[#5]
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Feeding time. photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=100&iGalleryUnq=2153&iImageUnq=42622

why so many cats? my god

Dead body disposal.

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#8]
cats are awesome because they do stuff out of spite.

like whoever mentioned that their cat sat in the box a cat house came in and won't sit in the house itself, there ya go, spite.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
cats are awesome because they do stuff out of spite.

like whoever mentioned that their cat sat in the box a cat house came in and won't sit in the house itself, there ya go, spite.

haha so true, then they just sit there and stare..and they look like ""
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Dumplin'

Molly

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#11]
has anybody seen the gun forums around here anywhere?
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#12]
dracula

weasel with his armor

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Just woke up.

Ready to kill me.

Charles, the elderly and cantankerous calico.

Sharing isn't easy.

Beaker dreams of being a tiger.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#14]

He likes licking the bowl after I eat Chef Boyardee.

I got thousands of photos of him.

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Feeding time. photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=100&iGalleryUnq=2153&iImageUnq=42622

why so many cats? my god

Some folks just don't have the room for pigs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Roscoe

Grady

Roscoe checking out the IH Garand.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Cats and boxes:

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Shadow protecting my fiance's EBR

My cat Pepe le Pew doing what he does best

My parents' cat Bobby

My brother's cat Sophie, just about the fluffiest cat I've seen in my life, as well as stupid.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#20]
whenever I get my guns together and am ready to set out for the range, of if I just get back from it...put my cases down and open them up..first things the cats do is walk up to them and sniff the rifles, their so interested in them....maybe I should get them NRA memberships haha.

cats are hillarious without even trying.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/xntricity/Cats/DSC00455.jpg
My brother's cat Sophie, just about the fluffiest cat I've seen in my life, as well as stupid.

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Lapp_Dance, Ndenway, clement, Airwolf

Quoted:
heres a question..why do cats like to sit in boxes so much..do they feel safer?  are the boxes comfortable?  you can buy a $60 "cat house" thing , and the box that it comes packaged in is what the cat will sit in, and wont even look twice at what you had BOUGHT...I know my sisters cat loves sitting in this old cardboard bottem for a tray of soda cans...wierd isnt it

Yeah... cat's are cheap. I like that about `em, actually.

Thisw is my youngest, Tiernan. Yes, in a BOX.

This is my eldest, Milo, actually PLAYING with one of the actual TOYS I have purchased. (sometimes they fool ya!)  

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#23]
I think when I get older and buy a cat, ill just buy them boxes to play with...that and string..bam your set, nothing fancy needed
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#25]
If you want to get your cat to play with something, flap a small piece of paper or an envelope back and forth in front of their face.

Also try a piece of tape on the tip of their tail.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If you want to get your cat to play with something, flap a small piece of paper or an envelope back and forth in front of their face.

Also try a piece of tape on the tip of their tail.

tape on the tails cruel, the cat would probally knaw it off haha
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Lapp_Dance, Ndenway, clement, Airwolf img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Kacer/KillerCatTiernan2.jpg

Quoted:
heres a question..why do cats like to sit in boxes so much..do they feel safer?  are the boxes comfortable?  you can buy a $60 "cat house" thing , and the box that it comes packaged in is what the cat will sit in, and wont even look twice at what you had BOUGHT...I know my sisters cat loves sitting in this old cardboard bottem for a tray of soda cans...wierd isnt it

Yeah... cat's are cheap. I like that about `em, actually.

Thisw is my youngest, Tiernan. Yes, in a BOX. img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Kacer/Tiernan6.jpg

This is my eldest, Milo, actually PLAYING with one of the actual TOYS I have purchased. (sometimes they fool ya!)  img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Kacer/Milo.jpg

That's so true - my mom went out and bought a cat bed  and some TV trays at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and the cat decided the TV tray was better than the cat bed.  She bought them one of those toys that Milo is playing with but they chewed off the ball on it.

My cat Pepe sleeps in any box he can find - shoe boxes that he stretches out and pizza boxes.

