BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would seriously sell off a few of my rifles for a Sig550...o man..I WANT ONEEEEE

No joke.

The EE will be a hot place to be picking up ARs, AKs, and FALs once these hit the shores.
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Dear Santa,

Please  bring me the following toys:

I'll be really good. I promise.

Buckaroo.
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I feel an online petition coming on  

Give me a few days to draft something up, when we get enough signatures we can send it to Sigarms  

I would cancel my PS90 order right now if I knew for sure that Sig would be making a 550 or 551. If it was made of a polymer receiver then they can forget it ! Give me a steel receiver or go home !

All they have to do is convince Swissarms to make some dies for them.... Sigarms stamps the receivers here in the US. Swiss arms exports lower receivers, barrels,), etc.. to the US and Sigarms makes US compliant parts like the pistol grip, folder, piston, muzzle device, and maybe bolt carrier.... then they get assembled here by Sigarms and we are all happy  

I don't care if the Swiss hate Americans because of our gun laws... they should at least be willing to work with Sigarms to make this happen.

If Canada can get them then so should we damnit !!!

One more thing :  NO FUCKING AR15 MAGAZINE CONVERSIONS... if we want to use AR15 mags then we will buy an AR15, same goes for you AUG advocates !!!

Link Posted: 10/28/2005 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]

I want one too!!!
Where's the bandwagon!!!???
I want a ride!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Savin da pennies for the Full size!!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#7]
If they are only $1,500 a pop, I'm in for at least ten.
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Forget the Aug, crappy trigger in SA and the P90 is a toy, with 35 cent ammo.   Bring on the SIG 551 Please.....  I'd take 2 if they are under $2000 each.  And I dont want to hear about how many ARs you can get for that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Forget the Aug, crappy trigger in SA and the P90 is a toy, with 35 cent ammo.   Bring on the SIG 551 Please.....  I'd take 2 if they are under $2000 each.  And I dont want to hear about how many ARs you can get for that.

If they are less tha 2K i'd pick one up too
might even sell the AR70 if nessary to fund it
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 1:43:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I feel an online petition coming on  

One more thing :  NO FUCKING AR15 MAGAZINE CONVERSIONS... if we want to use AR15 mags then we will buy an AR15, same goes for you AUG advocates !!!

Speak for yourself.  Id rather spend $1500 on guns than duplicating all the perfectly good mags I already own.   Same mag/ same ammo = interchangeability for when the SHTF.  THINK next time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 1:47:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If they are less tha 2K i'd pick one up too
might even sell the AR70 if nessary to fund it

More like $3K for the SIG.  The Aug should be close to $2K, and I hear thats with the optic.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 2:50:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Sign me up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 3:39:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll remain cautiously optimistic.  I hope they will be under $2k.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 4:01:48 AM EDT
[#14]
If I had a choice, I would have brought an Aug or a SIG over an AR-15 manyyears ago.

Now-  I have too much damned money invested in AR's, spare parts, etc...

I'm sticking to AR's,  purely due to the amount of dough I'd lose switching over.

Link Posted: 10/29/2005 4:27:42 AM EDT
[#15]
If these are somewhere around 1,500-1,800 and if they happen, I am all over one..........even if I have to sell something to get it!
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 5:13:10 AM EDT
[#16]
~$2,000 and I'm in; if they have a 3,000 or higher price tag they better be made on Swiss machinery, with metal recievers, by cranky old Swiss craftsmen imported into the U.S.  I'm willing to pay for quality, but I want it to actually BE quality.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2005 5:35:53 AM EDT
[#17]
I agree it's cool looking and rare in the US but besides that why is this such a perennial object of desire on Arfcom?

Maybe if it used USGI 20/30rd mags I'd be more interested. But this thing will likely cost upards of $5000 if it ever sees the light of day in the states. I predict that the pent-up demand will drop quickly once cold reality sets in.

Wasn't the  'sniper' version $10,000 or something when it was being imported?!

Not trying to be a downer but for another 5.56 rifle I just don't see the point. Help me see the light.

