Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 4:44:13 PM EDT
Thanks if you have it, can't find it on google or when searching for the thread here
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Neat video, but who the hell are they running from?  They arent making surrender on anyone right now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]

That was a very cool video.  Werent the Mirages beaten by the Sea Harriers in the Falklands ?

Or was that the Mirage II and III's?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool video.  Watch it on mute though. That music has GOT to go.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#8]
What are you talking about.  It is almost the Night Rider music going in the background.  But they do need to get rid of the words.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That was a very cool video.  Werent the Mirages beaten by the Sea Harriers in the Falklands ?

Jaguars, Mirage F1's and Mirage 2000's in the vid, Mirage III's and Israeli Daggers (Mirage V copies) in the Falklands.

The Argentines were ballsy pilots too!

ANdy

I read 'Sea Harrier over the Falklands' by Sharkey Ward, commander of 801 Squadron.  He had good things to say about their pilots.  They were mostly limited by range/fuel.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What are you talking about.  It is almost the Night Rider music going in the background.  But they do need to get rid of the words.

Not even close to Knight Rider!!

Hasselholf will come after you for that one!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

you're right they're sampling a bit of the theme song. ...totally ghey
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#13]
tagged for later
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Say what you like about the Phrench Army or Navy, but their pilots are a studly bunch and most definately not infected with the surrender gene...

Read up on Pierre Clostermann

The Big Show

+1

I remember frenchy zipping up and down tap-line road during DS1 with the skids of their Gazzelles just feet from the ground. The french jets, never saw much of them, but the Tornadoes shook tents alot.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#15]
There's a video out there of Swiss Mirages flying over mountains, through valleys, etc.  It's like 30+mb but worth it, and there's no Knight Rider music.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Okay, the bass line has the Knight Rider music.  And about 2:40 into the clip you can make out the theme to Knight Rider.

I previously didn't give it more than 20 seconds before I hit mute.

So I'll partially retract my earlier comments.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#17]
tag for home
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Sharkey's book is easily one of the most arrogant pieces of writing I've ever read. There is some good information, but he appears to believe he could have won the Falklands on his own.

Then again, he is a fixed-wing naval aviator, probably comes with the territory.

For all your aviation video needs. (Including three different ones of French aircraft flying stupidly low) go to www.patricksaviation.com/

You can spend hours there, trust me. It's well worth the visit.

Speaking of which, www.patricksaviation.com/videos.php?action=view&id=341

Compilation of Argentine aviation during the Falklands.

NTM
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
French Air Force VERY low flying

I was loving the techno Knight Rider theme music.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Good christ that's a fantastic video. Deserves its own thread.

NTM
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Yes.

The Mirages left the Sea Harriers alone after the first day and proceeded instead to sink or damage good number of British ships.

Actually, more specifically, the fighters were withdrawn from the Falklands after the first day or two to cover Argentina out of fear of Vulcan bombing raids. The only aircraft to fly in the area of operations from then on were ground attack aircraft, which suffered badly from Sea Harriers with no defense, but still carried out their bombing runs. As Adm Woodward said, "I guess it stands to reason that any country that produces such great Formula 1 drivers is going to be able to produce good pilots"

NTM
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:29:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:42:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Here are some more vids:

www.patricksaviation.com/videos.php?action=view&id=388
Sort of best of featuring rafales, mirages 2000, F1, super etendard and co
102mo of pure insanity.

www.patricksaviation.com/videos.php?action=view&id=238
The site description say it all: "Like 'Wild Fly - F1 in Tchad', this high quality video of very low level and formation flying in the Mirage F1 in Tchad contains so much very good footage that there's no way you could say it isn't great!"
650mo but it really worth it

www.patricksaviation.com/videos.php?action=view&id=301
"Perhaps the most beautiful video yet posted, this video, similar to 'Mirage 2000 a Djibouti', contains back seat footage of two Mirage 2000's flying over Djibouti,"
160mo

There are many more cool vids on this site but i havn't yet watched them all.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:41:39 AM EDT
[#25]
My ol' man did the same thing in the Danish AF,off the coast of Libya(yes,the US/NATO once had a base there,Wheelus AFB),a squadron buddy of his slammed into a bouy at 500 mph.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:02:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted: Argentine Pilots called the Sea Harrier 'The Black Death'....

During the attacks on San Carlos, one A4 Skyhawk clipped the mast of HMS Antelope and crashed into the water. The pilot was picked up by a launch and taken on board HMS Fearless. He was quite conmvinced he would be lynched having just bombed one of the RN ships but was very suprised when the crew lined the decks and cheered him aboard and treated him like a hero!

List of Argentine Aircraft lost and causes

I was arguing with a bunch of pro-China losers and I told them that PLA aircraft would get creamed over Taiwan because China doesn't have enough tankers to refuel the planes after they took off with their weapon loads. Combat aircraft running missions with round trips in the thousands of kilometers can't carry enough gas to be effective without a massive tanker fleet.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:07:32 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Here are some more vids:

102mo of pure insanity.

The site description say it all: "Like 'Wild Fly - F1 in Tchad', this high quality video of very low level and formation flying in the Mirage F1 in Tchad contains so much very good footage that there's no way you could say it isn't great!"

"Perhaps the most beautiful video yet posted, this video, similar to 'Mirage 2000 a Djibouti', contains back seat footage of two Mirage 2000's flying over Djibouti,"
160mo

For some reason, a few of those in .avi format will only play the audio, not the video - I tried using two different media players (windows media player and Creative's) and both only play audio.  Any suggestions for me to get these to work?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:09:48 AM EDT
[#28]
tag
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:23:32 AM EDT
[#29]
That music is teh gey!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:33:39 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here are some more vids:

102mo of pure insanity.

160mo

For some reason, a few of those in .avi format will only play the audio, not the video - I tried using two different media players (windows media player and Creative's) and both only play audio.  Any suggestions for me to get these to work?

Humm if both of your media players are failing to open them properly it should be a missing codec problem.
Try to download the last divx codec.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:43:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Tag
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:58:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
There's a video out there of Swiss Mirages flying over mountains, through valleys, etc.  It's like 30+mb but worth it, and there's no Knight Rider music.  

I have that video, its awsome, though mine is a little corrupted half-way through.  Are they all like that, or did I get a bad download?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:09:07 AM EDT
[#33]
There is a small glitch in the sound of the Swiss video about ten minutes in, if I recall. Nothing serious.

NTM
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted: Argentine Pilots called the Sea Harrier 'The Black Death'....

During the attacks on San Carlos, one A4 Skyhawk clipped the mast of HMS Antelope and crashed into the water. The pilot was picked up by a launch and taken on board HMS Fearless. He was quite conmvinced he would be lynched having just bombed one of the RN ships but was very suprised when the crew lined the decks and cheered him aboard and treated him like a hero!

List of Argentine Aircraft lost and causes

I was arguing with a bunch of pro-China losers and I told them that PLA aircraft would get creamed over Taiwan because China doesn't have enough tankers to refuel the planes after they took off with their weapon loads. Combat aircraft running missions with round trips in the thousands of kilometers can't carry enough gas to be effective without a massive tanker fleet.

Not if they move the aircraft closer to the shore of China that is closest to Taiwan. It's like a hop skip and a jump over. People have swimmed that channel before. It's like arguing about moving tanker fleets for aerial refueling for Britain invading France. There's no need.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top