Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2001 8:28:41 AM EDT
[SIZE=3][BOLD]IN THE REAL WORLD[/BOLD][SIZE=3]

US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT/ ANNA MULINE
"SCIENCE SAYS THEY ARE, AND SOCIETY IS BEGINNING TO TRY TO DEAL WITH THE SPECIAL NEEDS
OF BOYS, AT HOME AND AT SCHOOL."
GIRLS HAVE SMALLER BRAINS THAN BOYS BUT MORE
GREY MATTER.
GIRLS UTTER FIRST WORDS EARLIER, STRING TOGETHER COMPLETE SENTENCES FIRST, AND GENERALLY SURPASS BOYS IN TESTS THAT INVOLVE VERBAL FLUENCY.
GIRLS ARE EASIER TO TEACH THAN BOYS.
GIRLS HAVE A MORE HIGHLY DEVELOPED EMOTIONAL
CENTER IN THE BRAIN. BOYS HAVE AN EMOTIONAL CENTER MORE A KIN TO A REPTILE.
BOYS NEED TO BE ENTERED INTO KINDERGARDEN A YEAR
LATER THAN GIRLS."
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#1]
all your boys are belong to us
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#2]
"girls" invented the airplane... NOT
"girls" invented the telephone...NOT
"girls" invented the electric light bulb...NOT
"girls" invented the automobile...NOT

I could go on, but you get the idea.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#3]
GIRLS UTTER FIRST WORDS EARLIER, STRING TOGETHER COMPLETE SENTENCES FIRST, AND GENERALLY SURPASS BOYS IN TESTS THAT INVOLVE VERBAL FLUENCY.

And as they get older it become increasingly difficult to get them to shut up. Ask them what they said five minutes ago and they either can't remember or tell you something completely different.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"girls" invented the airplane... NOT
"girls" invented the telephone...NOT
"girls" invented the electric light bulb...NOT
"girls" invented the automobile...NOT

I could go on, but you get the idea.
View Quote

uhh I hate to get all inappropriately feminist here, but those are fairly old inventions. You think it might have to do anything with the fact women were not allowed to study or pushed away from mechanical/electrical things like that by big strong smart men who knew better? Doesn't mean they have less intelligence if they weren't allowed to use it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#5]
In the words of Tim Allen:

"Too bad we own everything!"
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#6]
It is true.
"girls" invented pussy whipped
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Neither sex is "smarter" than the other. There are a lot of dumber than shit people on both sides of the fence to be sure. Anyone trying to point out one sex is smarter than the other has some seriously flawed research at hand. Dumbasses.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know if Women are Superior in any ways to Men, but I do know my Wife is a little bit Psychic and I'm a little bit Psycho...

[img]http://a1964.g.akamai.net/7/1964/1392/1dcf6501c8f9fa/images.ucomics.com/comics/mb/2001/mb010519.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#9]
"uhh I hate to get all inappropriately feminist here, but those are fairly old inventions."

uuh... OK...  How many female Nobel Prize winners in the sciences are there?  Which gender is in the majority?

How many female National Spelling Bee winners are there?  Which gender is in the majority?

"Anyone trying to point out one sex is smarter than the other has some seriously flawed research at hand."

Exactly correct.  This is also the "seriously flawed" logic being used to get females into combat roles in the military.  Some POW camp in the future will be very interesting indeed when all the Flyer Janes fall out of the sky over enemy territory.  Someone will thank Budda/Allah/Mao they got camp guard duty...[;D]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#10]
platform389, did you get beat up by the girls on the playground in elementary school?

where is all this anti-woman hysteria coming from?  gotta put down the "other" side to make yourself feel better?  i understand your bitterness at the people who propogate this crap.  but your anger is misdirected.  it isn't the whole female population that is pushing this kind of crap.  it's a few "researchers," of both genders.  direct your anger toward them.

by the way, the "researchers" who provided this information/statics to U.S. News and World Report have been ridiculed for this "study".  but you won't hear that on the mainstream media.  turns out that the two main authors of the study that inspired this article cannot produce their raw data for 3rd party verification because A) they've "lost" it or B) it got destroyed.  convenient huh?

so how much weight do you actually give to this article now that you know the facts?  and it makes your outburst seem a little misplaced, and well, childish.  not a flame, but talk about making mountains out of mole hills.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#11]
IS THERE A POINT TO ALL OF THIS CRAP HANGFIRE IS POSTING??????  

WHY AM I TYPING IN ALL CAPITALS????  IT MUST BE CONTAGIOUS!

SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET A LIFE OTHER THAN HIS COMPUTER!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

i can think of two possibilites.

1) there's a plethora of crap research out there with a decidely feminazi leaning.  he's doing his best to bring it to our attention.

2) he's baiting the female members of the board with little luck.  hence the repeated attempts.

i'm splitting my bet between the two!  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I think guys think more linear, but girls tend to think more intuitivly. Girls have better language skills and boys are better in math and sciences.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#14]
"platform389, did you get beat up by the girls on the playground in elementary school?"

No, I was/am much too large for that sort of thing to happen.

My beef with the above is the way politically correct trash and junk science is being shoved down my throat as truth.  Orwell's 1984 called it exactly right, just slightly late.

