Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2001 2:23:23 AM EDT
I was flipping thru the channels and I see that little Bill Gilman bastard.  When I first heard that song at a pool hall, I thought it was a chick, how wrong I was.  Anyway, I catch the last part of his music video, here are the lyrics of the last part.

"Yesterday while walking home
I saw some kid on newberry road
[b]He pulled a pistol from his bag
And tossed it in the river below
Thanks for the help[/b]
Down here on earth
A thousand prayers, a million words
But one voice was heard
One voice was heard
One voice was heard"

It shows some rosy cheeked young member of NAMBLA throwing a revolver off the bridge like he's doing somebody a favor.  I swear to God, this kid might be 12 years old, he's already been corrupted by the Rosie O'Donnels and the music industry.

I'm pissed, I'm gonna go blow something up now.

Hey wait a minute, wouldn't it be illegal for a minor to be packing a pistol, much less concealed, and not even in a holster?
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 6:20:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, he tossed the pistol in the river cuz he just finished using it in an armed robbery. One voice is heard allright, it says,"Gimme all your money, I gotta get a playstation2."
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 6:28:57 AM EDT
[#2]
We can film the innuendo,
We can dance and sing.
When it's said and done,
We haven't told you a thing
We all know that crap is king,
Give us dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're up,
Kick 'em when they're down

=================
Kind of fitting for what you described.  One side of the story to make the sales and the news.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 12:59:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Aww hell that must be the same kid who sang  that version of "Sleigh Ride" the local radio station kept playing over and over again during Christmas. Sounds really hyper.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 1:42:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the innuendo in the song was
"thank god the kid didn't shoot someone",
not
"Guns Suck"

Maybe i'm wrong, but that's how I perceived it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top