BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

According to the ATF, the baby below has a machine gun in it's mouth.
www.thezone.org/kellan/shoestring.jpg

That's funny but we're talking about returning stolen property to its lawful owner and not machine guns.

I'm aware of that.
You said "I doubt the ATF is pulling this out of their ass"
I responded with the "shoestring MG."
ATF ruled that a shoestring with a loop on the end is a post-sample MG.
Just pointing out, that in fact, the ATF routinely pulls things out of their ass.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Post in the NJ hometown forum for a member to take a power of attorney from you and go inspect the rifle on your behalf.

Great idea! Didn't realize that was an option. I guess that's why you get the big bucks.
I could ask my Father in law to go look. He's in NJ. Power of attorney eh? Do I need a lawyer to do that? Is it expensive?

Should be able to find a form on the net.

ETA: Verify that ATF will accept/honor it before you have him drive any great distance.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Whats the scoop?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Once the insurance company pays you technically they own it.

This is the case.  The insurance company pays you for the loss of the gun.  If the gun is ever recovered, it becomes their property.  The recovered guns are typically sold to FFL dealers.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top