Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Question for you fella's that plow and skid with your quad...why didn't you just buy a used 4x4 tractor? Thats what they are made for. Not a flame, just wondering what influenced your decision.
I needed a plow/skid/harrow/bushhog/dig/pull/push machine and seriously considered a large quad, but when I saw I could get a used 4x4 tractor for the same money, it was no contest.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Question for you fella's that plow and skid with your quad...why didn't you just buy a used 4x4 tractor? Thats what they are made for. Not a flame, just wondering what influenced your decision.

Or used Jeep Wrangler...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought the 4 wheeler for the fun factor as well. There are hundreds upon hundreds of acres where I  where I live, that all of my neighbors ride. I am the only sap in my neigborhood (until tomorrow) that does not have a quad. It will pull double duty....Snow plow in the winter months, and trail riding fun, when ever
Plus you can't have as much fun on a tractor

Sean
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:55:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sean

depends on what you call fun! Take note....chicks really dig tractors!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I needed a plow/skid/harrow/bushhog/dig/pull/push machine and seriously considered a large quad, but when I saw I could get a used 4x4 tractor for the same money, it was no contest.

Because I would have no use for the tractor other than clearing snow.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sean

That reminds me of a Seinfeld episode...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Best I have for right now! Stolen from Suzuki cycles USA.

The bike runs great. Took it out for a 2 hour trail ride today....FUN

Sean
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Here is mine after its 1st bath

and here is my buddies, hiding out in my garage for a while

Sean

I need some input on tire selection. I already sliced my sidewall The area around my house has a ton of "ROCK" covered trails, like pumpkin sized rocks. Any suggestion on a good all around tire that has a heavy duty sidewall?

Thanks again,
Sean
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Yamaha Grizzly 660...

Yes get a winch also...

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice Bike
I got a winch and a plow.
I really wish I had gotten a bigger bike at first, but after some of the trails I went on last weekend, I am glad I got the 500. It is big and powerfull enough to conquer big hills, but is nimble enough to keep a rapid pace on the trails. Some of the trails here are tight....
We are going out tomorrow, hopefully my tire will hold up?????

Sean
Edited to add....You need to get that thing dirty
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Nice Bike
I got a winch and a plow.
I really wish I had gotten a bigger bike at first, but after some of the trails I went on last weekend, I am glad I got the 500. It is big and powerfull enough to conquer big hills, but is nimble enough to keep a rapid pace on the trails. Some of the trails here are tight....
We are going out tomorrow, hopefully my tire will hold up?????

Sean
Edited to add....You need to get that thing dirty

Thats when I bought it last October, it was new.

Yes it has been dirty, sunk in the river, rescued, hung up on a tree on steep slope in the woods, busted through walls of heavy brush, hauled out a deer this year, winched out a couple other ATVs as well as a tree I was cutting down that got hung up....

All in 64 miles on it  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Get a Jeep.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Why do u say stay away from polaris???  

there just as good as any other make out there. Even better then some.
What experiances have you had with them???  

Stay away from Polaris.  Horrible machines.  Honda is ten times the maching polaris is.  Had one die on me in the woods because I was being "too hard" on it I guess.  Not to mention they stand so high...which makes it too easy to flip.  I wll buy nothing but Honda.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#14]
My added "Bling"

Sean

Pre "Bling"

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Here they are

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#16]
This is my choice........

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#17]
HONDA

Gotta Rubicon and sold friends on them- not one regrets it.

Nasty mud- no problem
Water to the top of the engine-no problem
Always starts, always runs smooth, ZERO repairs or problems in in five years.
Have pulled stuck Jeeps out with it.

Can't say enough good about them and don't know a single bad thing to remark about.

Almost bought the foreman but bought the Rubicon for about 400 more- no brainer.

Foreman would be plenty for anybody though.

Bill D
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#18]
While hondas tend to be the most reliable.....

You have to understand that the reason honda doesn't have a belt trans is mostly because Honda bashed all the other makes for YEARS. trying to convince buyers that a manual trans was the way to go... after a while honda saw the writing on the wall because so many people were buying automatics that they had to come up with somthing to compete and that somthing couldnt be a belt trans.

Also Honda untill very recently with the rincon has lagged way behind as far as innovation and features on a utility quad.
Honda utility ATVs are typicly way behind the competition on
ground clearance
suspension traval
power
rack capacity
brakes
and until recently an IRS option
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#19]
1400 feet? Dude, you need a plow truck! Mine's 800 and I couldn't imagine plowing it with an ATV.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
1400 feet? Dude, you need a plow truck! Mine's 800 and I couldn't imagine plowing it with an ATV.

LOL....Actually we had a foot of snow 2 weeks ago, and the Suzuki did great. It was a pretty Dry/Fluffy snow and it had no problems at all If the snow was wet and heavy, it may have been a chore!

Sean
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#21]
HONDA!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#22]

My son has the HONDA FOREMAN TRX 500 . That beast is nearly unstoppable . He added some
Mud Lite's ( tires ) with a really agressive tractor type tread pattern .  He usually ends up pulling his friends out of the mud .  

About six grand delivered , I think .
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top