BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:28:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Done!

Sent my thanks with home address. I don't know if it is a mistake but am told that politicians disregard or do not take seriously any e-mail without name and address.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Done.
VonFatman
(sent the President a similar message last week...a letter thanking him for the support)
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Sent my e-mail just now and plan to phone in AM. Thanks for the information and plan to pass it on!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Done
[:D]
-bricklayer
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Attorney General Ashcroft:

I wish to thank you and President Bush for the very welcome change in policy you have made regarding the Second Amendment. I frankly had about zero confidence in the new administration's willpower to make meaningful changes in this area, but have so far been very pleasantly surprised.

I was pleased to learn of your proposal to destroy NICS records as soon as practicable (though actually I thought that was what Congress specified in the first place) and wanted to express to you my strong support for this move.

You Republicans often seem like a bunch of Bible-bangers to me, but after eight years of that dirty rat Clinton I am happy to let you bang away for a while. Please continue your efforts to restore the Second Amendment to it's rightful place of respect within our beloved Bill of Rights.

Thanks again,

FUZZBEAN!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Still going......

Dear Attorney General Ashcroft,
 Thank you for your interest in reforming the abuses of the Instant Background Check System that occurred under the Clinton administration.  I encourage you to require federal agencies to comply with the letter of the law that was passed by the US Congress.  I think that an instant check system could be a useful tool in discouraging the illegal purchase of firearms by convicted felons.  But at the same time I disagree with it being used to create an illegal registry of law abiding gun owners in this country.  Your work to protect and uphold the Second Amendment to the Constitution is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Sent my email tonight with hometown address. Thanks for the alert and information.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I seldom visit the "General Discussion" forum but I'm glad I saw this thread. Message to Ashcroft sent.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Done!!!
----------------------------------------------
Mr. Ashcroft,

Instant Background Checks..need to be exactly that. As an active duty member of the Marine Corps since 1984, having been investigated for, and holding a secret clearance to date, I have always been delayed 2-5 hours before I get a "proceed" under NICS. I've been reassured that this happens to many other military personnel, as well as Law Enforcement Officers, most likely because of the flags that the clearance investigations leave behind. If there was anything derogatory in my file, I would hope the issue would have been addressed by now. After all, I've subjected myself to this scrutiny a few times since November of 1998 and I'm still here.  
In my experience, the system appears to be thorough enough to see that kind of data on the front side of the transaction and still come to a positive resolution, well within 5 hours. There isn't any value in retaining the record of any successful transaction beyond Twenty Fours Hours. You have my undivided support!

Keep up the good work, Sir!

Semper Fidelis

Dave (mailing address, etc., deleted)
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top