Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 1:03:30 PM EDT
I have a rifle or two that I'm considering having done with Cerakote. I'm told it's better than Duracoat, which I do happen to like. Any input?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone??????

Also, who did it and how much did it cost?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:33:17 AM EDT
[#2]
It's great!

As long as you can find someone willing to cough up almont $400 a gallon...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:35:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes I have done a number of guns in it.
Its good shit! And its only 65$ ish for 4oz..

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:42:19 AM EDT
[#4]
What makes it different from the other spray and bake finishes?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:48:36 AM EDT
[#5]
It has a very fine ceramic particles added to the coating. You can run the gun dry and it feels like its lubed. Its a harder finish, Duracote is a 2h hardness Cerakote is a 7h. Its really impressive stuff..

I was a BIG Duracote user, Till I tried the Cerakote. I will not switch back.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#6]
What about abrasion resistance, i.e. scratches and the like?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Last time I checked it looked like only dealers could buy the stuff. Is that still true? I know caswells will sell you 3 or 4 colors but I don't need a fire-engine red AR.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#8]
My friend is a certified Duracoat applicator (he went to the class in Wisconsin at Lauer's). He has all the spray equipment and oven, etc. Can this equipment be used to apply Cerakote, or does it require special stuff?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My friend is a certified Duracoat applicator (he went to the class in Wisconsin at Lauer's). He has all the spray equipment and oven, etc. Can this equipment be used to apply Cerakote, or does it require special stuff?

All the same stuff to apply. You just put it on in thinner coats. And bake at 240-250 deg for 2 hrs. You can with cerakote coat the insides. Just watch you thickness.

Yes its dealers or applicators only. But If you want some let me know and I can get some of it to ship to ya.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top