Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2001 5:59:38 PM EDT
Armchair quarterbacking- I'm guilty of doing it all the time. I comment on things I know about but have [b]NO[/b] experience in the matter.

Today, I got myself shot up a few times. I don't think I was directly responsible though for the simulated deaths of others on my team. This week I am attending an Engagement Tactics course.  We are using simunition. It's pretty cool. Actually it is extremely cool. After a few days of classroom time, we headed out to start engaging the threats, indoors and outdoors. FUN FUN FUN!!

I'm having a hard time composing what I'd like to say here because I'm still thinking about what has surpassed this day.  I learned that controlling your fire is [b]critical[/b]! YOU WILL DIE if you run out of ammo in a fire fight..(NO SH*T, right?).

I keep thinking of the mistakes my team made today and what we could of done to turn the tide for our side. It [b]looks[/b] easy on T.V. doesn't it? What do they call these guys "trained professionals", what I felt like today a few times was a "trained idiot".

There is so much that involves this type of work - clearing rooms/spaces and staying alive.

Also I would highly recommend learning to change magazines in TOTAL darkness.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#1]
In case you didn't know, this type of work will make you sweat like a pig!
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#2]
this product comes in real handy
[img]http://www.surefire.com/images/6P.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top