Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2001 12:49:18 PM EDT
Thinking about buying NIW Center mags. They appear legit with pre ban date. Are they reliable with the black follower???
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
They're $24 by the way.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Roberts,
They are reliable with the black but some prefer the green. You can always change them later. $24 is a pretty good price. Sometimes I see them for $20-22 but most of the time it is $30-35. My advice is buy them![:D]
Lynn
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I bought a couple. Am I ever going to be able to stop buying mags??!! I don't have many but I can't stop! Especially when a NIW appears.  I need to block myself from the Exchange forum.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#5]
ROBERTS,
NO! You will not be able to stop buying mags! You can always sale some later...Personally I don't think I could ever part with any of my "babies".
Lynn
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Black followers work great in my AR. The damn thing must be color blind!
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thinking about buying NIW Center mags. They appear legit with pre ban date. Are they reliable with the black follower???
View Quote

No, they are totally unreliable, they swell out when you load more that 10 rds in them and then won't fit in the Mag well. They are totally garbage.

P.S. could you e-mail me the address, so I can get them off the market [:D]
Link Posted: 2/23/2001 2:06:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Kens needs to check his shot group. I have a Bushy, (notorious for tight mag wells), and own several NIW Center mags with black followers. No problems.

Kens, if your mags are bulging I have to wonder about your spring tension. Stock springs AND followers/floorplates? One Center or ALL your Centers? Have your mags been anodized or refinished,(loss of temper)? I am never too old too learn.
Link Posted: 2/23/2001 3:48:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am never too old too learn.
View Quote

Well then, notice that the junk claim is followed by a request for the address of the seller and a big smiley. Kens was having a little joke. He thinks Centers w/ black followers NIW for $24 are a good deal.
Link Posted: 2/23/2001 4:44:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey Offline...I think kens was just joking around!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2001 5:06:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I haven't been able to quit buying mags.  A couple of month's ago I came across 5 almost new GI mags for $15 each.  Did I need more...no...could I pass up that deal....no....have I even used those mags....no....will I use them....eventually....will I do it again.....YES[:D]
Link Posted: 2/23/2001 6:07:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I put all my mags in plastic bags last night. Now they won't get scratched. [:)]
Link Posted: 2/23/2001 6:25:19 AM EDT
[#13]
This post was from last week when I ended up buying a couple. I just got back from Pay Pal a couple of minutes ago and had to break down and buy a 20 this time. I just promised myself I won't go into the Magazines for Sale forum for a lomg time.  So when is that meeting dnra??
[;)]
Link Posted: 2/23/2001 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#14]
ammoman.com had them for $27 but I don't know if they had green or black followers or if he said.  He still has some used (about 200) for sale.  USGI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top