Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:30:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I posted this on another forum but thought it would fit well here as well:

UN Treaty on Your Firearms

by Don Bekeleski

Unless you have been on Mars or have not been informed through your NRA membership magazine, there is a great threat to our Bill of Rights and America’s sovereignty. The U.N. treaty to be ratified in 2006 claims our 2nd Amendment right is making the world a more dangerous place! It is a unilateral binding treaty on all countries.

I don’t know how many of you paid your cable TV supplier to see the debate on pay per view between Wayne Lapieere and Rebecca Peters, but you should have. She is the one that is spearheading this treaty. If you seen it, it should have scared the hell out of you. She commented that privately owned firearms “are the real weapons of mass destruction”. She said, “Americans should abide by the same rules as everyone else”.

That means we should turn in our weapons and give up our freedoms like other countries. Her attitude towards hunters and sport shooters was that they “should take up another sport that does not require a weapon”.

On the question of self- defense she said, “Handguns have no legitimate role in civilian hands”.

There is a conference coming up in 2006 to ratify this ‘Treaty on Small Arms’. Billionaire George Soros and six countries are heavily funding this. The countries are Great Britan, Sweden, The Netherlands, France Japan and Belgium that have contributed tens of millions of dollars with more to come. They want it so only Governments will have guns. Think back in history what happened when only the Government has guns. I’m sure the first guy that comes to mind had a short mustache and waved his right arm a lot!

For the United States to agree and go along with this treaty some future U.S. Senate body has to approve it and the President at that time has to sign it. In one sweep of the pen all your rights to gun ownership are gone. No more hunting, no more target shooting, no more self defense! It will be dialing 911, which I believe to be a government sponsored ‘Dial a Prayer”.

According to Gun Week newspaper Rebecca Peters has said opposition from the U.S. and its new Ambassador John Bolton could make the drafting of the treaty a difficult task, if not impossible. For right now thank God, we have the right person at the U.N.

This is very serious and you need to tell everyone who hasn’t heard about it. We need to watch who we elect to the Senate and the Presidency in future years. It must and can only be people who will staunchly defend our 2nd Amendment. The time to spread this news is now, because 2006 is right around the corner. It’s more than guns, it’s freedom!!

An ‘I don’t care’ attitude now could end up in a, “Don’t shoot me” plea later.

To give you an idea of what’s at stake, here’s an example of global plotting to take away your rights:

Many anti-gun individuals and groups from around the world convened in Rio de Janeiro in March, for the International Meeting on the Regulation of Civilian Ownership and Use of Small Arms. The aim of this meeting is to steer a global gun control agenda at the UN. Here’s an excerpt from the Chair’s Summary of the meeting:

Building on the principles noted in the Chair’s summary from the January 2005 meeting in Montreux and having examined the above instruments, as well as several national case studies, the experts proposed a number of principles that could form the basis for minimum standards to guide national small arms control policies and regulations:

Civilians should be restricted from acquiring or possessing small arms designed for military use.

Ownership of small arms should be contingent on obtaining a firearms license, which, in turn, could be based on the following minimum criteria, inter alia – meeting a minimum age requirement; lacking a relevant criminal history, including of intimate partner and family violence; existence of a legitimate reason to acquire weapons; observance of relevant gun laws as well as the safe and efficient handling of small arms.

Small arms licenses should be time-limited and subject to periodic renewal.

Measures should be in place to allow for the removal of small arms from owners whose licenses have been revoked or persons unfit to possess firearms.

Small arms ammunition sales should be restricted to those with a valid firearms license, and only for ammunition suitable for the type of gun specified on the license as well as limitation on the number of rounds of ammunition allowed.

States should ensure that adequate records are kept of all civilian-held small arms, including details of the authorized holder and unique serial number of the weapon.

Greater co-ordination of civilian focused small arms laws and enforcement practices should be encouraged to the greatest extent possible to ensure consistent good practices within regions as well as national uniformity.

Where feasible, States, international organizations and civil society should provide assistance and collaborate for the effective implementation of standards such as these.

www.isra.org/smalltalk/latest_column.shtml

Phuck that!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:39:34 AM EDT
[#2]
So has there been a date set for blue hat season yet? They can have my guns....bullets first.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:30:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My guess is that this is mostly to prevent the trafficking of arms to African countries like that Sudan and Congo - but I really don't know anything about this.  

So tag.

No, this is a scheme baked up by the VPC, George Soros, and the Brady bunch, to limit and halt the sale of guns AND AMMO between Countries. It is intended to supercede Countries own laws. This is one reason I have been stocking up on ammo, if even a fraction of countries sign up, you can kiss a lot of surplus mil ammo goodbye forever.

The UN has zero authority to supercede soverign nations' laws.  Simply won't happen.

Plus, it certainly would not be an international law to HALT the trade of guns between countries, because plenty of EU countries buy weapons (including small arms) from the U.S. and Canada.

As with so many things the U.N. does, I imagine this is the same kind of paranoid about pointless UN bullshit that will never have real relevance.  
Like people imagining "UN soldiers" on U.S. soil  give me a break

If a Country sign's on to it, the UN "law" will supercede the signing Countrys own. Kyoto treaty anyone? It is being aggressivly pushed by Soros lapdog ex secretary. Her name eludes me at the moment.

Exactly - UN "law" is strictly VOLUNTARY.  A UN law or treaty can only affect the U.S. if the U.S. voluntarily chooses to join it.

The UN cannot pass a law that would supercede U.S. law.  Period.

So how it that a threat?  It's no different than U.S. politicians deciding to pass a law on their own.

It's a threat, D-K, because putting these UN initiatives into treaty form IS part of the program being pushed by the authors of these laws.  These people aren't dumb (at least insofar as getting their hairbrained initiatives incorporated into international law).  And there is real enthusiasm on their part.  Countries with draconian gun control laws such as Japan, the U.K., and many more are REALLY hot to trot over these bullshit ideas.  For sure, the likelyhood of Senate ratification of these treaties/laws is not an immediate threat, but it's definately something about which American gun owners should be very aware.
Our own margin of safety in regards to our own security of our gun rights is and has been under attack and has been eroded and this will not go away soon.  The future portends worse.  We won't have a Republican Administration in Washington D.C. forever.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:31:29 AM EDT
[#4]
F*ckum
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:54:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd be thrilled to gun down a UN soldier in the United States.

+1  

Maybe ya'll could find a Korean War vet and gun them down  

... might kill some time while waiting for a delusional fantasy that will never happen.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:01:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"Dozens of countries from around the world have already backed the treaty.

Which of the dozen or so countries that back the treaty have perpetrated or had Genocide perpetrated within their borders?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:06:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#8]

The EU can go fuck themselves and take the UN with them.

Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The EU can go fuck themselves and take the UN with them.

Hell yeah!

Yeah - especially those Brits, and Dutch and Danes, and all those other EU assholes who joined the U.S. in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Fuck them!  

Some of the strongest allies that the U.S. has are in the E.U. don't forget.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'd love to be an Imperial American.  

CJ

Do we get slaves?  I'd love to have a couple of french hotties.  I'd even make them shave.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The UN invading the US is fantasy.

What countries would sign up?

Heck the UN is based in the US.

Exactly - I don't really comprehend where people get that delusional fantasy from.

We're too lazy to go over to Africa and shoot the bastards, so we keep hoping they'll come here.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top