I should think your dismay would be directed at Mr Hangfire for the original post, rather than my response.[>:/]It was obviously meant to spark a response like mine.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#15]
i know what/who your beef is with.  i feel the same.  but if you go back up and re-read your posts, it's obvious that you're not addressing the junk science.  you were bashing women for what they haven't accomlished.  as if to justify something.

as far as HANGFIRE's motivations, i really don't know.  what does it matter?  his motivation doesn't justify your response.  the two have nothing to do with each other.  you're responsible for what you post.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#16]
"i really don't know. what does it matter? his motivation doesn't justify your response."

"SCIENCE SAYS THEY ARE, AND SOCIETY IS BEGINNING TO TRY TO DEAL WITH THE SPECIAL NEEDS
OF BOYS, AT HOME AND AT SCHOOL."

My first comment group is in direct response to the above quote.

"uhh I hate to get all inappropriately feminist here, but those are fairly old inventions."

My second comment group, complete with quote, was in direct response to the above statement.  Both of these response dealt directly with the statements made.

Now it is becoming clear you have an ax to grind about this issue.  I will bow out of the discussion topic at this point, since further exchanges will only go over ground already covered.

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#17]
We are experiencing a crisis of the boy next door," says William Pollack, a clinical psychologist at Harvard University and author of Real Boys. Across the country, boys have never been in more trouble: They earn 70 percent of the D's and F's that teachers dole out. They make up two thirds of students labeled "learning disabled." They are the culprits in a whopping 9 of 10 alcohol and drug violations and the suspected perpetrators in 4 out of 5 crimes that end up in juvenile court. They account for 80 percent of high school dropouts and attention deficit disorder diagnoses. And they are less likely to go to college than ever before. By 2007, universities are projected to enroll 9.2 million women to 6.9 million men.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
platform389, did you get beat up by the girls on the playground in elementary school?

where is all this anti-woman hysteria coming from?  gotta put down the "other" side to make yourself feel better?  i understand your bitterness at the people who propogate this crap.  but your anger is misdirected.  it isn't the whole female population that is pushing this kind of crap.  it's a few "researchers," of both genders.  direct your anger toward them.

by the way, the "researchers" who provided this information/statics to U.S. News and World Report have been ridiculed for this "study".  but you won't hear that on the mainstream media.  turns out that the two main authors of the study that inspired this article cannot produce their raw data for 3rd party verification because A) they've "lost" it or B) it got destroyed.  convenient huh?

so how much weight do you actually give to this article now that you know the facts?  and it makes your outburst seem a little misplaced, and well, childish.  not a flame, but talk about making mountains out of mole hills.
View Quote

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm
Somebody is paying attention[smoke]
I think I am hearing Dr. Lauras arguement against this type of research. The "data" for
one researcher was as you say "lost" or "destroyed" the other researcher stated that
her data was "confidental".
Just as the anti-gunners lie, distort, and
produce junk research to support their position
the same thing is being done here in my longtime
favorite magazine. The magazine that Micheal
Barrone and other honest journalists work for.
As far as your bet goes its a push ARLADY.[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is a point to everything I post.

WHY AM I TYPING IN ALL CAPITALS????  IT MUST BE CONTAGIOUS!
View Quote

Monkey see, Monkey dodo

SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET A LIFE OTHER THAN HIS COMPUTER!!!!!!
View Quote

FUCK OFF![smoke]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"platform389, did you get beat up by the girls on the playground in elementary school?"

No, I was/am much too large for that sort of thing to happen.

My beef with the above is the way politically correct trash and junk science is being shoved down my throat as truth.  Orwell's 1984 called it exactly right, just slightly late.

I should think your dismay would be directed at Mr Hangfire for the original post, rather than my response.[>:/]It was obviously meant to spark a response like mine.
View Quote

What in the post "was so obviously meant to
spark a response like" yours?
You had part of the message, "flawed research"
"junk science" then you shit all over yourself and when caught you try to blame me.
Total 0!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#21]
The only thing that matters to me is that I could definitely kick HANGFIRE's ass in a fair fight.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The only thing that matters to me is that I could definitely kick HANGFIRE's ass in a fair fight.
View Quote

Fair fight is an oxymoron you moron.
You must be in your laura croft mood tonight.
Tell your alter ego HKocker I said HI.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:09:07 AM EDT
[#23]
"GIRLS HAVE A MORE HIGHLY DEVELOPED EMOTIONAL
CENTER IN THE BRAIN"

I do not want a HIGHLY DEVELOPED EMOTIONAL CENTER. I enjoy thinking and acting rationally
instead of emotionally.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think I am hearing Dr. Lauras arguement against this type of research.
View Quote

funny you should say that.  she was talking about that very article yesterday (this is now thursday, day after thread posted) and even went on to mention that nowhere in the article was any ink given to those whose research doesn't show that, shows the opposite, or shows that the original study was seriously flawed.

i gotta be honest.  my "anti-man who's anti-woman" meter went off every time i read your thread titles.  and then i read the articles.  after two or three, i no longer even felt a pulse quicken or the b.p. rise.  i like the point you're making.  actually a few of them.  it just takes some reading between the lines to get them.

good job.

and to think we nearly bit each others heads off once.  [:)]

dang, i can't spell tonight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top