One of my cats actually plays with the toy mice I got her once in a while, so at least I'm not wasting ALL the money I spent to entertain her.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#28]
I can't belive that some of you let your cats on your kitchen counters. That's disgusting.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That's so true - my mom went out and bought a cat bed  and some TV trays at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and the cat decided the TV tray was better than the cat bed.  She bought them one of those toys that Milo is playing with but they chewed off the ball on it.

My cat Pepe sleeps in any box he can find - shoe boxes that he stretches out and pizza boxes.

One of my cats actually plays with the toy mice I got her once in a while, so at least I'm not wasting ALL the money I spent to entertain her.

Yup. Also I've found that they delight in playing w/the milk rigns... those rings that once you open the milk jug are now "loose" as they sort of "lock" the jug? Fred (now deceased) just LOVED those. Sometimes Milo and Tiernan can get into those. Also though it IS in THEIR "schedule" and ONLY in "spurts" they also like the fake furry mice.

Not to hi-jack the topic or anything... but thought some might like these:

Quotes for the cat haters to ponder:

"Beware of people who dislike cats." - Irish proverb
Those that dislike cats will be carried to the cemetery in the rain. - Dutch Proverb
"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain
The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard cats.
- Anonymous
How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein
"The cat has too much spirit to have no heart."
- Ernest Menault
Cat: A pygmy lion who loves mice, hates dogs, and patronizes human beings.
- Oliver Herford
"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life." - Faith Resnick
"Any conditioned cat-hater can be won over by any cat who chooses to make the effort." - Paul Corey
"A home without a cat, and a well-fed, well-petted and properly revered cat, may be a perfect home, perhaps; but how can it prove its title?" - Mark Twain
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown
Confront a child, a puppy, and a kitten with sudden danger; the child will turn instinctively for assistance, the puppy will grovel in abject submission, the kitten will brace its tiny body for a frantic resistance.
- Saki

And quotes for the enjoyment of cat lovers:
Cats do care. For example they know instinctively what time we have to be at work in the morning and they wake us up twenty minutes before the alarm goes off." - Michael Nelson
"There is no such thing as 'just a cat'." - Robert A. Heinlein
"You may own a cat, but cannot govern one." - Kate Sanborn
"Cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the human mind. They realize...that we have an infuriating inability to understand, let alone follow, even the simplest and most explicit of directions." - Cleveland Amory
"You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me." - T.S. Eliot
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worth while?" Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually, "Cats are nice." - Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
"It's really the cat's house--we just pay the mortgage." - Unknown
"I never married because there was no need. I have three pets at home which answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog which growls every morning, a parrot which swears all afternoon, and a cat that comes home late at night." - Maria Corelli
"Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God." - Jeff Valdez
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." - Bruce Graham
Dogs have owners, cats have staff." - Unknown
"The cat lets Man support her. But unlike the dog, she is no handlicker. Furthermore, unlike Man's other great good friend the horse, the cat is no sweating serf of Man. The only labor she condescends to perform is to catch mice and rats, and that's fun." - Vance Packard
"The cat lets Man support her. But unlike the dog, she is no handlicker. Furthermore, unlike Man's other great good friend the horse, the cat is no sweating serf of Man. The only labor she condescends to perform is to catch mice and rats, and that's fun." - Vance Packard
Cats as a class, have never completely got over the snootiness caused by that fact that in Ancient Egypt they were worshipped as gods. - P G Wodehouse
"A dog is like a liberal, he wants to please everybody. A cat doesn't really need to know that everybody loves him." - William Kunstler
"The cat could very well be man's best friend but would never stoop to admitting it." - Doug Larson
"We have a theory that cats are planning to take over the world, just try to look them straight in the eye...yup, they're hiding something!" - Dog Fancy
Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." - Sir Walter Scott
"Cats can work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause most inconvenience."- Pam Brown
"Cats have an infallible understanding of total concentration--and get between you and it."- Arthur Bridges
"Cats were put into the world to disprove the dogma that all things were created to serve man."- Paul Gray
To err is human, to purr is feline. - Robert Byrne
A dog is a dog, a bird is a bird, and a cat is a person.- Mugsy Peabody
"Nobody who is not prepared to spoil cats will get from them the reward they are able to give to those who do spoil them."- Compton MacKenzie
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein
"When anyone mistreats it, the cat wants nothing more to do with that person and will remember him or her for a long time. It doesn't believe in the doctrine of turning the other cheek and won't pretend that it does." - Lawrence N. Johnson
"A cat is the only domestic animal I know who toilet trains itself and does a damned impressive job of it." - Joseph Epstein
"Cats are successful underachievers. They only need to purr in order to get free food and TLC. What other creature can lay around the house doing nothing beyond purring, and still get free food and TLC?" - Jim Aites
"The cat seldom interferes with other people's rights. His intelligence keeps him from doing many of the fool things that complicate life." - Carl Van Vechten
Way down deep, we're all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them. - Jim Davis
One reason we admire cats is for their proficiency in one-upmanship. They always seem to come out on top, no matter what they are doing, or pretend they do. - Barbara Webster
The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo da Vinci
Meow is like aloha - it can mean anything. - Hank Ketchum
The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. - Lynn M. Osband
"Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it." - Unknown
"You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humans useful domestic animals."- George Mikes
If we treated everyone we meet with the same affection we bestow upon our favorite cat, they, too, would purr. - Martin Buxbaum
If a cat does something, we call it instinct; if we do the same thing, for the same reason, we call it intelligence. - Will Cuppy

