User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#1]

A gun only a manufacturer could love.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
If it is inertia operated that could be a problem. Don't they know hanging everything but the kitchen sink off a rifle is big these days? I need them rails.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to see the Arfcom Fashion Police weighing in on how a rifle looks. Lord knows, how it looks is damned important!
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 11:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I'm excited.

Who can argue with another EBR to buy?
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
almost looks like it was built off a semi-auto shotgun.....

Thats what I was thinking

Kind of. Looks more like they took their R1 semi auto rifle reciever which itself was a shotgun hybrid and scaled it to the .223.

www.impactguns.com/store/media/ben_r1-full.jpg

Looks like a TAPCO-ized R1
Edit to kill pic
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 11:08:22 PM EDT
[#6]
The stock needs to be changed to be more ergonomic.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 11:08:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
looks like a metal reciever, collapsable stock, takes ar mags.

looks like the rear sight was some kind of after thought.

unless it is significantly cheaper than an AR15 i'll pass.

Looks to me like that whole top-cover is meant to be replaced with something much nicer (and/or swapped out entirely if it's ambi like the Cx4).

I really hate the design of that top-cover altogether, actually. It would be much more practical to have one going over the bolt with a sliding cover on each carryhandle side (a la FAL, only ambi swappable, and with a cover behind the exposed bolt like on late-model AK's).
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Apparently, about 80% of this site.

If it was $50 and came with a working vagina, I think half this forum would turn their nose up at it and whine that it didn't look cool.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 11:13:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it was $50 and came with a working vagina, I think half this forum would turn their nose up at it and whine that it didn't look cool.

Half this board has never seen a vagina in person
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 11:47:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a feeling it will not show up state side.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 11:56:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It probably will, but be LE only. That way, if it's produced in Italy, it can come in directly. If it's for civy sales here, it'll have to be assembled by BUSA using made in the US parts to get around the 922 regs, or completely built here.

Possible, but not probable....or else we'd have had the AR70 or something like it me thinks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#13]
this begs the question, what are gun laws like in Italy? I'm guessing they aren't building that gun for the home market, why would you produce a new .223 ebr if you weren't planning on selling it the worlds largest market for small arms?

It sort of reminds me of an HK54.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 12:31:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
this begs the question, what are gun laws like in Italy? I'm guessing they aren't building that gun for the home market, why would you produce a new .223 ebr if you weren't planning on selling it the worlds largest market for small arms?

I'm sure it'll be marketed to law enforcement and military worldwide long before being marketed to civilians, if it is at all.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 12:36:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It probably will, but be LE only. That way, if it's produced in Italy, it can come in directly. If it's for civy sales here, it'll have to be assembled by BUSA using made in the US parts to get around the 922 regs, or completely built here.

Possible, but not probable....or else we'd have had the AR70 or something like it me thinks.

I disagree, actually. The CX4 really has been a civvie sales success in the US.  It's all about the almighty dollar (Euro?) so I would be very surprised if they're not looking at selling it on the American civvie market.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 1:31:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I disagree, actually. The CX4 really has been a civvie sales success in the US.  It's all about the almighty dollar (Euro?) so I would be very surprised if they're not looking at selling it on the American civvie market.

I have no doubts that Beretta would like the civy sales, but their US manufacturing isn't preparing to make these guns, AFAIK. I know an employee there in their pistol plant, and he said no one there's heard a thing about this gun.

So, what's the reality? They can't sell them to us by direct importation. The ONLY way would to get them here is to make a bunghole stock  neuter them, ala the CX4, or to import some of it, manufacture the rest here, and assemble it to make it evil featured.

It's possible, hell I've been wrong before but I don't think Beretta is ready to make that leap based on what I've heard about BUSA and their readiness.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:09:22 AM EDT
[#17]
The '89 ban will keep it from ever being imported.  Expect a crowned muzzle, no bayo lug, and that goofy thumbhole-type stock like the Storm has.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#18]
It sort of does look like its made for the le or civilian market here.  It has no fun switch, it looks like it just goes from safe to fire.  I'm guessing they used the shotgun receiver just so they can use their straight stocks.  Either to see if they get them imported in that configuration or give le a new PC looking patrol gun.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#19]
The but stock looks interesting, not ugly.  Why?  Beacause one its probably made on exsisting tooling for their R1, which means its cheaper (good thing, there are enough pricey assualt rifles on the market, the low end stuff is limited to Mini-14 and Keltech, and AK).  If this thing sells for what the Storm does, has decent accuracy then it will be competive.  If it costs as much as an AR it should have out of box AR accuracy.

It looks like that stock might possible be collapsible and we are seeing it fully collapsed?

The other thing is that they can put a normal sporter stock on the gun, ship it with a ten round mag and import it as a sporting weapon.  I'm guessing this is what they will do.  I've not done a import conversion to a evil assault configuration, what all needs to be done?  How many parts does it need?  Ten?

In all honesty I doubt many manufacturers really think they will get any decent LEO sales in the US with all the M4's and M16's being cranked out.

