Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
One day my dog Stumpy was watching me make Salsa, and starred whining for a treat.  

Being in my kind nature, I tossed him a piece of what I was cutting.  Of course he ate it.  

He acted funny for the next hour or so.   Lots of water and grass.

Habanero peppers?  Check....
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was a teenager, we all got together and went camping. We all went fishing, leaving a delicious brisket cooking slowly over the coals.

While we were gone, my buddies black lab decided he was going to swipe the brisket off the grill that we were cooking.

Damn dog ate almost the whole thing. When we got back to camp, the pooch was passed out and slept for 2 days before he woke up.

Gotta give it to the dog, he nutted up and ate the whole shebang.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The dog  across the street from me will eat any thing but assmonkey
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
We uesd to use ground cayenne pepper to discourage our two labs from investigating the kitchen counters in our absence.

They got to liking  and seemed to be attracked to items covered in cayenne.

So we switched to moustraps to discourage their counter scrounging.

efxguy
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The dog  across the street from me will eat any thing but assmonkey

My dog won't eat assmonkey either.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine aren't real fond of Long John Silvers fish planks. My cats walk away after smelling them. Is there a lesson in this?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Kona will eat just about anything but ice.

That's funny, my Kona (GSP) likes to eat ice.

1911fan
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#8]
My dogs will eat pretty much anything also.

They have had almost all table scraps, raw buffalo, raw beef, raw turkey, raw lamb, raw quail , raw ostrich, raw venison, eggs (with shells), raw tripe (on of the top 10 most disgusting things you will ever smell), raw chicken (whole chickens with the bones and all), and raw salmon.

They don't get anything with sugar and no onions.

I can't think of anything else that I haven't givin them.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#9]
8 years old and will eat anything except pickles also.  You can give him a hamburger and he will inhale it but spit the pickles out right in front of you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/Fyrrmann/Family%20Pics/baxter.jpg
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:16:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
8 years old and will eat anything except pickles also.  You can give him a hamburger and he will inhale it but spit the pickles out right in front of you.

That is funny.  Reminded me of something my Dachshund does when he doesn't care for something he tastes...

"PTOOEY!"  Literally makes a funny noise something like that and spits! it out across the floor.  I bought some of those shitty dog biscuits at Walmart by "Old Roy".  He was excited to be getting a dog bone, grabbed it out of my hand and started to bite it, then spit it out.  It actually when sliding across the hardwood floor because he spit it out so hard.

Now dog shit.  No problems there.  But you give him a flavorless dog bone and he gets "picky".
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
One day my dog Stumpy was watching me make Salsa, and starred whining for a treat.  

Being in my kind nature, I tossed him a piece of what I was cutting.  Of course he ate it.  

He acted funny for the next hour or so.   Lots of water and grass.

Habanero peppers?  Check....

That's too funny.  I gave both of our boxers Frank's Hot Sauce (which is good stuff BTW) and their toungues kept going in and out of their mouths and their eyes watered and they started sneezing.  Now, whenever I present food to them, they always sniff first ...  Smart pups.

No, I'm not that mean to them ...  (*starts wondering about lemons*)
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:34:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My dogs will eat pretty much anything also.

They have had almost all table scraps, raw buffalo, raw beef, raw turkey, raw lamb, raw quail , raw ostrich, raw venison, eggs (with shells), raw tripe (on of the top 10 most disgusting things you will ever smell), raw chicken (whole chickens with the bones and all), and raw salmon.

They don't get anything with sugar and no onions.

I can't think of anything else that I haven't givin them.

The fact that you don't give them sugar reminded me of the fact that neither of my dogs are crazy about Krispy Kreme donuts ... They'll eat them eventually but they could just as easily leave 'em.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Feed them a can of Hormel chili with beans.

They'll eat it once, and only once.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#14]
My dogs got into the garbage can once. For the last six months it has been a miserable struggle to get them to eat ANY dogfood. I spend tons of money almost daily to find dog food they will eat. I do not want them eating table food... I leave them food and water out and they will go a whole day or more without eating. I have no idea what to do?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My dogs got into the garbage can once. For the last six months it has been a miserable struggle to get them to eat ANY dogfood. I spend tons of money almost daily to find dog food they will eat. I do not want them eating table food... I leave them food and water out and they will go a whole day or more without eating. I have no idea what to do?

My two dogs will go the entire day w/o eating their dog food waiting for us to get home so that they can have "human" food.  Sometimes we give it to them, some times we don't.  The times we don't, they wait until both my wife and I are in bed with the lights off and then we hear their nails clicking down the hall towards their food dishes followed by sounds of them crunching their dry dog food and probably cursing us too.

I guess my advice would be to always make sure the food and water are down there and then just leave the choice up to them.  They'll eat it eventually.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#16]
My dog loves pickles.  but she won't eat mushrooms.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top