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup. Also I've found that they delight in playing w/the milk rigns... those rings that once you open the milk jug are now "loose" as they sort of "lock" the jug? Fred (now deceased) just LOVED those. Sometimes Milo and Tiernan can get into those. Also though it IS in THEIR "schedule" and ONLY in "spurts" they also like the fake furry mice.

Not to hi-jack the topic or anything... but thought some might like these:

Quotes for the cat haters to ponder:

"Beware of people who dislike cats." - Irish proverb
Those that dislike cats will be carried to the cemetery in the rain. - Dutch Proverb
"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain
The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard cats.
- Anonymous
How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein
"The cat has too much spirit to have no heart."
- Ernest Menault
Cat: A pygmy lion who loves mice, hates dogs, and patronizes human beings.
- Oliver Herford
"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life." - Faith Resnick
"Any conditioned cat-hater can be won over by any cat who chooses to make the effort." - Paul Corey
"A home without a cat, and a well-fed, well-petted and properly revered cat, may be a perfect home, perhaps; but how can it prove its title?" - Mark Twain
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown
Confront a child, a puppy, and a kitten with sudden danger; the child will turn instinctively for assistance, the puppy will grovel in abject submission, the kitten will brace its tiny body for a frantic resistance.
- Saki

And quotes for the enjoyment of cat lovers:
Cats do care. For example they know instinctively what time we have to be at work in the morning and they wake us up twenty minutes before the alarm goes off." - Michael Nelson
"There is no such thing as 'just a cat'." - Robert A. Heinlein
"You may own a cat, but cannot govern one." - Kate Sanborn
"Cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the human mind. They realize...that we have an infuriating inability to understand, let alone follow, even the simplest and most explicit of directions." - Cleveland Amory
"You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me." - T.S. Eliot
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worth while?" Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually, "Cats are nice." - Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
"It's really the cat's house--we just pay the mortgage." - Unknown
"I never married because there was no need. I have three pets at home which answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog which growls every morning, a parrot which swears all afternoon, and a cat that comes home late at night." - Maria Corelli
"Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God." - Jeff Valdez
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." - Bruce Graham
Dogs have owners, cats have staff." - Unknown
Cats as a class, have never completely got over the snootiness caused by that fact that in Ancient Egypt they were worshipped as gods. - P G Wodehouse
"A dog is like a liberal, he wants to please everybody. A cat doesn't really need to know that everybody loves him." - William Kunstler
"The cat could very well be man's best friend but would never stoop to admitting it." - Doug Larson
"We have a theory that cats are planning to take over the world, just try to look them straight in the eye...yup, they're hiding something!" - Dog Fancy
Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." - Sir Walter Scott
"Cats can work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause most inconvenience."- Pam Brown
"Cats have an infallible understanding of total concentration--and get between you and it."- Arthur Bridges
"Cats were put into the world to disprove the dogma that all things were created to serve man."- Paul Gray
To err is human, to purr is feline. - Robert Byrne
A dog is a dog, a bird is a bird, and a cat is a person.- Mugsy Peabody
"Nobody who is not prepared to spoil cats will get from them the reward they are able to give to those who do spoil them."- Compton MacKenzie
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein
"When anyone mistreats it, the cat wants nothing more to do with that person and will remember him or her for a long time. It doesn't believe in the doctrine of turning the other cheek and won't pretend that it does." - Lawrence N. Johnson
"A cat is the only domestic animal I know who toilet trains itself and does a damned impressive job of it." - Joseph Epstein
