Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2001 11:49:25 AM EDT
And what is a Pocket Rocket?
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#1]
To the best of my knowledge, ZERO have been killed by a civilian .50BMG.

Just as not a single COP has ever been shot and killed by a CCW holder legally carrying.  Ever.

As for the "pocket rocket"  that means any gun .39 or better caliber, that can be easily concealed.  So anything powerful that is easily concealed is a "pocket rocket".

43 states allow CCW, 32 of them being "shall issue".  With the Brady Bill capping capacity at 10 rounds, there is no need to have huge wide pistols in many cases, so they shrank them to fit around the 10 round capacity.

And they are surprised that small guns are selling like crazy?

MORONS!

Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#2]
None.  One guy who OWNED a .50 killed a cop, but not with the .50.

A "pocket rocket" is a small-framed automatic in a major power caliber.  Designed to be easily concealable but effective.  Sort of a mouse gun on steroids.  The term was coined by one of the manufacturers, but was picked up and broadcast hysterically by the Violence Policy Center, Rep. Rod Blagojevich, and Sen. Chucky Schumer.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

it's what every male has hanging between his legs
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I killed a big frickin rock yesterday with an Armalite AR-50. It was about 400 yards away. Does that count?
I killed it twice.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#5]
TREETOP, murderer!
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I killed a big frickin rock yesterday with an Armalite AR-50. It was about 400 yards away. Does that count?
I killed it twice.
View Quote

Good job.  Damn rock.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#7]
SquireSCA: To the best of my knowledge, ZERO have been killed by a civilian .50BMG.
Just as not a single COP has ever been shot and killed by a CCW holder legally carrying.  Ever.......... MORONS!
View Quote

One more point (that the antis couldn't care less about), EXACTLY ONE US citizen was killed with a mounted bayonet.
That was in 1953.
She was killed by her husband (a sheriff) with a bayonet mounted on an M-1 carbine. Same old story, marriage on the rocks, bank terrorizing him every day ([u]after he'd declared bankruptcy![/u]), & their only child was killed the week before. He'd returned from Korea a few months before the stabbing, & was more than a little screwed up to start with.

Talk about warning signs! I'm sure our LE members (If there's any left) know how long the CLEO would let him keep a firearm these days.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

it's what every male has hanging between his legs
View Quote

The term has been adopted by a certain group of
men to denote a readiness to "launch" according
to an article on "The Secret Language of Sex."
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Ask a simple ? or 2 Here and get 10% Good info on ? 90% ON BS that has nothing to do with the ? !!!!!! .  I think i will go to some other site to ask ?'s DW Good BY
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn, dude, chill.  I thought your question was answered thoroughly.  Also, I believe there has been 1 murder since 1937 with a legally own MG and that was by an off duty cop.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#11]
The vast majority of criminals prefer small, concealable, and cheap weapons that don't take much skill to use at close range.  Thus they use handguns or the occasional shotgun or rifle.

.50 BMGs are virtually impossible to conceal, require skill to use, cost a small fortune, and will make you deaf if you shoot it without major ear protection.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Wells, you're kidding - right?

Q-Man:,,, and will make you deaf if you shoot it without major ear protection.
View Quote

huh?
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Treetop.

So, killed it twice.  BUT, did it stay dead?  Hmmmmm?????

Sounds like a .50 isn't enough gun for the job to me.  What's next?

James
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top