User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:05:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It can't be as bad as Jim Carrey playing Colonel Steve Austin in the remake of the Six Milliion Dollar Man.

that's a joke right

Nope.  Look it up at www.imdb.com
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I have season 1 of MIAMI VICE on DVD.  It's funny to watch what was fashionable back in the 80s!

Crocket's attire is the least of the crazy get ups they had on that show!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:57:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Miami Vice was teh ghey. So this movie will be teh uber-ghey.

PS. You are teh ghey for not posting this in the Movie Forum.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It can't be as bad as Jim Carrey playing Colonel Steve Austin in the remake of the Six Milliion Dollar Man.

that's a joke right

Nope.  Look it up at www.imdb.com

?i can't find anything with Jim Carrey and the six mil. man
I do know he was the rocker that died in the Dead Pool
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Miami Vice was teh ghey.

Miami Vice was a realistic depiction of modern Law Enforcement!

Shoot alot of people, NEVER fill out a single report, and Drive a Ferrari and a $200k Scarab.  What more do you want?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Shoot alot of people, NEVER fill out a single report, and Drive a Ferrari and a $200k Scarab.  What more do you want?

You left out dress like a couple of fags.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#7]
they really should have gotten some unknowns. this is cringe inducing
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I doubt I will see it even though I am a Mann fan.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Miami Vice was teh ghey.

you forgot,  live on a sailboat, with an alligator.

LOL

don't all cops?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Didn't I hear that Rob Leatham (or some other great shooter) appeared in one episode, as a trick shooter who killed somebody, then disassembled the pistol and left it laying there on the body?

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The TV show was not a classic. Sheesh.

No, actually I think it was  

That show killed going out on Friday nights.

I remember when it was simucast in stereo on a radio station
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#12]
They won't get a dime of my money. The usual Hollyweirdos who are against the peasants having guns, but making mucho money from violent, gun use on the screen. And the beat goes on.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Out of ideas and out of real talent. I think Colin Ferrel is an asshat. Everything he does seems forced and over acted.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I doubt I will see it even though I am a Mann fan.

Sorry, dude I couldn't help it.

ETA: No more drinks for me I'm afraid, that was funnier than it should've been.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#15]
HOLLYWEIRD SUCKS.  Shut off that sewer pipe and do it now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:28:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Didn't I hear that Rob Leatham (or some other great shooter) appeared in one episode, as a trick shooter who killed somebody, then disassembled the pistol and left it laying there on the body?

It was another GM/M-Class IPSC shooter (Campbell?)who also subbed as a gun handler/ trainer for the set IIRC. He got a bit part and was a bad guy running a shotgun when the popo confront him and he has to drop the shotgun. Does a lightning fast draw of a Browning Hi-Power from under his shirt and drops 2-3 officers. Supposedly the scene was shot and exhibited in real time- he was real fast! It was at the beginning of the episode and the guy was in front of a Black Limo and wearing a light coloured Hawain shirt.
The plots for Miami Vice were silly but the gun-handling and weapons I thought were pretty kewl.
That Detonics ankle gun that Crockett carried was pretty nice.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:55:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't remember that one. I remember Ted Nugent, G Gordon Liddy, and Bruce Willis appearing in some episodes though.

Don't forget Chris Rock as the UFO-conspiracy theorist intern.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:33:58 AM EDT
[#19]

$10 says they fuck up the soundtrack too.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:36:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't remember that one. I remember Ted Nugent, G Gordon Liddy, and Bruce Willis appearing in some episodes though.

Don't forget Chris Rock as the UFO-conspiracy theorist intern.

Phil Collins made a good badguy too and so did Willie Nelson.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:09:04 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yep.  Man what a great show.  Especially the early years.  It was one of the first TV shows that wasn't afraid to have a dark ending more often that not.

