Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/29/2001 11:49:25 AM EDT
And what is a Pocket Rocket?
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:54:10 AM EDT
To the best of my knowledge, ZERO have been killed by a civilian .50BMG. Just as not a single COP has ever been shot and killed by a CCW holder legally carrying. Ever. As for the "pocket rocket" that means any gun .39 or better caliber, that can be easily concealed. So anything powerful that is easily concealed is a "pocket rocket". 43 states allow CCW, 32 of them being "shall issue". With the Brady Bill capping capacity at 10 rounds, there is no need to have huge wide pistols in many cases, so they shrank them to fit around the 10 round capacity. And they are surprised that small guns are selling like crazy? MORONS!
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:57:48 AM EDT
None. One guy who OWNED a .50 killed a cop, but not with the .50. A "pocket rocket" is a small-framed automatic in a major power caliber. Designed to be easily concealable but effective. Sort of a mouse gun on steroids. The term was coined by one of the manufacturers, but was picked up and broadcast hysterically by the Violence Policy Center, Rep. Rod Blagojevich, and Sen. Chucky Schumer.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:59:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/29/2001 11:55:32 AM EDT by NYshooter]
Originally Posted By Wells: And what is a Pocket Rocket?
View Quote
it's what every male has hanging between his legs
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 12:18:50 PM EDT
I killed a big frickin rock yesterday with an Armalite AR-50. It was about 400 yards away. Does that count? I killed it twice.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 1:08:35 PM EDT
TREETOP, murderer!
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 1:10:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TREETOP: I killed a big frickin rock yesterday with an Armalite AR-50. It was about 400 yards away. Does that count? I killed it twice.
View Quote
Good job. Damn rock.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 2:07:10 PM EDT
SquireSCA: To the best of my knowledge, ZERO have been killed by a civilian .50BMG. Just as not a single COP has ever been shot and killed by a CCW holder legally carrying. Ever.......... MORONS!
View Quote
One more point (that the antis couldn't care less about), EXACTLY ONE US citizen was killed with a mounted bayonet. That was in 1953. She was killed by her husband (a sheriff) with a bayonet mounted on an M-1 carbine. Same old story, marriage on the rocks, bank terrorizing him every day ([u]after he'd declared bankruptcy![/u]), & their only child was killed the week before. He'd returned from Korea a few months before the stabbing, & was more than a little screwed up to start with. Talk about warning signs! I'm sure our LE members (If there's any left) know how long the CLEO would let him keep a firearm these days.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 2:18:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NYshooter:
Originally Posted By Wells: And what is a Pocket Rocket?
View Quote
it's what every male has hanging between his legs
View Quote
The term has been adopted by a certain group of men to denote a readiness to "launch" according to an article on "The Secret Language of Sex."
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 2:43:34 PM EDT
Ask a simple ? or 2 Here and get 10% Good info on ? 90% ON BS that has nothing to do with the ? !!!!!! . I think i will go to some other site to ask ?'s DW Good BY
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 2:50:25 PM EDT
Damn, dude, chill. I thought your question was answered thoroughly. Also, I believe there has been 1 murder since 1937 with a legally own MG and that was by an off duty cop.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 2:51:40 PM EDT
The vast majority of criminals prefer small, concealable, and cheap weapons that don't take much skill to use at close range. Thus they use handguns or the occasional shotgun or rifle. .50 BMGs are virtually impossible to conceal, require skill to use, cost a small fortune, and will make you deaf if you shoot it without major ear protection.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 3:12:55 PM EDT
Wells, you're kidding - right?
Q-Man:,,, and will make you deaf if you shoot it without major ear protection.
View Quote
huh?
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 3:57:58 PM EDT
Treetop. So, killed it twice. BUT, did it stay dead? Hmmmmm????? Sounds like a .50 isn't enough gun for the job to me. What's next? James
Top Top