn, get off!" i was in no mood for this kids shenanigans so i tackled his chubby ass and made him eat grass, it was awesome

then one time i grossed a girl out by telling her about the spider bites on my ass
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this by choice?

Not by the choice of us peons but it is by choice of the grand poohbahs.  They're too cheap to do anything for Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Unfortunately I will be out of town working while the rest of my fellow employees will be enjoying a champagne lunch on Christmas Eve eve.  Then again, I can't see it getting to rowdy, so I guess I won't be missing much...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#13]
It's fun to watch some of the employees get drunk and either make pathetic attempts to kiss-ass or try to tell off their boss "in a subtle way" that they think they can get away with because they're wasted and stupid.

I put myself on-call so I am not tempted to drink and do something stupid myself.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Office workers ok, plant workers drunken freak show.  Last year one of the guys girl friends showed my wife her new tattoo on her breast.  Just fully exposed herself at the party. The wife keeps wondering where we find some people.

And hell no you do not want to see pics.

Goose
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Office workers ok, plant workers drunken freak show.  Last year one of the guys girl friends showed my wife her new tattoo on her breast.  The wife keeps wondering where we find some people.

And hell no you do not want to see pics.

Goose

i would like to see pics
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#16]
They always want pics.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
They always want pics.

cmon where are the pics?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
They always want pics.

Slow night...give it up!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#19]
If I happen to be in attendance, you can be sure of a few things:

1. The liquor will be flowing.
2. Someone's getting fired on Monday.
3. Someone else has pictures that may prevent #2 from occuring.
3. The cops are going to show up.
4. Someone is looking at a possible divorce.
5. There probably won't be a next year.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They always want pics.

Slow night...give it up!!

ah screw it, ive gotta go to bed, thanks a lot for screwing with my emotions like that goose.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:02:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
If I happen to be in attendance, you can be sure of a few things:

1. The liquor will be flowing.
2. Someone's getting fired on Monday.
3. Someone else has pictures that may prevent #2 from occuring.
3. The cops are going to show up.
4. Someone is looking at a possible divorce.
5. There probably won't be a next year.

I worked for a TV station that had parties like that back in the early 90's..they even hired strippers out to the station for managers birthday parties..not too mention the drunk assed reporter/anchor chicks at Christmas time
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:06:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
i wanted one of those turtle mobile things from teenage mutant ninja turtles, it would shoot plastics pizzas (i later got one, it was AWESOME)

+1

One time I hid in a cardboard box and ambushed my dad with it.  

If only I would have had cats to terrorize with it
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:07:51 AM EDT
[#23]
In the Arfcom tradition, it's both.

This year we're having at a go-kart place. Fred's gonna be there too!

(Fred= Free Eats and Drink.)
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:08:32 AM EDT
[#24]
I can barely tolerate these assholes during the day. I'll be damned if I am going to spend time out of the office shmoozing with those fucking tools.

I hang out with the guys on my team...the rest of them can ESAD.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#25]
I know it's a dupe but worth repeating. I love how this girl gets owned at the office party.

users.waymark.net/0002596-1/pics/officeparty.wmv  3meg
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:27:21 AM EDT
[#26]
My office party - Brand new Police Department just formed this summer. Chief made it a very family centered event. My son and parents liked it a lot. Chief bought all the kids and officers gifts.

My old office party - Held every other year (took that long to recover). 50+ cops drunk and in the middle of no where. Lots of fights and exposing of various body parts. Fun as all hell and some of my best memories.

Wife’s office party - Upper management consists of various alternative life styles. She took our day care lady who we are friends with. Told her to act the part. I think she is up for another promotion now. We did not make the rules but we gona exploit them and their prejudges against strait people.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:28:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Drunken freak show.  Spouses are not allowed... need I say more?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:32:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
No place that I have ever worked has ever had a Christmas party.

You sir, are a lucky man.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:32:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Lawyers + Secretaries + Booze = PAR-TAY!!!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:34:24 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I know it's a dupe but worth repeating. I love how this girl gets owned at the office party.

So funny!

Thanks,

Shok
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:38:39 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

What a train wreck! I expected him to fire her ass right there...funny video hadn't seen it before
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:39:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They always want pics.

cmon where are the pics?

last years party, this years party is on sunday...cant wait!!!  

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Party was at one of the VP's house. Food and drinks were first-rate. Drunken antics ensued culminating in a six police car visit.  Seems that the upper-middle-class white golf club community did not appreciate the front yard altercation and creative parking.

Lots of career limiting activities.  I'd go into detail, but, well...you know.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:50:56 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I can barely tolerate these assholes during the day. I'll be damned if I am going to spend time out of the office shmoozing with those fucking tools.

DING! DING! DING!      We have a winnah!

My last Christmas poke in the eye was when the employees found out our profit sharing and credit union money was gone. Then the bosses daughter shows up in a new Surburban. Wife has a new Acura. Then we see the old bastard has taken FICA and witholding out of our end of the year 'gift' of $75.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:52:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Cops, judges, prosecuters, defense attorneys, criminalists, elected officials and others connected or associated with the P.D. and C.J. system. It's off the hook. I.A.'s busy season starts tonight.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:59:20 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

i really cant stand my coworkers much as well, but open bar and buffet for four hours is good enough incentive for me....
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:06:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Our Christmas Party is very similar to Lumburgs birthday party on Office Space very cut and dry, but if you go you get your bonus one day early
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:08:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Drunken freak show.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top