I also liked the traditional theatrical use of lighting colors to convey emotion and drama, the unusual camera angles (such as a view from the wheel well of a travelling car) and the subtle use of symbolism (such as a clock visible in the edge of a scene of a murder with the hands at 12:00 - times-up!). I have been watching season 1 on DVD

I will go see the movie, I am not expecting anyhting great, I just hope Hollywood doesn't  f&%k it up like the remake of Planet of The Apes

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:13:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
it looks as if the story is based around the tubbs character. with him having a relationship with "big booty trudy". colin farrel looks rediculous in the stills ive seen. and i really dont like them screwing around with the castillo character. im sure this guy will be tight lipped and stoic but do you remember that episode that starred castillo. something about asian gangs and you see him unleash his inner ninja...awesome. a fat black guy just doesnt have that kind of juice.

if sonny crocket draws anything but a Bren Ten im walking out of the theatre. i promise.

Crockett only carried the Bren Ten for one or two seasons, actually he carried a stainless S&W 4506 most of the time....

But the Bren Ten was the coolest....

I must admit, I have a S&W 1006....I was (am) a big Miami Vice fan...figured I'd never find a Bren Ten, so I compromised, and got the S&W, but in 10mm instead of .45....It is a great gun, big, heavy, and LOUD...people notice when you shoot it.....
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:45:00 AM EDT
[#23]

LOL!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:48:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I hope they do it right... Man that tv show is timeless.... ( well almost)

My favorite when I was a kid...

MV is diametric opposite of timeless.....it's the ultimate period piece.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#25]
The story for the movie sounds very stupid!  You can read it in the website.  It sounds like a remake of the Pilot but different story.  You can also download the Trailer.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:06:31 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

WTF
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:10:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Let me guess.  There will be a romance between Crockett & Tubbs, and when the city is terrorized by a hate-crime committing gay basher (who turns out to be a Republican senator), the boys must put down their pudding and go to work.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:15:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
ooohhh maaan, there is sooo much wrong with this thread starting with calling "miami vice" a "classic"! hahahahahahahaha

So what defines "classic" to you? No flame just curious.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:20:54 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Miami Vice was teh ghey.

Trust me, it's not too far off from the "Cocaine Cowboy" days of Miami in the 80's.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:22:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

$10 says they fuck up the soundtrack too.

In the perview they have the "Rizap!" music in the background with what sounds like a little of the old school MV sound close to the end GHEY!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:25:17 AM EDT
[#31]
If I'm in the mood for south Florida action packed tv drama, I'll watch CSI Miami.

But I don't stay up past 10pm, so that's out too I guess!

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:40:24 AM EDT
[#32]
I wonder if they got Jan Hammer for the movie?

Probably have some rap BS instead.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:41:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Remixed would be my guess
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:44:05 AM EDT
[#34]
It appears someone named RZA is doing the music. He's Flavor Flav's distant cousin.

www.imdb.com/name/nm0753526/

I hope they bring back Sheena Easton, although she is definitely a MILF these days. Well, at least the 'M' part of it.

Damn, getting old sucks.

Before
After
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:56:29 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was another GM/M-Class IPSC shooter (Campbell?)who also subbed as a gun handler/ trainer for the set IIRC. He got a bit part and was a bad guy running a shotgun when the popo confront him and he has to drop the shotgun. Does a lightning fast draw of a Browning Hi-Power from under his shirt and drops 2-3 officers. Supposedly the scene was shot and exhibited in real time- he was real fast! It was at the beginning of the episode and the guy was in front of a Black Limo and wearing a light coloured Hawain shirt.
The plots for Miami Vice were silly but the gun-handling and weapons I thought were pretty kewl.
That Detonics ankle gun that Crockett carried was pretty nice.

His name was Jim Zubiena.  The episode was "Calderone's Return" and was like the 4th or 5th show in the first season.  You are a little off on what happend in the show, but I can understand because it was 20 years ago  It is the best part of the DVD because I can replay it .  If you do watch it again you can see he has a SPAS 12 he uses to shoot the Limo, but the gun must be fake because it never shoots anything/goes off, he just acts like it does but the Pistol shooting is great!

You can see the SPAS 12 sitting on the roof of the limo!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
It appears someone named RZA is doing the music.

