Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 2:49:52 PM EDT
This is not in religion because it is not a discussion of theology or God or anything else, please leave it here.

There has been a move by the federal Government to restrict military chaplains from praying in the name of the God of their religion even when they conduct religious services for servicemen and women of that religion. Its all about staying 'pc' and not offending anyone. There have even been some chaplains whom have been seriously reprimanded for this 'offense' praying in the name of jesus at a christian service or in the name of allh at a islamic service ect. If you are against all of the 'pc' crap and believe in freedom of religion and the ability to worship God as you see fit then please sign this Petition to the Gov to stop this encroachment on religious freedom. You dont have to be a christian, this affects chaplains of all faiths, heck you dont even have to believe in God. If you believe in freedom at all then you should be interested in this.

Thanx.

ETA: Please no hijacks or arguements. This isnt a topic for discussion, if you dont agree with the petition or the issue thats fine, but theres no use blabbing your opinions to the whole forum. If you want to argue about it, then id be happy to discuss it in the religion forum, but please keep it out of here.

Thanx
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Where did you hear this?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

please refer to notes above
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

please refer to notes above

I say again    

I have talked to at least one military chaplain who agrees with my statement.  He has not had any problem preaching within the tenants of his church, nor has he heard of any other chaplain having any problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top