Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2005 12:54:23 PM EDT
some plans for a good design. I do not plan to cook whole hogs or anything that large . I have 70 cinder blocks and all the brick I would need. Any help would be appreciated or just some pics of different designs..
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#1]
tagged for responses
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Prolly not what you are looking for but something to look at.

mha-net.org/msb/html/bakeoven.htm
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I was just thinking of these this weekend.  I want to bake pizzas with it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#5]
In my experience, cinder block does not hold up to a prolonged fire longer than one season or year. We have to replace them every year. The mortar is the weakest link. If anyone knows of a good source for bricks than can stand the prolonged heat, let me know.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
In my experience, cinder block does not hold up to a prolonged fire longer than one season or year. We have to replace them every year. The mortar is the weakest link. If anyone knows of a good source for bricks than can stand the prolonged heat, let me know.

In this part of the country, there is no fire in the BBQ pit.  Only coals.  The meat slow cooks at about 250-300 degrees.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Exactly what I am talking about . I am pretty good on my smoker I bought in Franklin TN. It is a steel one with a fire box below and the chamber above and will model my pit from that design after giving it some thought only a tad larger just in case. I never use any more than 300  deg. to cook meat on. I will be buying some fire brick to line the pit and lots of sand below the fire pit  to hold the heat in . It will be below the fire pit . I would like to have 2 cooking chambers the ability to close one off and use just one of them for cooking faster . Fast for me is 8-12 hours , slow is 24 hours or so.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Homer Simpson does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top