Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2001 5:14:17 PM EDT
2nd generation Glock 17 police trade in with 2 high caps $400
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 5:27:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 5:32:42 PM EDT
Kaboom![:D]
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 5:33:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 5:38:25 PM EDT
its a dealer in colorado they have a few so i can go through and find the one with a good finish so thats a good deal on a 2nd gen(no finger grooves) i guess i can put one of those handall things on it
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 5:42:41 PM EDT
Ditto what LarryG said!
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 6:21:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 6:26:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Troy: And there have been HOW MANY kB!s of 9mm Glocks? Exactly. -Troy
View Quote
that i know 0 except really hot handloads the kb!'s are in the glock 20 series (22 etc etc)
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 6:45:53 PM EDT
Actually, I Juggernaut, the despiser of Glocks, would have a 9mm glock LO-O-O-O-O-O-ONG before I used any other caliber, especially the .40. A fully supported aftermarket barrel in a G17 would probably convince me to keep and fire it and not use it for a paperweight...[:D] Juggernaut
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 6:59:02 PM EDT
I get so tired of all this KB crap. I have shot the crap out of a G-27 the last two years....well over 3-4k through it and no KB. My 23c.....no KB.............I don't shoot lead and don't fool w/ reloads. Until my very own KB on me I refuse to beleive this as being an issue when used with top-shelf defensive/target ammo. Glock simply does not impress traditionalists but sure impresses the rest of the world. And, lest I be chastised for being inexperienced w/ other styles/makes of handguns I will only say that my others are by HK, Walther, Springfield Armory and Para Ord. Quality is quality and $hit can happen to any given weapon on any given day..........period! Great Deal man..........jump all over that!
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 7:06:38 PM EDT
-->"Hell yes! The hi-caps are worth $100 each, so you're getting the gun for $200." The hicaps are not *worth* $100, that is just what you will pay for them... LOL They are worth $19.95 in reality... That was one of the reasons why I got rid of my G19... I figured that if I bought a few hicaps, I could just have bought a second Glock! That and my HS2000 outshot my Glock and beat it in every way, so I sold the Glock, and got a pair of 18 round Beretta hicaps for only $50(for both)my HS2000 and have not looked back. Now, if Glock will make a single stack G26 slimline pistol, then I will be fighting tooth and nail to get to the front of that line... ;-)
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 10:04:37 PM EDT
Forget the fact that it has no finger grooves or accesory rails - LOTS of people (myself included) prefer the older frames - put your fingers where you want them and no thumb hump to contend with - my thumb wants to ride right on top of the damned hump. Ask any Glock rep - they have been inundated with requests to produce the old frame style again. BTW - if it's not a nearly smooth "pebble" finish all over the frame (no grooves on the grip), then it's really a 2nd generation frame. The new FG and rail frames are gen 3. Tate
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 10:31:09 PM EDT
so i have 2 questions whats the diff between 1st and 2nd gen glocks and what do high caps cost?
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 10:11:13 AM EDT
anyone have pics. does a 2nd gen have a pebbel finish? also is the realy a differance between having nfml and fml mags?
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 10:18:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 10:41:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Juggernaut: Actually, I Juggernaut, the despiser of Glocks, would have a 9mm glock LO-O-O-O-O-O-ONG before I used any other caliber, especially the .40. A fully supported aftermarket barrel in a G17 would probably convince me to keep and fire it and not use it for a paperweight...[:D] Juggernaut
View Quote
The 9mm Glocks have a fully supported chamber from the factory. It was the introduction of the larger calibers (.45acp 10mm & 40s&w) that brought about the barrels with not completely supported chambers. With very few exceptions most 1911's & all the clones in .45acp do not have fully supported chambers either. I have 3 9mm glocks & 2 Colt .45acp's & love shooting all of them. The Glock is easy to shoot, accurate & extremely reliable. (I've had no problems with the 1911's either) I have friends with 10mm .45acp & .40s&w Glocks & after thousands of rounds no problems at all. I don't think you'd be making a mistake & thats a good price if the magazines are drop free magazines. The drop free magazines have a full metal liner.
Top Top