Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2001 4:25:15 PM EDT
Does anybody here have any info on the Armalite AR30? It looks like it would make a damn fine sniper rifle, but there's just not a whole lot of info available on it that I can find. Does anybody know the scoop on it?
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Biding my time; saving my $.

Eddie
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Try the Armalite website, Although the article on the AR30 says that it is a prototype the article was dated 2000, So it may be on the market now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I've checked the Armalite website with little results...I saw an ad in GW/LE that had better/ more current information. If I remember correctly, it is now being offered in .243, .300 Win. Mag., .308, and .338 Lapua.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell with the 30, I want an AR-50![:D]

[img]http://weareguns.com/new50.jpg[/img]

"ARMALITE AR-50
Our newest rifle is intended to provide an economical, accurate rifle
for shooters interested in the challenges of long range shooting. The
ArmaLite AR-50 is an innovative, single shot bolt action rifle bearing a
unique  octagonal receiver bedded into an aluminum stock. It is equipped
with a modified M16 type vertical pistol grip and a removable buttstock
for ease of transport.

$2,500 + $45 shipping

MODEL: AR - 50
CALIBER: .50BMG
RECEIVER FORM:MODIFIED OCTAGONAL FORM, DRILLED AND
                              SLOTTED FOR SCOPE RAIL
BOLT: TRIPLE FRONT LOCKING LUG
EXTRACTOR:  SAKO TYPE
EJECTOR: SPRING LOADED PLUNGER, AUTOMATIC EJECTION
TRIGGER: SINGLE STAGE
BARREL: 31" TAPERED, 8 GROOVE RH 1:15 INCH TWIST
MUZZLE DEVICE: CYLINDRICAL MULTIFLUTE RECOIL CHECK
STOCK: 3 SECTION: EXTRUDED FOREND, MACHINED GRIP
              FRAME WITH M16 TYPE GRIP AND MACHINED
              REMOVABLE BUTTSTOCK
BUTTPLATE: PACHMAYR
FINISH: MAGNESIUM PHOSPHATED STEEL,
             HARD ANODIZED ALUMINUM
OVERALL LENGTH: 59 INCHES
WEIGHT: 34 POUNDS
COMPLETE WITH: OWNERS MANUAL
                                LIFETIME WARRANTY
                                Aspirin
                                Ear plugs
ACCESSORIES: ........."
 [url]http://weareguns.com/armar50.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've checked the Armalite website with little results...I saw an ad in GW/LE that had better/ more current information. If I remember correctly, it is now being offered in .243, .300 Win. Mag., .308, and .338 Lapua.
View Quote
It is not in production yet.  The .338 Lapua is one of the first calibers that will be produced.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hell with the 30, I want an AR-50![:D]
View Quote

1, If you are looking I know of one here local used very little - less bipod and scope for about $2,000. I thought about picking it up but I just can't seem to find the extra funds right now. It truly is a beast! I picked it up and fell in love with it. The dealer has it sitting on its side on a glass case and it started to pop the glass we got to it just before it shattered. That pup is a hefty one.

E-mail me if interested.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#7]
While doing the infoseek thing, does anyone know anything about the Kel-Tec sub rifle series? Just thought I'd ask.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I was with the Armalite guys today at a range in Mesa, and I got to shoot an AR-50 a couple of times.
I was amazed at how little (NONE!!) recoil there was, and how it wasn't as loud when I was shooting it as when I was standing to the side. Their Muzzle Brake is one of the most effective that I've ever experienced on a .50BMG.

I think I need one.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't believe subject rifle is shipping as yet.
Also believe first calibers available will be in .243 and .308.  Later a slightly "beefier" version will be offered in .300WinMag and .338 Laupa.
Pegasus would have this answer.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Don't believe subject rifle is shipping as yet.
Also believe first calibers available will be in .243 and .308.  Later a slightly "beefier" version will be offered in .300WinMag and .338 Laupa.
Pegasus would have this answer.
View Quote
ArmaLite told me that .338 Lapua will be among the initial calibers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top