Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#1]
never had one but the local radio station morning news guy had one, he had the nurse call the station on his cell phone during the proceedure, he was moaning and whining very loudly. but he did not remember it at all. basicly the nurse told the guys at the radio station they give you enough meds that you hurt like hell during but dont remember it well enough to go kick the doctors a$$ later
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks DslBenz for the best wishes.

I appreciate it.

The Dr. did say that they (the polyps) looked ok, as in not cancerous, but the biopsy should offer the definative word as to whether or not they truly are.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I had my 1st one when I was 58 and they got 11 polyps <sp> out of the hose - none were cancer .
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#4]
First one 2 years ago...2 polops, no cancer....bring flowers....
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#5]

I remember hearing about a pill that you swallow that's actually a camera. You wear a belt for 24 hours and it takes pictures of your whole GI tract and it radios the pictures back to the belt. Crap it out, take the belt off and turn it in and you're done. Sounds much less of a pain to me. Is this available yet?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I remember hearing about a pill that you swallow that's actually a camera. You wear a belt for 24 hours and it takes pictures of your whole GI tract and it radios the pictures back to the belt. Crap it out, take the belt off and turn it in and you're done. Sounds much less of a pain to me. Is this available yet?

I heard something about this a while back as well.  I think it was mostly useful to avoid complications that could result from the colonoscopy -- you still have to clean out your lower GI.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't seen the pill version used all that widely yet.  It's outside my specialty, so maybe someone else can answer better.

It seems like more of an express ride through the bowels, kinda like visiting Europe in a tour bus.  That may make it harder to stop in London and "explore the tubes."  Again, I usually deal with the other end of the body, so am probably pulling this out of my a$$.

Sorry about the bad jokes; blame it on the 100oz mini keg of Diet Mt Dew.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I can remember drinking what tasted like dirty water, and a lot of it.  And pretty much believing that while President Reagan was getting his done, he didin't have to drink the crap that tasted bad like we did.  Didn't know what, but I was damn sure it wasn't the muddy water mix.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top