Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2001 7:21:04 PM EDT
These stupid kids rapping about total nonsense and then at the end they say some stupid sprite motto.  Is this supposed to be cool?

It is certainly annoying, TO THE EXTREME!  It's definitely the new ad gimic for these guys and it sucks, the other night there were about 5 different ones played over the span of about an hour.

Screw SPRITE!  Long live Mt.Dew!  Guess I am 220 pounds of redneck after all!  Guess the days when Mt.Dew had the guy who'd swing off of a rope and land in a river was something that left an impression on me, every summer the first thing I do when the conditions are right is go tubing in the river and hit all the best rope swings.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Mountain Dew is definitely a hillbilly drink.  I just happen to have an old bottle here.

Front shows a hillbilly with his rifle (YES, A RIFLE ON A SODA BOTTLE) aiming at someone else running with a rifle towards an outhouse.  The caption says "MADE FROM FLAVORS SPECIALLY BLENDED IN THE TRADITIONAL HILLBILLY STYLE"

The rear shows the hillbilly holding a jug with the cork popping off through his hat.  Says: "It'll tickle yore innards!"

Back also says "Less than 1/10 of 1% Benzoate of soda and U.S. Certified color added", for what it's worth.

When I want to pick on my cousins (who still live in NC), I call it Mountain Duh.  Get's em riled up every time!

Drink up!

[<]:)] LL [<]:)]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Man that's funny, LL![:D]

But Mt.Dew is definitely the soft drink for me. I turn into Cornholio after about 5 of them, though. I try to limit my intake.[:D]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#4]
For you younger folk, this is a real bottle.  I would guess it to be from the 60s.  When I was a kid I used to collect old soda bottles because I couldn't collect guns yet.

I managed to rip off a couple images from the internet, look almost exactly like what I have
[img]web.tampabay.rr.com/sjmaness/MiscPics/OldMtDew.jpg[/img]

LL
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay, that's the coolest thing I've ever seen!

That explains some of the reason behind why I've always liked Mt.Dew and never realized it!

Think I'm gonna save that picture to put on my webpage.  NO JOKE!

I'm throughly impressed!
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Oops. I just woke up the dog with my laughing!! I never knew about that bottle, I thought you were joking!
That's cool.[8D]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Speaking of rednecks, hey treetop, you remember that whole nose hair discussion that happened on the old board?

the "If you're a real man you yank them instead of trim them"

Was it you who mentioned that if you pull them too much one eventually will spin around backwards and come out through the side of your nostril?

Well, I woke up Saturday morning with a black spec poking out of my right nostril.  When I got the tweezers and pulled it out it ended up being a 1/4 inch long nose hair!

COOOOOOL!
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#8]
No, that wasn't me.[:D] But I remembered that thread the other day when I caught myself yanking hairs from my nostril in my buddy's new BMW. The funny thing was, he caught me too, but here's the laugh- he looked at me with a straight face and said "Odd or Even??" I looked down and said "5".[:D] I then made sure they all went out the window...
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#9]
That's some nostalgia there....been drinking that stuff since the 60's myself. Got to do the Diet Dew now though, sucks getting old [smash]
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh man, those are sprite commercials?! Guess I'm too quick with the remote! Yelling while covering one's ears also works. haha!

Cool Mt Dew bottle BTW :)
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 1:25:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Mountain Dew was the most popular soda next to Pepsi when I was in HS in LA during the late '70's. In fact, a lot of the local surfer dudes swore by the stuff. It wasn't until later we discovered one bottle is like 8 cups of coffee. That stuff is dangerous.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top