BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
On the new vaccine for cervial cancer, its not the golden bullet that the lay public think its going to be.  There are several different subtypes of HPV that are high risk and cause cancer.  This vaccine only covers one.  Not to mention there are other causes of cancer not just HPV.

I just read where the 2 HPV vaccines that are being worked on cover HPV 16 and 18 and the two most common strains that cause gential warts

Yes thats true but only one has had any real clincal testing.  That means several more years of testing and FDA approval process.  Then the moral issue kicks in.  Many parents are going to have a hard time with this because of the context.  How do you give a 12 yo girl a shot for basically a sexually transmitted disease?  Many parents will balk at this like they do with birth control pills.  Many will feel they are giving permission for the child to have sex.

And there are more then 2 types of high risk HPV.  16 and 18 are 2 of them but there are many others.  I think the vaccine now near approval is only for 16.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
And there are more then 2 types of high risk HPV.  16 and 18 are 2 of them but there are many others.  I think the vaccine now near approval is only for 16.

As previously mentioned, wife was diagnosed with HPV, but wasn't told which one.
Is this something the doctor knows?

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I am surprised no cultures or slides were taken if your wife mentioned it to her.  Sometimes if the liquid prep pap was done, they will diagnosis BV for you.

Also I dont use clindamax often, I have found that flagyl works better also its flagyl that has the problem with alcohol not clindamycin.

The other thing to consider is that its not BV at all but something else.  Hormone fluctuations will cause discharge changes.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As previously mentioned, wife was diagnosed with HPV, but wasn't told which one.
Is this something the doctor knows?

Most people who have had any sexual contact will usually test positive for some sort of HPV. There are over 100 subtypes and there are specific ones that are more likely to cause cancer and others that are more likely to cause warts etc.

ETA: She can be tested to see which type she has.  Its a matter of getting a sample with a brush and sending it ot the lab.  Some liquid based paps can also do this.

BV itself can cause abnormal paps.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Also after 10+ years of doing this now, I find clothed women much more attractive.  But I am just asexual too much stress, too much more to do.

But at least I have my guns.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Wash your dick off afetr anal sex before sticking it in her vagina.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#7]
First, you gotta scrape that green stuff off of your tongue before sex.  Second, I sure would like to hear what your wife thinks about this thread ????????????        
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wash your dick off afetr anal sex before sticking it in her vagina.

Ha Ha.  That one was mentioned at least an entire page ago.  

Not to mention, she only lets me go anal AFTER going vaginal.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
First, you gotta scrape that green stuff off of your tongue before sex.  Second, I sure would like to hear what your wife thinks about this thread ????????????        

If the wife knew about this thread, she would fix it so BV would no longer be an issue.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks a million ARDOC.

I think the next time she has any symptoms, we'll get an appointment with a different doctor.  
(if nothing else to get a second opinion regarding the presence/type of bacteria)

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I think you're approaching this the wrogn way. The problem is not your filthy little pecker.
Brush your damn teeth!

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Former room mate got BV constantly. She was HPV positive as well. Enjoyed anal, drank waaaay too much, and masturbated with the handle of her Venus razor daily in the tub. Apparantly it is shaped perfectly for G-Spot stimulation. They now make a vibrating version as well.
See if she's doin this.  Does she bathe in tub or shower?
I have prostatitus(sp) and never once gave my ex BV, but I sure do hope the ex got HPV from the room mate when they fucked(post break-up tbtg)
It's refreshing to see that most people have been fairly adult during this thread.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#13]
you wouldnt be working around sheep would you???? I hear sheep herders do carry weird infections, ofcours you could use a old tyme home remedy of great aunt martha. 1 part keroseen to 1 part vinegar to 1 part  tide laundry soap. Its guarenteed to control all forms of std's including parasites like alaskan king crotch crickets. just scub snatch with bottle brush for 5 minutes then light with match. the powdered tide thickens up and acts like napalm it will cauterize the problem
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#14]
bw i was just joking,,I feel for you really lmao....rotfl.....watz fer supper?? creamed grouper!!! lol..
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:55:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I am cut.
I do wipe front-to-back.  (so does she)
I've not heard anything about prostrate infections being linked, but I'll look into that now
that you have mentioned it.

I have strongly suspected I could be a carrier, although I don't have any symptoms.

The "hoity toity" nurses said that IF I was carrying something,
I would have some kind of a discharge, fowl odor, etc.  
No problems there.
So they wouldn't even look at me.  
(and I tried so hard for them to look at me)

I can honestly say that I've never had a conversation about that sort of thing with my wife.

When people call it a 'cock' it's just a slang word.

j/k j/k

Good luck with the lady though. Sounds like a PITAV for her to deal with.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Woman Doc did say that intercourse after fellatio could cause it.   (Damn doc)
So as a test, that stopped.  Yet she got another infection two months later.

