Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2001 3:29:13 PM EDT
Anyone own/have owned, please tell me good or bad about it.........thanks.....[:)]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Get it apart yet? I have had dozens of the P-85,89,90 types. They all varied in quality, accuracy and finish. You will know when you light it off.
View Quote
                                        Have a p90.....my first centerfire pistol.....not as accurate as the gold cup, but certainly very reliable....it has had hundreds of rounds without a failure (other than ammo related)...i was thinking on a poly frame 9 that i could shoot the hell out of (under 300) and was looking for some feedback.....got it apart?....as far as the P90, yes, MANY TIMES.....[:)]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Hav`nt researched it yet...saw it in the EXPENSIVE store, and thought it was way too much....thinking on a cz pcr....the ruger idea was based on past experience, but honestly, i hav`nt bought a ruger in about 8 years, so i did not know if they`re quality was decent or not....i know a LOT of people who own glocks or use them as a duty weapon and only hear good things about them, but my idea was as i stated, shoot the hell out of it. almost bought a highpower last year....not really a 9mm person but let`s be honest..cheap to shoot, and can carry if need be....so the ccw may enter in yes....thanks for your input...i will look at the h/s.....isn`t it a take off of the all american from years past/ saw one of those a couple months back also.....parts have to be a bitch.....this is also a area where glock is desireable.....thing is (no offense) i`m not about to spend $500 on a nine.........[:)]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a P-95.  It was the first automatic pistol I ever bought.  It is EXTREMELY reliable and will eat all ammo.  I made some reloads that I neglected to size all the way down the case.  I had to beat one out of my Glock, which how I realized I had sized them improperly.  The P-95 ate 'em up like they were factory.

I would not rate the p-95 high for concealability, it is pretty wide, but it was made to take 15 round mags.  I have two USA high caps for it and they feed excellent!  Not ever a problem.  One even takes 16 rounds!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I love mine, originally bought it because it was what I could afford, intended to buy a sig later.  After 2500 rds or so without a failure, it has become my favorite weapon when I carry.  Double action pull is heavy but smooth, and single action is light with quite a bit of take up.  I have no problem keeping 1.5" groups at 15 yards.  Since it takes the same mags as all other Ruger 9mm, they are reasonably priced and not to hard to find.  Also built like a tank and I don't think a steady diet of cor-bons would ever hurt it.  In short I don't see any need for a sig now, at least in 9mm.  Also nice to be able to pick up a .45 cal p-97 and use the same holsters.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Great gun, I got two and shoot them the most of anything I have. High-cap are out there and a great idea. Get one you'll love it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#9]
i've had my p95 for 2 years and 1500 rounds. the only problem was 1 stovepipe while shooting reloads.  my only concern was that it has no steel on the slide rails(excessive wear?)  Are all polymer frame pistols like that?
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 3:21:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys, for your input....if it is like the p90, it will be good......you told me what i needed.................[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top