"Cats are successful underachievers. They only need to purr in order to get free food and TLC. What other creature can lay around the house doing nothing beyond purring, and still get free food and TLC?" - Jim Aites
"The cat seldom interferes with other people's rights. His intelligence keeps him from doing many of the fool things that complicate life." - Carl Van Vechten
Way down deep, we're all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them. - Jim Davis
One reason we admire cats is for their proficiency in one-upmanship. They always seem to come out on top, no matter what they are doing, or pretend they do. - Barbara Webster
The smallest feline is a masterpiece. - Leonardo da Vinci
Meow is like aloha - it can mean anything. - Hank Ketchum
The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. - Lynn M. Osband
"Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it." - Unknown
"You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humans useful domestic animals."- George Mikes
If we treated everyone we meet with the same affection we bestow upon our favorite cat, they, too, would purr. - Martin Buxbaum
If a cat does something, we call it instinct; if we do the same thing, for the same reason, we call it intelligence. - Will Cuppy

good quotes
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
My next cat...  A Savannah = Half African serval and half domestic.

that looks like 100 percent cerval. thats the biggest savannah i have ever seen. almost be willing to bet that is a pure cerval.

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#32]
man i bet they bite hard....they ever hurt people?  can you keep those in the house?  are they as domesticated as regular house cats?
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Here are a couple pictures of mine, Kali

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Here are a couple pictures of mine, Kali
www.jessjunk.com/coppermine/albums/Kali/normal_DSC00331.JPG

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#37]
www.cleanscreen.info/

1.6 MB Flash page.  Totally SFW.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
man i bet they bite hard....they ever hurt people?  can you keep those in the house?  are they as domesticated as regular house cats?

i went to that site. it is a cerval. cervals retain wild characteristics. you can keep them as pets only under special conditions and in special liviing areas. from what i remember they tend to be very territorial, tear things up and need lots of running, scratching and climbing areas. they cant be house trained. basically its a wild animal that can become used to having humans around. a little more civilized than a pure bred wolf that is brought up by a person.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#39]
This is my cat Fritz. I think he's God's joke on me. I had to put my big Lab down and ended up with this cat.
http://www.fototime.com/{982D26CA-90D0-4833-834C-E6964380E6B2}/picture.JPG
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
This is my cat Fritz. I think he's God's joke on me. I had to put my big Lab down and ended up with this cat.
www.fototime.com/{982D26CA-90D0-4833-834C-E6964380E6B2}/picture.JPG

lol thats quality
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#41]
my guys, scott and nick

Named after my wife and I middle names..

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#42]

This guy is a little different.  He's in here all the time, and even when I turn the water on, he just stands up to play in it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm not good at photography so this is all I have:

June

G
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/muddawggin/HPIM1072.jpg

This guy is a little different.  He's in here all the time, and even when I turn the water on, he just stands up to play in it.

a cat that likes water..thats rare haha
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#46]
wow adorable
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
From the "Cat Gat Hat" thread:

Tony's such a cool cat.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I sharted that was so funny
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I like cats!  

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=34526

wow sure don't have to post a pic of my cats we have twins
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:46:43 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
My cat watches the Factor.

home.gci.net/~johns/oreilly.jpg

Your little kitten ROCKS!

I remember this pic from a while back.  Has he grown a little?  Do you have recent pics of him?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top