Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2005 1:23:09 PM EDT

I have two Fedex shipments coming to me and I have been tracking them.
Both only track from the outbound, nothing inbound.

I call on both packages today (ammo and a firearm) to see WTF is going on.
Both show an "estimated" delivery date of tomorrow.

Talk to the Fedex rep, she says that "she can not find either tracking number in the system, but if both are to be delivered tomorrow then they should be there tomorrow".

I let her know I won't be home, so I will drive out to the Fedex hub on Monday and pick up the packages.

So I head on off to the garage to clean up the garage and clean a gun.

The wife gets home a couple hours later and finds a Fedex door tag on the front door.

WTF????

I am in the garage with the roll up door cracked open, the side door open, my truck in the driveway and the local talk show on the radio and the driver ignored me!!

Get off the phone with Fedex (again), the tell me they can't find either package in the system, "HOWEVER, we do show that you have a scheduled delivery for tomorrow".  

I can't even get mad at this point.

At least they are going to try and redeliver it today.

I offered to meet the driver, but since it's a FIREARM I can't.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm waiting for FedEx on a shipment thats been postponed twice.
I should have gotten it two days ago.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Fedex ground sucks major ass for residential deliveries.  They're ok for business districts though.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I had trouble with them delivering legal papers to my mothers house when she bought  a new house and moved in. They told me they could not find the house or address. So I went to the main office and finally asked them what map they were using, and they came back with a 5 year old phonebook map. Half of our town was not on it. You would think they could do a little better than that.
I also had a friend that ordered a computer system for over a $1000 that they left on the front porch with no one home. A neighbor kid was caught 2 months later after he stole it and was using it. The box said ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED right on the box.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Man it's december, are you surprised?
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Fedex ground remains the most reasonably priced method to ship firearms, so I'm happy with them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:31:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Went to the fun show on Saturday, guess what I found when I got home....

Not one but TWO tried to deliver tags on the front door.  

This was after I called on Friday and told them not to deliver either package, that I would go pick them up on Monday from the hub.

I know it's Christmas, but goodness.....
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#7]
FEDEX Ground and FEDEX Express both delivered to my house today.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If they can't find the packages in the system, how can they give a delivery date?

You are asking me?

One package STILL shows that it has not arrived in Seattle, the other shows delivery completed to me.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If they can't find the packages in the system, how can they give a delivery date?

You are asking me?

One package STILL shows that it has not arrived in Seattle, the other shows delivery completed to me.  

Maybe they sent it to RUS, wherever that is.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmmmm......looks remarkably like a case of CMP Greek 30.06 HXP ammo containing 4 spam cans clipped and in bandoleers!

Dare I ask what the firearm was?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I have 3 more bullet holders for that Greek 30 cal on the way myself. (via FedX of course.) Just got another case of the XHP also.

Times are good........
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hmmmm......looks remarkably like a case of CMP Greek 30.06 HXP ammo containing 4 spam cans clipped and in bandoleers!

Dare I ask what the firearm was?

I wish it was Garand #2, however, it was a Beretta Tomcat I sent back to Beretta to get fixed.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I've had enough problems to go out of my way to avoid FEDEX ground in the future.

One time I had FEDEX ground "lose" gun parts.  After the package missing the delivery date, numerous calls, and the system showing it was delivered to a zip code other than mine(the one to which it was shipped), I said that I was calling the ATF the next day.  This was a Saturday.  Sometime between midnight and 6:00 AM Sunday morning the package mysteriously showed up unannounced on my front doorstep.

That's just the most obvious example of attempted theft.  I've had plenty of other issues with them.  I rarely have any issues with UPS or FEDEX normal.  I think 99% of it has to do with your delivery guy.  Things get hectic around Christmas and it is never the normal guy from any company, and FedEx has been showing up in rental trucks, while I think the UPS guys(two in a truck now) work like a trash truck and don't actually stop.  Just one guy jumps out and runs to your house, drops the package, and runs back to meet the truck pulling back out of your driveway.  So I tend to cut a little slack in the weeks before Christmas.

DHL is another nightmare.  When it was Airborne Express, it was a seemed like a halfassed delivery company with a very unprofessional employee delivering here, who had to call for directions a couple times.  But, the Airborne Express guy always delivered on time and in good condition.  DHL doesn't seem to have a regular delivery person, at least in my area, and I've had things delayed, lost, damaged, damaged and repacked in a new delivery box to hide the evidence, and worse.  But with DHL I believe it is just incompetence unlike FEDEX ground which I believe to be direct attempts at theft.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#16]
they brought me my boots today, and I agree  that their online tracking sux
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#17]
FedEx took RPS's model, which worked pretty well, and screwed it up. The result is poor service.

www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_48/b3961086.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top