And there is no "return of the favor" due to the infections.

WTF??!!

Have you considered a malpractice suit?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I would suggest that you dont ejaculate into her.  Also cotton undies that breathe, for her not you.  No oral sex, no lubricants, no front and  back door action in the same act.  

So your professional recommendation is money shots?

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist...  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
All I could say is, "You know I can help you with that infection".

Damn man, what did she say?  

ETA, saw your previous post.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It's refreshing to see that most people have been fairly adult during this thread.

Except for me!

(I can't help it; ARDOC has been a comedy gold mine in this thread)

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
And I try to avoid spanking the monkey after swimming in the sewer.

You avoid jacking off after anal sex?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#21]
glad I found ar15 this is the funnyest fucking place, I am very entertained!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:04:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:50:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Tell her to quit eating bread,I'll bet she loves Pizza!

She probably doesn't need more yeast!

I knew a woman with this problem,I could sell her pie two blocks away(she drank a lot of beer(yeast) and I do believe that bread and beer can be a problem!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:29:17 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I knew a woman with this problem,I could sell her pie two blocks away(she drank a lot of beer(yeast) and I do believe that bread and beer can be a problem!

Bob

The plumbing being the way it is, how would yeast from bread (yes, she loves pizza)
make it to reproduction plumbing?  It is not connected.  

And it isn't as if she is using the crust as a dildo.  

AND, once cooked, the yeast in bread is killed.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:36:23 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
MrsScrun just said she would kick my ass if I ever posted any shit like this about her.

Unlike many of you, nobody reading this forum knows who I am.
I don't have any friends who read this forum.
Hell, I don't have any friends who partake in the "inter-web".
Wife would probably kick my ass too, but once she realized that
nobody knows who SHE is, she would relax.
(although it isn't an experiment I care to try)

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:10:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Haven't seen it mentioned in the thread but you might suggest either wash her panties in hot water with mild bleach, or dispose of them all together. Even though clothes are washed, bacteria can remain, esp. in cold water which women are prone to use. Look for anything that might be a point of repetative contact. If you are not on city water, wash your towels with diluted bleach as well. 1/4 cup per full load once every half dozen loads or so. Too often will fade the colors and bleach effects tend to be residual. Ditto in you tub & shower, toss in some bleach once a week to clean everything. Even if she showers, dropping a wash cloth on the floor can pick up bacteria.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:34:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Former room mate got BV constantly. She was HPV positive as well. Enjoyed anal, drank waaaay too much, and masturbated with the handle of her Venus razor daily in the tub. Apparantly it is shaped perfectly for G-Spot stimulation. They now make a vibrating version as well.
See if she's doin this.  Does she bathe in tub or shower?
I have prostatitus(sp) and never once gave my ex BV, but I sure do hope the ex got HPV from the room mate when they fucked(post break-up tbtg)

God, why did it have to be me to break the trend here, but, do you have her number????

Sorry, couldn't help it!

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:48:40 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Last time I saw a urologist was for a kideny stone.
Fucker shoved his finger up my ass.
And I didn't like it at all.

I hope that his other hand was not on your shoulder.....

....and.....THIS TOPIC IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES!!
(Only because he has gotten some sound advice from ARDOC.)
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Haven't seen it mentioned in the thread but you might suggest either wash her panties in hot water with mild bleach, or dispose of them all together. Even though clothes are washed, bacteria can remain, esp. in cold water which women are prone to use. Look for anything that might be a point of repetative contact. If you are not on city water, wash your towels with diluted bleach as well. 1/4 cup per full load once every half dozen loads or so. Too often will fade the colors and bleach effects tend to be residual. Ditto in you tub & shower, toss in some bleach once a week to clean everything. Even if she showers, dropping a wash cloth on the floor can pick up bacteria.

Not sure what the water temp is.
I would have guessed, that the heat of the clothes dryer would kill residuals.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What I meant was, since I work with materials that could be loaded with nasty bacteria,
I frequently wash with hot water and soap, and rinse with 90% isopropyl alcohol.
Especially if I gotta take a leak.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What I meant was, since I work with materials that could be loaded with nasty bacteria,
I frequently wash with hot water and soap, and rinse with 90% isopropyl alcohol.
Especially if I gotta take a leak.

do you scrub under your nails??  also, while Isopropynol may kill most bacterium...it may not kill all of them.  there are some TOUGH bugs out there these days.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#33]
I would think you are passing it back and forth. Looks like the gyno would have some idea how to help you out too so you can both get over it at the same time.  And kudos for being cool to her and not being an ass about the situation.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:06:44 AM EDT
[#34]
First:

What is Bacterial Vaginosis?
Bacterial vaginosis or vaginitis is an inflammation which occurs in the vagina and includes several strains of germ that cause bacterial vaginosis yeast infections and trichomoniasis. Many women mistakenly believe that yeast infections are the most common type of vaginal infection but bacterial vaginosis is the most frequently occurring vaginal infection affecting from 10 percent to 64 percent of the female population at any given time.
Although treatment is available which quickly cures bacterial vaginosis, if left untreated bacterial vaginosis may increase a woman's risk of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), endometritis, cervicitis, pregnancy complications, and post-operative infections among other health conditions.