Link Posted: 10/29/2005 6:09:59 AM EDT
[#18]
isn't that the gun al paccino used in......oh nevermind
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 6:14:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
isn't that the gun al paccino used in......oh nevermind

Pay attention.  I already said it. lol
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 6:54:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Honest question-what makes these guns so desirable?

Theyare very nice, very well built, very few of them were ever imported into the US, they work, and the triggers are fucking awsome.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 6:55:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted: H&K Don't you also have a factory in the USA!!!!!

No, not built yet.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 6:55:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I agree it's cool looking and rare in the US but besides that why is this such a perennial object of desire on Arfcom?

Maybe if it used USGI 20/30rd mags I'd be more interested. But this thing will likely cost upards of $5000 if it ever sees the light of day in the states. I predict that the pent-up demand will drop quickly once cold reality sets in.

Wasn't the  'sniper' version $10,000 or something when it was being imported?!

Not trying to be a downer but for another 5.56 rifle I just don't see the point. Help me see the light.

I think they run about $5000 now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#23]
I cannot believe anyone would want this to use AR mags. If you want something that uses AR mags: BUY A DAMN AR!

People that want  the AUG/FN/SIG rifles want them built as they are suppossed to be. Without any Franken-Shit added to it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I want one too!!!
Where's the bandwagon!!!???
I want a ride!!!

I'm on board the crazy train with this one too!
OT. Extra hours. Working on weekends. New larger safe.

wganz

Link Posted: 10/29/2005 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I cannot believe anyone would want this to use AR mags. If you want something that uses AR mags: BUY A DAMN AR!

People that want  the AUG/FN/SIG rifles want them built as they are suppossed to be. Without any Franken-Shit added to it.

+1
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Illegal in California....

ehhhhh, who needs 'em?

sob
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

No one said they have to be franken guns, just than they can be adapted to take the most plentiful mag today.  Do you guys realize the mags for these guns are ~$50 each.  There is no secondary market.  Its like buying all your mags from Colt/HK.    There are no $11 Aug/ 550 mags.  If you want 30 mags (a reasonable stockpile) its gonna cost you $1500 just for that one rifle.  If you get both in this thread (as is our custom), you are looking at  $3K just for mags!  Id rather spend my $3K and get a Sig 552, and have interchangeability with ALL the .556 rifle's I own.  

For the guys that dont want to, they can still buy the rifle in original condition.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#28]
The weapon was designed to function with a particular magazine design.  To alter this will potentially affect reliable function.  I would also guess that prices would drop some if the weapon becomes available here as the supply increase.  There is also the potential that other manufacturers will produce the magazines once there is a market for them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Nice looking rifles...but still just a fancy AK to me
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

No one said they have to be franken guns, just than they can be adapted to take the most plentiful mag today.  Do you guys realize the mags for these guns are ~$50 each.  There is no secondary market.  Its like buying all your mags from Colt/HK.    There are no $11 Aug/ 550 mags.  If you want 30 mags (a reasonable stockpile) its gonna cost you $1500 just for that one rifle.  If you get both in this thread (as is our custom), you are looking at  $3K just for mags!  Id rather spend my $3K and get a Sig 552, and have interchangeability with ALL the .556 rifle's I own.  

For the guys that dont want to, they can still buy the rifle in original condition.  

The aftermarket will catch up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The weapon was designed to function with a particular magazine design.  To alter this will potentially affect reliable function.  I would also guess that prices would drop some if the weapon becomes available here as the supply increase.  There is also the potential that other manufacturers will produce the magazines once there is a market for them.

Have you seen the Aug conversion stock ?  It is made by Styer.  They do not put out crap, it is completely reliable.  The Aug doesnt even know it isnt useing the original mags.  For those that dont trust it, they dont have to use it.  No, the mag prices arent going to go down.  You pay for Swiss quality, they dont do anything discount.

Do dont trust the conversion stock made by the manufacturer, made of the same materials on the same machines; but youd trust an aftermarket mag, made of different materials, on lesser machines.  Now thats risky IYAM.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#32]
If you have $3200 burning a hole in your pocket and you must have something made in Switzerland right now, click Here
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I am so buying one as soon as they ar e available.

If they are as good as my SIG pistols have been I will be tickled pink !!!!