EDIT:  After looking at it a minute I do think that stock is collapsible.  If has a button on the left side.  What the hell else would it be for except to release the stock to pull out.  If it were one piece with the pistol grip there wouldn't be that gap, after all its plastic, you just mold it in one piece.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#20]
tag for later
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Abortion
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh please, what a bunch of BS, I suppose if High point comes out with a new .223 your going to run right out and get it too.

Hey, it's a new EBR isn't it?
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh please, what a bunch of BS, I suppose if High point comes out with a new .223 your going to run right out and get it too.

Know what? Hi Point makes a VERY GOOD little carbine for $135, and I would buy one if I was in the need for another 9mm, which I'm not. I've shot them, they run good, and they come with a no BS lifetime warranty. If they made a .223 for $300 that shoots as good as their carbine, you bet your ASS I'd buy it.

And, I'm 100% serious that most people on this board are utter, outright fashion faggots about rifles. It HAS to look cool, or they're not interested. Well, bucko, that's not me. I have a whole safe full of guns that people think are ugly, and some of them I count as my favorite pieces.

I have a blocky, big, ugly Ruger P89 that's never failed me. I have a Beretta Storm, that I love. I have a MAS-36, that's accurate as hell. Looks mean DIDDLY SHIT to me, understand? If it works, it works well and I can afford it, it takes on a beauty all its own.

This offering from Beretta intrigues me, because they generally make a very good gun. If it works, it's accurate, and is affordable, I'm on it like stink on shit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

And, I'm 100% serious that most people on this board are utter, outright fashion faggots about rifles. It HAS to look cool, or they're not interested.

I'll admit to being one of those, but not to the sacrifice of function.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Fugly.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And, I'm 100% serious that most people on this board are utter, outright fashion faggots about rifles. It HAS to look cool, or they're not interested.

I'll admit to being one of those, but not to the sacrifice of function.

At least you're man enough to admit it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Import laws say 'YOU NOT OWN!'

Link Posted: 11/28/2005 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#29]
If they make it about the same price as the CX4 it's a winner.  There's a store here selling them for $550.

Link Posted: 11/28/2005 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Shit.............there goes more of my money.........FN2000, SCAR........I need a loan!
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 3:44:52 PM EDT
[#31]
I think I might have to buy one.....
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
If they make it about the same price as the CX4 it's a winner.  There's a store here selling them for $550.

That's a little high, GT's has them for 519$.  Both .40 and 9mm.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If it says Beretta I'll buy it. (I'm close to owning their entire product line)

i'm also a believer in beretta produts-got a 1201 fp and a 92 fs....wouldn't mind adding one of these to the family
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#34]
I think it's kinda hot.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I gotta admit...if they put a rail on top and along the sides I would buy it as long as the price was reasonable.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Import laws say 'YOU NOT OWN!'

Yeah, because there's no way that could be made in the US.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, because Beretta is in the same category as Hi-Point.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, I think it's probably gas operated.  Similar to the M1014 system.  That receiver doesn't lie.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a little high, GT's has them for 519$.  Both .40 and 9mm.

This place has all 3: 9, .40 and .45 at $550
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, because Beretta is in the same category as Hi-Point.

No, but Hi-point is in the same catagory as a $50 rifle.

I'm done buying weird , off the wall guns. I want things I can work on and modify without ordering parts from Europe.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#41]
tag
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#42]
tag
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#43]
I doubt they'll import it here for us civilians. Maybe if Beretta built it here it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'm done buying weird , off the wall guns. I want things I can work on and modify without ordering parts from Europe.

You do know that guns like the Glock, SigSauer, Beretta, etc. that are made in Europe have parts and distributors here in the US, right?

I have ordered parts from all three companies, and received them from the United States in short order.

If they sold the gun here, you can bet BUSA would be handling its support....not that I'd be biting my nails that it would require constant parts. I haven't broken a Beretta product yet and god knows I've used them hard enough to.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks cool. I hope its around the price of a WASR
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#46]
If it's not an improvement on the AR15 I'm not too interested.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, I studied those pictures and I will say I'm not too impressed.

It is apparent this rifle is an afterthough based on a shotgun design.

Magwell is to far foward of the trigger.  The rifle doesnt appear to be as optics friendly as an AR-15.

I have been really disapointed with Beretta lately.  They screwed up on the CX4 9mm carbine.  Now they are messing up on this.

I just don't know why they dont produce an SC-70 for us and give us what we want.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#49]

"we have captured" the first official images of the carabina Beretta Rx4 bore 223 Remington, alias (being, at least, to the national Catalogue) Benelli Mr1. The mechanics is become related with that one of the carabina Argon: operation to recovery of gas with two pistons to short race, rotary stopper to testina. Soccer is of the type collassabile, similar to that one used from the gun to smooth cane Benelli M4. Innovated the astina, much aggressive one, and the bocchettone to you of the loader, able to accept the loaders of 30 blows to Born standard. Hour, the range Storm di Beretta, than already boasts the Px4 and the Cx4, is indeed complete. When in the armories? Goodness knows! For the moment you must be pleased to watch it! Cliccate on the image in order to magnify it.

;)

http://www.armietiro.it/edisport/armi/Notizie.nsf/AllDocID/IA06947FEFCE27378C12570C3004735E1?OpenDocument
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#50]
That thing would be kinda neat with a Beta mag
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top