Bacterial vaginosis occurs most during the reproductive years although women of all ages are susceptible to this infection that affects the vagina, urethra, bladder, and skin in the genital area.

What Causes Bacterial Vaginosis?
Primary causes of bacterial vaginosis include an overgrowth of anaerobic bacteria and the Gardnerella organism. The healthy vagina includes a small amount of these bacteria and organisms. When the vaginal balance is disrupted by the overgrowth of these bacteria another protective bacterium -- lactobacilli is unable to adequately perform its normal function. Lactobacilli normally provides a natural disinfectant (similar to hydrogen peroxide) which helps maintain the healthy and normal balance of microorganisms in the vagina.

E. coli which is a normal inhabitant of the rectum can cause bacterial vaginitis if it is spread to the vaginal area. Other factors which may contribute include hot weather, poor health, poor hygiene, use of an intrauterine device (IUD) for birth control, and routine vaginal douching.

Risk of bacterial vaginosis increases with menopause, and in women with diabetes, as well as women whose resistance is lowered due to other conditions.

A report published in Women's Health Weekly indicates that multiple sex partners may increase a woman's risk of bacterial vaginosis although African-American women with only one partner still have a high prevalence of infection.

What are the Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis?
The most obvious sign of bacterial infection is an unpleasant foul, often fishy odor. Itching and/or burning sometimes accompany bacterial infections, but are not a required symptom for a diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis.

Many times women are unaware they are infected until they are diagnosed during a routine pelvic exam and Pap smear. It is important that you don't use vaginal douches during the few days preceding your visit to your gynecologist as douching can hide signs of infection and may make bacterial vaginosis infections worse.

What is the Treatment for Bacterial Vaginosis?
The good news is that treatment is relatively simple and effective once proper diagnosis is made. Treatment usually consists of three to seven nights of Cleocin 2% vaginal cream. Oral antibiotic treatment is sometimes prescribed and may be available if you request it from your physician. Although your symptoms may disappear before you finish your medication it's important that you complete your medication exactly as directed by your physician.

(All that nothing I knew - but took it verbatim off of a website after checking 6 others and deciding it was likely accurate).

Second:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob

The plumbing being the way it is, how would yeast from bread (yes, she loves pizza)
make it to reproduction plumbing?  It is not connected.  

And it isn't as if she is using the crust as a dildo.  

AND, once cooked, the yeast in bread is killed.

IMO, it's NOT so much the yeast IN the bread, it's the bread itself. Bread is typically (white bread) a 100 on the glycemic index (how much, how fast a food converts to sugar in the bloodstream) and sugar feeds yeast. Little buggers LOVE the stuff.

Right NOW, I'd have to say that your BIGGEST problem is lazy docs (and.or nurse). Get one that is NOT lazy, and who will properly DX the problem. If it's a YEAST infection, anti-biotics will just exacerbate the problem.

If it's bacterial - great, you're on the right track, but my suspicion is that it's yeast which may mean some dietary changes to resolve the problem. But I cannot, nor would I ever want to DX... especially on sketchy intel. Also hard to tell if you or she needs to make the dietary changes, but at an educated guess, both of you.

Right now, you (both) are addressing the symptoms, but NOT looking for the underlying CAUSE. Again, not enough intel, IMO to KNOW, but I suspect her body was/is too out of balance to restore its own ph after intercourse. Resulting in a yeast or bacterial infection. (Probably the former). Get better intel - then fill us in.

Quoted:
do you scrub under your nails??  also, while Isopropynol may kill most bacterium...it may not kill all of them.  there are some TOUGH bugs out there these days.

Yeah - that's a good one I hadn't thought of....
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:08:31 AM EDT
[#35]
When I was a medical student at U of Michigan in Ann Arbor, I had an attending that could diagnose BV from outside the exam room......by the....er.....aroma.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#36]
for some reason I have lost my appetite for my mid-day meal.....egads.....wow
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
for some reason I have lost my appetite for my mid-day meal.....egads.....wow

Not me..   I'm eating lunch right now.

Ain't skeered.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:08:15 PM EDT
[#38]
 WTF did I click on this thread?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

We went to a bachelor party for my buddy and one of the strippers came over and asked if I wanted a dance.  I actually could smell her about 5 feet away.  All I could say is, "You know I can help you with that infection".

