Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2001 7:49:06 PM EDT
Does anyone own one of these?
I want to purchase a pistol, was thinking about the HS2000, but the dealer said it was a POS.
Eric
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I own several Rugers...not the p97 (sorry), but I highly recommend one  I have been more than happy with mine. You can't beat the value and reliability.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one. Great pistol for the money. Very accurate and reliable. Simple to take down and reassemble. Trigger could be better. Lots of slack to take up. Factory grips are slippery. I bought a Hogue slip on grip that works fantastic. Fills up the hand nicely, and soaks up some of the recoil. I recommend it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Beerslayer, I know the HS has been getting good reviews, just relaying what the dealer told me.
BTW SOG has them for $230.00 this week.

Does anyone know if the P97 is 45 ACP+p rated?
There has to be more guys out there that own this pistol.
TIA
Eric
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Beerslayer, I know the HS has been getting good reviews, just relaying what the dealer told me.
BTW SOG has them for $230.00 this week.

Does anyone know if the P97 is 45 ACP+p rated?
There has to be more guys out there that own this pistol.
TIA
Eric
View Quote
Yes, it is +P rated.  Have fired +P in my P97 for some time now.  I have a P90 as well and fire +P in it as well.  More bang for the $$$ with the Rugers.  I have several and some Sigs as well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
ctrmass, what area are you in?
[i]I've got a couple P-95s, & P-97s FS - CHEAP![/i]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 4:58:34 AM EDT
[#7]
is $310 an ok price for a p97,co-worker has one he bought new and it has 250 rounds through it.
wants to sell it but i have been hesitant because of the whole gun-controll ruger scenario.
looks to be a good weapon.
boxer
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:07:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't own a p97 , but I do own a p94 in .40, it is ok I guess.  I use it for ccw and while in the woods working but it is heavy and bulky.  The trigger also sucks but it goes bang everytime I pull the trigger and it was cheap.  One of these days I am going to get a high-grade pistol (HK, SIG, Kimber ect.)and leave the ruger for woods work.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#9]
1, how cheap? I'm in Jersey, but I have family in Maine and Maryland. Maybe I'd buy a few?[:d]
Boxer, I saw an ad in shotgun news that has the 97 DC for $290.00 brand new. If you could avoid the paper, I'd buy it for $310.00 anyday. You'd be over that with the FFL charges anyway. As long as it really DOES have only 250 rounds through it. (I dont look at worn out beat up junk)
I'm still partial the the ol 45ACP. I think I'll be getting one.
Thanks for all for the replys.
Eric
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#10]
ctrmass: 1, how cheap? I'm in Jersey, but I have family in Maine and Maryland.
View Quote

It was just a shot in the dark, in case you lived in Illinois, or Indiana.
After shipping, & the FFL's transfer fee it wouldn't be much cheaper.

I've got four FS,  2 - 9s  &  2 - 45s, -
one NIB P-97, one NIB P-95 [b]sold[/b]
one LNIB P-95 (Fired 15 times, 35 Hydra-Shoks are still in the box).
one ~85/90% P-97 (LEO's gun - carried a lot but not shot much, it's 100% reliable).[b]sold[/b]

[i]Cripes, I didn't mean to start an auction here!
I just turned the PC on, & got knocked over by e-mails.[/i]

Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
is $310 an ok price for a p97,co-worker has one he bought new and it has 250 rounds through it.
wants to sell it but i have been hesitant because of the whole gun-controll ruger scenario.
looks to be a good weapon.
boxer
View Quote
That's a good price for a good pistol.  As for the gun control/Ruger thing, Bill Ruger years ago tried to compromise to head a mag capacity law, but to no avail.  I understand that he has learned that compromise with the fanatics is to no avail and has contributed a lot of money to pro-Second Amendment organizations.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I have several Rugers, but none of the P series. I shot one and it was bulky and the trigger was way too light for a defensive arm. It was too easy to accidently fire it.
Give me my 1911.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have several Rugers, but none of the P series. I shot one and it was bulky and the trigger was way too light for a defensive arm. It was too easy to accidently fire it.
Give me my 1911.
View Quote
I have several P series and light is not a word I would use to describe the trigger.  The 1911's are 2 and 3 times the price of the P series, if you want a decent one instead of a Norinco, etc.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#14]
CDNN has the Steyr M series for $369.99. I got that.
It's well over $500.00 locally!!
Eric
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top