Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/30/2001 1:19:54 PM EDT
Took me only 2 tries to get it right. What a ton of fun!!! Sure did blow through a lot of ammo though. Now I have to replenish my stash. The rifle sure did get plenty hot as well. Will there be any harm done to the rifle if I stop shooting it only when it gets too hot to hold? Should I stop shooting it prior to it getting that hot? Also, if it gets that hot, will dunking it in water (minus the ammo) hurt the rifle at all? I shoot with a buddy of mine who is a former Marine and I see him often dunk his rifle in the lake to cool it off.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:02:22 PM EDT
And what, again, is the purpose of this? Oh, too much ammo I guess. Next time send it to me and I'll put in thru a target! Only half joking. :-P
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:59:08 PM EDT
Are you bumpfiring an AR or an AK ? I don't think you're gonna help the rifling any by overheating it, but I've bumpfired quite a bit through my AK's and they still shoot like new... I even melted a set of synthetic handguards, after bumping off a whole 100 round drum...No harm done, just replaced them with bakelite & alumium... As far as dunking the gun in water when it's hot... Thats a NO-NO...The quenching of super hot metal in water, hardens it and makes it brittle... Also, it could easily bend the barrel... I just lock my bolt open and stand the gun upright. Heat rises, and creates an updraft, cooling the barrel quicker...(works for me) Just my $.02
Top Top