Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 6:41:36 AM EDT
You call for service and they pre-screen you, get all your information, repeat it back to you and then tell you they are going to transfer you to the department to help you.

You get to the next person and they screen your info AGAIN.  Completely, all the same questions as you were just asked.

Each person has a British accent too, what are the odds?  Or is XM Radio help stationed in the UK?

They ask you for:

Name
Address
Account #
Radio ID

You'd think that they could enter that in a help ticket queue so they wouldn't have to ask it twice.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably a call-center in India...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Because its so damn sexy!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:53:18 AM EDT
[#3]
And now BBC World Service is proud to present "Tissue Time with XM Customer Service."
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:55:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I usually get chicks with a real redneck twang.  So twangy even a boy from Arkansas notices it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1.  That's my experience with the "better" call centers in India.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#6]
A lot of official announcements in airports, call centers, etc use British accents. I think it is supposed to be different to get you to pay attention.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I know Indian, and it ain't Indian Queen's English.

I'd say some rural farm region in the UK.  Or just women from there working here.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#8]
If you got a real English speaking call centre, you'd really know it, cos it wont sound like any regional British accent.

Locally we have a new trick, companies are required (I believe) to provide a welsh lanugage help line, so we just phone them up, and in badly mangled Welsh ask them if they mind speaking English. Try finding a call centre operateive on the sub continent that speaks Welsh as well!

Job done

/PHil
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you got a real English speaking call centre, you'd really know it, cos it wont sound like any regional British accent.

So then what are the odds that I have two regionally accented UK chicks helping me at XM Radio?

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:02:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So then what are the odds that I have two regionally accented UK chicks helping me at XM Radio?

1 in 87
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I used to work the American desk in Ireland for IBM's tech support line...

We work for less.

NTM
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, since Delphi filed bankruptcy Lucas Electronics in GB has taken over.
Good Ruck!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Hmm, since they're based outta NE DC it must have been a call center elsewhere.

Really awesome facility btw.  Real dump neighborHOOD too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top