Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2005 8:30:05 AM EDT
Saw this on FNC... thought it was pretty neat so I thought I'd spread the word for anyone who is a little nervous about having a tree in their house that could burst into flames at the drop of a hat or want to take extra fire precautions in their entire home.

No, I'm not getting paid to post this. Just thought it was worth letting people know about.
No, I don't currently use it. Frankly, if my home burned down it'd be a blessing.

Christmas Tree treatment

NO-BURN® CHRISTMAS TREE FIRE GARD was developed for direct application to your live Christmas tree, rendering it highly fire resistant. CHRISTMAS TREE FIRE GARD can also be used on garlands, wreaths and other Christmas decorations.

NO-BURN® CHRISTMAS TREE FIRE GARD will not discolor or brown the needles in a live tree, nor will it affect needle retention. It is easily applied and is safe for children and pets. In 2003, the State of Rhode Island, still recovering from the affects of The Station nightclub fire, mandated the use of NO-BURN® CHRISTMAS TREE FIRE GARD on the state Christmas tree in the State Capital Building. Take the same steps to make sure that a Christmas tree fire does not destroy your holiday.

USES: Use CHRISTMAS TREE FIRE GARD on live cut Christmas trees, wreaths, garlands, cut centerpieces, and more!

TEST RESULTS
NO-BURN® CHRISTMAS TREE FIRE GARD has been tested and registered by the California State Fire Marshal per Code Title 19, Section 1264.3 Christmas Trees (it is subject to re-examination, revision and possible cancellation)

No-Burn Website
No-Burn video test

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
It works pretty good.  My brother uses it but then he never had a fire to begin with.  Since he has 2 kids now every little bit helps.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
So now your Christmas tree can be non-flammable or non-carcinogenic, but not both at the same time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top