LB
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
shit, thats a nice looking rifle

It is the best assault rifle on the planet.  I held one two months ago.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow....another rifle to challenge the No. 1 position of my SHRIKE.....
I'll stick with my ARs.......
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

You are totally right.  The 55x series was handed down from the heavens and should never be adapted to meet new requirements because things that adapt are destined to die out.

Its like a monkey fucking a football in here sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
sigarms is working hard to make them available.

swissarms is being stingy about it and doesn't want to sell them

SIG says the earliest they will be available if a way is found to produce them, is 2007.

Keep in mind, Sigarms in the US WANTS to sell them. they're aware of the demand.

I got this information from Sigarms. so there's no doubt about it.

I'll believe it when I see one at either of my two favorite local gun store. Otherwise it's internet rumor and wishful thinking.

Doesn't mean I don't want one or wouldn't shell out $1,500 or so to have one. Hopefully a boatload of spare mags comes over on the same boat.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are totally right.  The 55x series was handed down from the heavens and should never be adapted to meet new requirements because things that adapt are destined to die out.

Its like a monkey fucking a football in here sometimes.

What makes you think the heavens revolve around AR mags???

Link Posted: 10/29/2005 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#39]
If these come out... I will have a ginormous gun boner for a long time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Goddamn it... another reason to move.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#41]
The flimsy POS magazine is the weak link in the AR15/M16 rifle system.

Why anyone would want to corrupt a perfectly good rifle like the SIG 550 with it is utterly beyond me.

Link Posted: 10/29/2005 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Maybe some folks should wait until there is an official release from Sigarms before they get all excited.

A post on the world-wide interweb does not constitute 'the official word'.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Why anyone would want to corrupt a perfectly good rifle like the SIG 550 with it is utterly beyond me.

I like polymer mags.  They are cheap yet more durable than aluminum.  Whatever the SIG would come with, it needs to fit in regular pouches.

How about a SIG 551-P in 6.8?
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Exactly.
Given my overwhelmingly positive experiences with the English steel mags, I don't know why they aren't received better by many.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
There is also the potential that other manufacturers will produce the magazines once there is a market for them.

Like ProMag
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

No shit !

It's like some of you would go out and buy an expensive SUV and bitch about the price of gas  

This is NOT an AR15, it is a Sig 55X that we are talking about. Read the thread title you whiny bitches !

I don't have a single issue with you fellas wanting to use your AR mags in a domestic Sig gun... I am just trying
to get you to focus on getting the gun into production.

Don't go around on every gun board whining  " I wont buy one if it doesn't take AR mags or has an uberARmagadaptor "
Get over it !  Swissarms doesn't want it to be made here anyway, so what makes you think that they will start making a fucking AR mag adaptor for it ???

Let's get the damn thing built first, then all of you whiny people can beg Sigarms or another company to make you an AR mag adaptor  
Oh, and while you're at it, why don't you try to get the Russians to make the AK 101 accept AR mags because we all know how "unreliable" AKs and their magazines are  

I mean come on... If you are willing to shell out 1500-2000 bucks for a gun then you should be able to afford keep your damn mouth shut about the cost of magazines !  Oh and killswitch... you have some strange logic going on. 1500 bucks for Sig magazines... that is 30 magazines. I doubt that most people would buy 30 mags at the time of the purchase of a new gun...  Think about how much money you spend over the years on guns, parts, accessories, ammuntion, etc....  1500 bucks on magazines is not very much at all when spread across 5 years or more

Besides, there are many presicion/DAMN reliable guns on the market that are designed AROUND a particular magazine... so I think you guys should give the AR mag issue a rest,for now, until we can get the gun made here. Our main goal should be to support Sigarms and call/write them and let them know that we really want this to happen.

Link Posted: 10/29/2005 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Here are a couple from our shoot last March:

The shooters are two of our moderators.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like polymer mags.  They are cheap yet more durable than aluminum.  Whatever the SIG would come with, it needs to fit in regular pouches.

How about a SIG 551-P in 6.8?

Now you're talking!
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Couple of questions:

1. There is going to be a civilian AUG for sale in the US?
2. Does the SIG 550 series weigh more or less than your typical AR?
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#50]
I want this big bastard:

Sig 510
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top