Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Some things he's pretty out there, alot he nails RIGHT on the head.

Overall I like him but how could you not?
"Liberalism is a mental disorder".

That actually somes up alot of things quite nicely, well as nice as a generalization is gong to be.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
He is humorous and entertaining and can be spot-on when it comes to the Current War and the spinelessness of politicians.

Unfortunately, for such an educated man he has no understanding of even basic economics. His answer to the announcement of layoffs by GM was to embargo Japanese cars.

Hmmm... yeah, that will save America.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
He's off his meds.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Like him most of the time
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He is humorous and entertaining and can be spot-on when it comes to the Current War and the spinelessness of politicians.

Unfortunately, for such an educated man he has no understanding of even basic economics. His answer to the announcement of layoffs by GM was to embargo Japanese cars.

Hmmm... yeah, that will save America.

IIRC, his education is in nutrition.

My rule of thumb is, unless your doctorate pertains to the discussion, you shouldn't go by "Doctor".  That's strike one.

ETA: I will cut medical doctors a lot more slack on this than, say, someone with a doctorate in education, as tradition would seem to warrant
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#6]
He's a jackass whom I occasionally agree with.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Check out his Wikipedia.com biography.  Looks like a MoveOn.org masterpiece.  Must have been done by the same artist as the Bush National Guard letter.  Liberals.  Can't live with them, yet they continue to breath our air.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Check out his Wikipedia.com biography.  Looks like a MoveOn.org masterpiece.  Must have been done by the same artist as the Bush National Guard letter.  Liberals.  Can't live with them, yet they continue to breath our air.

Actually, I did just check it out. I found it fairly interesting.  I didn't know about the gay claim. It would certainly explain some things.

I think it should be obvious to anyone that listens to him, that he's more of an egotistical and mentally ill person than anyone else on radio, including Howard Stern.  As I stated before, I love how his callers constantly call in and kiss his ass.  "It's such an honor to be speaking with you Dr. Savage!"  They must be instructed by the screeners or something, it's just weird.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#9]
He's like Bill O'Reilly with rabies.

One obnoxious motherfucker.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#10]
He's like your old, crazy uncle.

Keep him in a closet, but, listen occasionally, 'cause he has a good point here and there.

He's a very smart man.

He just is self induldgent.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If you don't like him I know he has to be right most of the time.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's listen to something we both like, the Assembly debate on CCW happening right now.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:07:09 PM EDT
[#13]
savage is a very intelligent man who just states what a whole lot of us think
he is well educated holding at least one doctorate possibly 2
know he has at least 3 masters degrees in nutrition, anthropology and biology
he is a typical new yorker, old world new yorker..and has about the narrowist line for bullshit i have ever heard from any public figure..
i find it hard to believe he lives in san francisco and hasnt gone to a tall tower with a high powered rifle yet...
I agree he gets to the point of ludicrious at times but find myself agreeing with him more often than not.
maybe we should be bunker buddies, hell check the survival forum they're ready..

IMHO

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's listen to something we both like, the Assembly debate on CCW happening right now.

That would be good.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My opinion is that he rules.

Bingo!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:44:40 PM EDT
[#16]
He isn't really afraid of what people think of him or his words.
Love him or hate him, he does open a lot of eyes and ears
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:20:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
He isn't really afraid of what people think of him or his words.
Love him or hate him, he does open a lot of eyes and ears

Somebody... I mean SOMEBODY has to say what we are all thinking. Michael Savage does it.

Granted - I think that much of his intensity is spun out on repetitive topics, and I'd love to hear his ideas on things in which he doesn't have to take a political position on, because I think that there's a lot of "there" there. I am fascinated that anyone is permitted to really say what is on his mind these days.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#18]
 He's kooky and fun most of the time, annoying at others.  Never know when he is real or making emotional stuff up for ratings tho.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Some say that he has an ARFCOM account.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:11:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted: Some say that he has an ARFCOM account.
He should have an arfcom account. There's plenty of material here.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:23:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
he is a bit...well...he is super right wing

He makes most conservatives look like Cindy Sheehan.

