Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2001 10:43:08 AM EDT
Everyone knows they lie or are just misinformed, but this is just crazy.  I read the article about the Illinois groups fighting againts the 50 BMG and pocket rocket handguns and I couldn't believe this crap.  Read this:

"Our police officers are becoming outgunned by the ever increasing lethality of the firearms that gun companies are pedaling to the public," said Bob Williamson of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence. "We don't need weapons of military warfare, such as the .50 caliber sniper rifle, or weapons of urban warfare, such as the pocket rockets, sold at a gun store near you."

If I am not mistaken I have read a press release by Barret stating that the 50 BMG has never been used to commit any crime.  How can they claim police are being outgunned by them.  Are gang fights occurring at 1000m nowadays? Furthermore how can police be "outgunned" by a "pocket rocket" (I love their cute euphemisms, what happened to Saturday Night Special)?  These people are the reason we need licenses to own in our stupid state.

Jk
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Anti looking at a .50 bmg rifle:
"This gun is too big!"
Anti looking at a .25 purse pistol:
"This gun is too little!"

Always looking for a boogieman, those silly antis.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:08:11 AM EDT
[#2]
A .50 BMG can not be a sniper rifle.  Can you imagine lugging that big ass thing thru 300 yards of dry grass while on your belly?

I know how ya feel man, that's why my tactics have changed from being pro-active to being prepared!!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#3]
They manage to do it, sgt.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They manage to do it, sgt.
View Quote

Yea, but they're not drug induced Gang Bangers!
They're immortal 18-20 year olds.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#5]
how about a "pocket rocket" chambered in .50 BMG?   now that's a pocket rocket!
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I think the antis found out the full phrase for "Saturday night special"

Namely "Saturday night in niggertown".  Has the bad "N" word in it and is un-pc.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#8]
How right you are.  I'm sure they have something to say about a rubber band gun!  Whiney a$$ liberal pot smoking fag loving Volkswagon driving tree hugging Klinton voting country destroying....

OH, sorry.  I got out of hand. [>Q]

Link Posted: 7/30/2001 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#9]
You think that is bad, we are having Mr. Rod Bogovich, or however you spell that SOB's name, run for democrat runner for governor!!  I heard about it today, pissed me off good.  Hell, C-rock is going to become a demorat for this election, to vote for porshard in the primaries.  Can't let that fucker in springfield.  
Anyways, fighting-illini,  I was class of 95.  
c-rock
www.illinois-shooter.org
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#10]
This is a copy of what I sent them, hope they didnt miss the sarcasm.  Feel free to steal my idea.  I love to mock liberals!

Subj: Please send more info.
Date: 7/30/01 8:40:27 PM Central Daylight Time
To: [email protected]

Thank you for the informative article about the .50 caliber and pocket rocket guns.  They sounded so interesting that I need to get one now!  Please advise me where I can get the 50 cal. Two important things however, I am only willing to spend 2500.00 and all laws must be complied with.  The Pocket rocket sounds fascinating, but I don't know what it is or where I can get one.  Please send more info about it.  Isn't this a great country, where civilians are allowed to own such hardware?  I am so glad to live here.

Thanks again, Keep up the good work!            
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top