Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2001 5:01:52 AM EDT
This shit has gotten way out of hand. First there is thread locking because of stuff that might happen. Now madman Kirk is threatening to delete peoples posts who type in all caps in the equipment exchange. He says its rude. Rude is when I call you a dumb ass whose feelings get hurt too easily. Ive been halfway around the world and back and never seen anyone get their little feelings hurt over a capitalized letter, except maybe my geeky ass English teacher in high school. Give me a fu@%ing break. Unless the moderators can send me a teaching certificate showing they are English teachers I THINK ILL TYPE IN CAPS UNTIL MY CAPS LOCK BREAKS.

RLTW
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:16:03 AM EDT
[#1]
While I understand that typing in all caps is considered SHOUTING, William from the Tannery Shop has allways typed that way. Anyone who has bought from him or seen his posts long enough realizes this. He is a good guy, maybe he can't type. He probably spends his time guiding & building guns rather than taking typing lessons. Give it a rest. When a guy stutters & is good people you don't rag him to take speach therapy.
Scott
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:16:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably next is whoever [b]BOLD's[/b] their topics...  Then whoever uses [red]COLOR[/red]

Then....

[rolleyes]

Lighten up Francis
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:56:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:51:50 AM EDT
[#5]
No GB we CAN'T!!  They would be the actions of a civil & mature adult.  We can't have that here now can we? [;)]

BTW, Y'all are doing a great job with this site.  I wish I was able to purchase a membership now.  After graduation when I get a real job. Thank You!

Edited cause after too many years of higher ed-you-ka-sion I still can't spell.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't usually gripe about all the trash that gets posted on this site and all the ridiculous topics you have to weed through to get to the decent things that I really care about reading.

With that said, I have noticed several post on for sale ad where MMK leaves comments about posts with caps. It's not a big deal, just when I saw it several times it started to look like a policing act when no one but him seems to cares if posts are typed in caps.

I don't do it but I easily could as most of my time here is spent during work hours and an application we use here requires caps...

Getting down off my soapbox...

Edited to retype in LOWER CASE[;D]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:06:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I used to type in all caps because as a hunt and peck person its a hell of a lot easier. Someone asked me VIA E-MAIL to take caps lock off because it hurt their "internet feelings". I have since gotten used to typing like the rest of the demographic world. Since everyone here said I should have e-mailed MMK like an "adult" to take up this issue, maybe he should have done the same instead of screwing up peoples posts where they were trying to sell stuff. I was interested in Tannery's 50 cal upper, but instead Im here ranting about posts being deleted. I think its out of hand. I agree I should have taken this up private with MMK, but since he has failed to do so I see no reason why he should be afforded that courtesy. I love this site and all of the Mods do a good job, including MMK, but enough is enough when it comes to the PC bull s#@t.

RLTW
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I still havent heard why MMK is going to start deleting posts with all caps. He gave a deadline. I wonder if there is a sunset law on this rule. Maybe I'm the only one this bothers.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#9]
ALL YOUR CAPS ARE BELONG TO US !!!!!!!
[x]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Butkus 51:
[x]
View Quote

ROTFLMAO....oops I typed that in caps. I knew someone would find a way to fit that one in, but please dont type it in caps as it hurts my feelings and makes me think you are angry at me...
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:38:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Butkus 51:
[x]
View Quote

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

I just about spit water in my keyboard. [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

Here is the topic in question. [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=39782[/url]

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks bwilder
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#13]
No problem.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#15]
The exchange is a great part of this site. MMK is doing a great job, that i agree with. I think many people (me included) just get shitty once in a while & we vent over basicly nothing. Seems like it goes in cycles. Maybe about every 2 months or so the flames heat up. Then things get all nicey nice for a bit. We're just in that part of the cycle. I was really just the wasy it was tacked onto the guys ad & then mentioned on the next on he posted that was prolly the issue. Thanks.
Scott
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#16]
No one has mentioned one other thing.  Ok, if all capitalized lettering is so bad, and possibly considered pood grammar, what about period spacing?  I see many posts where people do not put two spaces after the end of a sentence.  Regardless of the punctuation used to end a sentence, two spaces it what is called for.  Commas only require one space.  Is there any way we could police poor grammar as well?  All of these technicalities sure make me miss highschool typing and grammar class!!!

[beer]

Dammit!!!! this board does not even recognize dbl spacing in a post!!!  Everything here will always be wrong, ban and lock all posts!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#17]
you cannot use post ban caps here, any cap made nowdays is illegal. i thought you guys knew this already.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 1:59:04 PM EDT
[#19]
ABN-RGR,relax a bit will you.I have not nor will i delete or edit anybody post for using all caps.on the internet posting in all caps is conceder the same as shouting at someone.this many,myself included find as rude behavior.I will request that they don't do it.I for one have watched Tom Bowers and Jay Bell delete posts on their board for doing this.
When I agreed to moderate the EE board. I did so with the Idea that I could be helpful to those who needed it and try to keep the trolls at bay.That was my intention then as it is now.I have never attacked anyone on that forum nor would i ever do so.In fact I've stopped others from doing so,in one case about a company that i personally wouldn't wipe my ass with.to be honest with you, for the last week or so I've been rethinking if I even want to be the EE moderator anymore,as some of you are not worth my time or effort.It's the 99.9% of the people here who are is why I'm willing to do this.I'm sorry if I have hurt anyones feelings along the way.kirk
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#20]
MMK, I would like to start off by saying I respect all the mods and think you all do a great job. That being said, I have never read the Internet protocol book so I wasn't aware that it was rude until people asked me to stop doing it. You did in fact threaten to delete any posts after 30 JUL 01 that were all CAPS. This is what pissed me off worse than anything. I personally find the way you type to be harder than hell to read. You never space between sentences and your spelling is not quite up to par. I dont know if any of these things are listed in the Internet protocol book. I, however, would never dream of responding to one of your posts and degrade the way you type. I understand a friendly reminder that it is "RUDE" to type in caps, but the threat to delete posts was out of hand. Im done venting...back to what we all love...AR's. No hard feelings MMK, but in light of all the recent BS on this site I guess I blew my top. Thanks for the response. I still love the EE forum and think you do a great job.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Many of or advertisers such as Elite and Georgia post in all caps, are you going to delete their posts??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top