Well, he is from the WuTang Clan!  Ya know, with the late ODB (Old Dirty Bastard)!  This music will be so much like the good old thing
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:05:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Mick Gould is the Technical Weapons advisor, as he was in HEAT and Collateral, and everyone had to go through live-fire weapons and tactics training.

And Gina's live-fire training rocks!!!!  

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

That would be great, but i'm sure it ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:19:48 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

You are kidding?  right?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:29:12 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if sonny crocket draws anything but a Bren Ten im walking out of the theatre. i promise.

$5 says it will be a big, shiny Beretta.

$10 says it's a big shiny DE .50.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
God, I hate Colin Farrell.

And Jamie Foxx was a Tookie supporter.

So I just can't fund this film. Michael Mann should have gotten better people.

You have to wonder how much control over casting MM had on this one?

Maybe he had to lobby like hell just to get director to try and ride herd on Hollywierd totally F'in up his "classic" (it is for all you naysayers).

Seems like ARFCOM can cast movies with decent lesser known actors than Hollywierd.  Of course as I seem to recall most of the actors on the TV show WERE considered relatively unknown at the time. Probably what made it as decent as it was.

Man I still jam the opening credits everytime Spike plays it. There was just something about those 'copter shots over the water and the flashy boat + car + babe shots.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:24:28 AM EDT
[#42]
BTW I just rewatched the trailer and when somebody (can't see who but I think Farrel) racks the shotgun, not only does he do it with his hand on top of the barrel but does it backwards too
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I like Colin Ferrel
I was always about  Jamie Foxx I would prefer most movies without him  but there are worse actors but after this Tookie shit I actively dislike him
Hell can't  hollyweird think of anything new ?

I thought he sucked ass until I saw ray . After that I had no chance but to admit the guy had acting talent.
I had the same thoughts on Will Smith until I saw Ali.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:05:47 PM EDT
[#44]
I'll go see it, because I'm still a MV fan. I think Don Johnson should still be playing Crockett though.

I hope they don't go all the way back to New York (bringing in the double that Tubbs had), just because I'd like to see more action and not waste a lot of time establishing characters and history.

Kihn mentioned a Detonics. Is that the one Crockett used in Viking Bikers From Hell to gut-shoot Reb and then they both went into the water? That was one of my favorite episodes.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:50:32 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I wonder if they'll make Foxx carry the old Tubbs' sawed-off shotgun

Looks like a shorty pump in the trailer:

Some other guns from the trailer teaser.
Barrett M82A1?

Sig Sauer?

Sig 550?

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:21:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Why not use these guys.....

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#47]
everytime someone says "oh sure, a ferrari and a scarab on a cops salary, what crap" i wonder if they've ever even watched the show.

for those that dont remember, never watched, or couldnt comprehend the basic premise:

he didnt own that stuff. it was siezed from drug dealers and he used it to appear affluent and successful to other drug dealers. there is an episode where sonny gets all pissed off and mentions that he barely makes enough money to support his kid. he goes on to add that he's tired of living a fake life and he doesnt even own the clothes he wears, the department does.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Why not use these guys.....

www.tvacres.com/images/bacardi_duo.jpg

Bacardi and Cola would have been great! Definitely have the 80's thing down pat.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
everytime someone says "oh sure, a ferrari and a scarab on a cops salary, what crap" i wonder if they've ever even watched the show.

for those that dont remember, never watched, or couldnt comprehend the basic premise:

he didnt own that stuff. it was siezed from drug dealers and he used it to appear affluent and successful to other drug dealers. there is an episode where sonny gets all pissed off and mentions that he barely makes enough money to support his kid. he goes on to add that he's tired of living a fake life and he doesnt even own the clothes he wears, the department does.

Arguing with Sheena Easton.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:26:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I think I read somewhere here on ARF that a SIG assault rifle will be in the movie.

Hell, that alone would draw me.  

This is true as far as I know. A Sig 552-2 was sent to Advanced Armament to be fitted with a surpressor for this movie. Don't know who would be using it though. Might just end up as some random cop or crooks weapon in the background somewhere.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top