This thread is a train wreck I can't stop reading
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
When I was a medical student at U of Michigan in Ann Arbor, I had an attending that could diagnose BV from outside the exam room......by the....er.....aroma.

Unfortunately, I have developed this skill.  My nose is extremely sensitive to begin with. Its something you would rather not know.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#41]
You guys that are crying about how gross this thread is, need to get a life!

As an example, I HATE needles.  Can't stand them.  I am deathly afraid of them.  However, at one point in my life I had to have a major and life saving thoracic surgery.  I had to just resign myself to reality, and deal with it.

Another example: you come upon a car wreck.  Some of you guys are the ones who drive on, and turn your head so you don't have to see the blood and gore.  People that do help, some of you accuse them of being sick and bloodthirsty.  "How can you look at that, you must be mental, ew!"  

Realize that nobody likes to talk about these things.  Some people are adult enough to understand it is reality and you just have to deal with it.  The best way to deal with it is to not hide it, or bury it.  Just throw it out there and handle it.

Some day, you might too.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
You guys that are crying about how gross this thread is, need to get a life!

As an example, I HATE needles.  Can't stand them.  I am deathly afraid of them.  However, at one point in my life I had to have a major and life saving thoracic surgery.  I had to just resign myself to reality, and deal with it.

Another example: you come upon a car wreck.  Some of you guys are the ones who drive on, and turn your head so you don't have to see the blood and gore.  People that do help, some of you accuse them of being sick and bloodthirsty.  "How can you look at that, you must be mental, ew!"  

Realize that nobody likes to talk about these things.  Some people are adult enough to understand it is reality and you just have to deal with it.  The best way to deal with it is to not hide it, or bury it.  Just throw it out there and handle it.

Some day, you might too.  

You havent seen cottage cheesy substance entwined with a month old tampon that has turned grey. It smells like death warmed over but it has a life of its own.  You havent seen discharge nor smelled true evil until you have seen what I have seen.  You will never be the same again.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
You havent seen cottage cheesy substance entwined with a month old tampon that has turned grey. It smells like death warmed over but it has a life of its own.  You havent seen discharge nor smelled true evil until you have seen what I have seen.  You will never be the same again.

Dude, layoff the black market snuff videos....
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I do my best to keep them cut as short as possible for that very reason.  
But I admit, no, I don't scrub under what little nail might be available to harbor bacteria.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Okay, you win for the grossest reply of the day.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
homosexuality used to be a form a mental retardation.

"used to be"?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I didn't read the whole threat so this may be a dupe.

But douching (sp?) can upset the PH balance of the vagina in some women and the ph balance lets the infection develop.

Some heath care professionals recommend that both partners take the perscription and refrain from sexual activity until the treatment is done.

Depending upon allergies and what not some antibiotics can actually cause a women to develop the infection. Eating lots of yogurt while taking antibiotics can help.

Some women develop it more while wearing synthetic fiber underwear and scented maxi pads.

Also multiple sexual partners can be a cause. It is sometimes more prevalent in bisexual women even where both women are clean. The ph balance can get upset just because of the different body chemistry. Not sure about multiple male partners causing this though.

The biggies are douching, synthetic underwear, scented sprays and or pads down there).

This infection is also fairly common in pregnancy and easilly treated. It is not life threatining but should be taken care of.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I know I'm opening myself up for a ton of crude jokes,
but I've got a sense of humor, and I'm pretty thick skinned.

Wife keeps getting bacterial vaginosis.  (A bacterial infection in her vaginal tract.)
She isn't sure if she had them prior to me, but she suspects she has.
She follows the "good hygeine" recommendations advised by her OBGYN,

We just picked up the latest prescription, and it is for a vaginal suppository antibiotic.

Wife is at her computer getting upset because she is learning that getting BV during
pregnancy can cause problems, and we haven't gone longer than just a few months at
a time without her getting an infection.  She isn't pregnant, but that is in our future plans.

She is on the birth control pill, but we have been told that the pill doesn't make a person
more prone to BV.

Can I be harboring or carrying a bacteria that keeps reinfecting her?  

Should I start showering with Chlorox and having her douche with lye before intercourse?

Someone has probably answered but yes, you should both be treated concomitantly(at the SAME time).
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#49]
the 1 experience the MRS and I had with this over  31 years did mean we both got treated to be sure. So if you aren't being treated we were told you could be re-infecting her.   So we both were treated simultaneously to be sure.  Suggest you inquire about this with both of your docs
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Some day, you might too.  

Some people just don't have a woman in their life, and therefore can't understand.

The doctor's office my wife has been seeing leaves a little to be desired.
We weren't getting any answers that helped.  
And nobody can argue that the collective intelligence of this group is usually quite high.
(ARDOC raised the level considerably for this topic.)
I got some good information, and I appreciate it.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top