Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2001 7:48:52 PM EDT
And another thing:  Is there a stadium in Florida or another state that has a back end open to the water.

I swear I saw a picture of a Jimmy Buffet concert where boats were anchored off the beach watching the show and people were laying in the water.

Its driving me nuts trying to find out if and where that stadium/venue is.

Any ideas?

I grew up with Poplar Creek in the Chicago area but Sears decided to tear that down.  [:(]  The new outdoor venue in Tinley Park has sucked from day one.  Bad sound and bad attitudes abound and around.

Cincinatti has a cool outdoor music theatre.  The people are very friendly.

I am thinking of great venues, not great times you had at the XXXXXX concert.

Hey, one more.  Any body been to Redrock, I think it is.  I have seen pictures of that too.  Looks very cool.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I am biased.
Red Rocks in Morrison Colorado. It is in the foothills and overlooks Denver. If you want to check it out, the U2 video "Sunday Bloody Sunday" was shot there.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine would be Alpine Vally in East Troy WI. Awesome place to go see Buffett. 35,000 screaming drunken parrotheads from age 8 to 80. I think the Photo you are talking about was a non planned show he did in West Palm.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
in the middle of the desert with my truck stereo playing johny cash when im out shooting for the weekend.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:36:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The Gorge Amphitheater near George WA, on the Columbia River.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Aviator,
I know the picture you are talking about.  The one where he jumps off the boat into the water.  That's not the one I am thinking about.  Its a different one.

Alpine Valley was always the other venue to go to when I was growing up, but I never got up there.  Hmmm, I might have to try it for Buffet in 2002, since he is almost done touring for the summer.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And another thing:  Is there a stadium in Florida or another state that has a back end open to the water.

I swear I saw a picture of a Jimmy Buffet concert where boats were anchored off the beach watching the show and people were laying in the water.

Its driving me nuts trying to find out if and where that stadium/venue

Any ideas?

I grew up with Poplar Creek in the Chicago area but Sears decided to tear that down.  [:(]  The new outdoor venue in Tinley Park has sucked from day one.  Bad sound and bad attitudes abound and around.

Cincinatti has a cool outdoor music theatre.  The people are very friendly.

I am thinking of great venues, not great times you had at the XXXXXX concert.

Hey, one more.  Any body been to Redrock, I think it is.  I have seen pictures of that too.  Looks very cool.
View Quote

Jones Beach Theater in New York you can pull up with a boat but you only see the back of the stage. You can here the music perfectly though. I know Jimmy Buffet plays there alot.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Nissan Pavillion, Manassas VA.

Ok I'm biased cause my dad built all the rails there, and my uncle and a couple of cousins did all of the field erection.

Va Beach Ampitheatre is nice too.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am going to Lynyrd Skynyrd and Ted Nugent at the Pavilion on september 7th. I have the ticked in my hand.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:01:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Gorge Amphitheater near George WA, on the Columbia River.  
View Quote

Well there ya go!
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 4:40:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I am going to Lynyrd Skynyrd and Ted Nugent at the Pavilion on september 7th. I have the ticked in my hand.
View Quote

ahem [;)]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

ahem [;)]
View Quote

Does this mean we are going to have a AR15.com gathering at the Nuge concert???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top