I guess that makes Savage look like Gandhi next to me!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:25:14 AM EDT
[#22]

"I guess people love my show because of my hard edge combined with humor and education," he says. "Those who listen to me say they hear a bit of Plato, Henry Miller, Jack Kerouac, Moses, Jesus, and Frankenstein. I pull many of my life experiences, including that of father, son, husband, brother, ice cream factory worker, busboy, lifeguard, writer, scientist, and my huge library of books."
-Michael Savage

I don't get to listen to him much as none of my local AM talk radio stations seem to carry him (at least not his live week day shows). I listen to Rush daily, but it seems most of the other talk shows that are on my stations are done by locals in Lexington.

Anyone know of any stations (with fairly high power) that carry Savage in Cincinnati, Louisville, Knoxville, or other nearby cities?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#23]
What do you think of the Michael Savage
-------------------------------------------
Why is he the Michael Savage?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#24]
straight up.....he's the fucking man
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:49:06 PM EDT
[#25]
<-----------------What do you think I think of the Savage?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:56:48 PM EDT
[#26]
He's a crazy fucker.  And yet, I never fail to catch his show.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#27]
He's OK, but his show seems like an "act' to me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:11:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Too negative.  Listening to him you'd think the world was ending. When he talks about his own personal life, he's listenable and interesting, he's an interesting guy, and that's no small thing. But his take on politics is just too negative and he doesn't seem to have much to contribute except complaining.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:50:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Too negative.  Listening to him you'd think the world was ending. When he talks about his own personal life, he's listenable and interesting, he's an interesting guy, and that's no small thing. But his take on politics is just too negative and he doesn't seem to have much to contribute except complaining.

I have similar feelings about his shows in that he does get a little to pessimistic. But, I still listen to him every day. FWIW, he is popular for a lot of the scientists that I work with (guys with Phd's)
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:00:07 AM EDT
[#30]
He isn't afraid to speak his mind that's for sure, some things he says I don't always agree with.  Most of the time however he is right on!!

However, I'm usually exhausted by the time I finish listening to his show, he can get you so riled up about liberalism in this country.  There are times when I just can't listen because I get so pissed just listening to hearing about all the total BULLSHIT that goes on in this country!

Michael is right, Liberalism IS a Mental Disorder

I liked something I heard him say the other night, quoting a guest I beleive, but there was truth to it........

"Democrats and Republicans are two wings of the same bird of prey"

I thought that was an awesome analogy
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Disagree, his solution for the illegals, a barrel of oil from Mexcio for every illegal alien would be a great start.
Actually look forward to his show everyday, I agree with most of what his says, sometimes a bit too negative.  I especially agree with his disappointment with President Bush on the securing the border with Mexico.  Bush has really dropped the ball on this.  Savage also exposes  “Islamo Fascism” and the “Gay Mafia.”  Also the guy owns a Glock and an AR-15, so of all the conservative talk shows, he consistently defends gun owners’ rights.   Bill O’Reily has in the past come out in favor in AWB, and seems to be no friend of the gun owners.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#32]
He's a little liberal for my tastes.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:08:03 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Jesus if Savage is too liberal for you........
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#34]
The wife has the radio turned on while Savage is on about every week night.  Admire his candor, but his negative attitude is less then inspiring.  My biggest complaint is that he goes on long rants about topics that he has little understanding of, that is down right painful to hear and as a result I frequently turn the radio off.  Especially when he talks about economics and religion.  Wish the guy would take some basic economic leasons from Walter Williams.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:15:16 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jesus if Savage is too liberal for you........

Actually, he is. His simplistic solutions for problems often would entail huge governmental expansion, among other problems.  He's not a conservative - he's an angry old man that bitches about the world's problems and how disgusted he is that no one (meaning govt) is doing anything to fix it.  Doesn't sound conservative from where I stand.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:18:35 AM EDT
[#36]
has has good and bad.. he acks like a know it all ass, even when he is wrong..

he is also more tinfoil hat then others...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:24:14 AM EDT
[#37]
MS is entertainment for people with very short attention spans.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:27:18 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Actually, he is. His simplistic solutions for problems often would entail huge governmental expansion, among other problems.  He's not a conservative -

Yes, he is no conservative, and he say that quite often.  His idea of price fixing as the answer for gas shortages after the hurrican is a perfect example.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:28:20 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
MS is entertainment for people with very short attention spans.

What's the term he uses, hieroglyphics, ha!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:29:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Like Limbaugh, a professional clown with no real sense of comedy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top