Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:13:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Columbus didn't discover America, he had a damn map....he flew the Templar Crest on his sails. Unknown to most the Templars had a Navy. ALso they found the letters he wrote to his son, they were in Ladino, the languageof the Sephardic Jews....his introduction to the Spanish Court was by the Jews that did the paperwork for hte King and Queen....
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:18:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Exactly.

Look, folks... If you can't handle the fact that your ancestors were weak and stupid enough to get their asses handed to them by a handful of Europeans, then too bad. The fact remains that anything GOOD you have these days is because you live HERE, in AMERICA, which is a direct result of that lost guy Columbus stumbling upon your little corner of the planet.

Spare me the "we lived in harmony" bullshit. You were just as much a bunch of violent savages as anyone else. Get over yourselves, and start living NOW instead of 600 years ago.

And they wonder why they don't progress...

Sure, what happened was terrible, but GET OVER IT.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:23:00 AM EDT
[#3]
They can take my Columbus Day holiday when they pry it from my cold dead hands.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:43:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:22:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Added:  who knew it ould be so hard to spell Pastafarian?  Sheeeesh.

Ahhh...go play with your heathen ATKINS buddies in clogged artery land!
Gimmie Fettucini or gimmie DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:25:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Shool Districy here swithed Columbus day out for MLK day

They traded an Italian for an African American???

WTH!!!
I feel unrepresented! I am of Italian Heritage! I am owed a holiday!!! I want Lasagna day! Yeah!

Hmph!

According to my old highschool columbus was hispanic.  Atleast they mentioned him during hispanic heritage month or week.

Sorry to wreck your opinon but he was Italian born in Genoa who petitioned the Spainish court not that it matters since almost all his men were Spanish.

Tj

TJ...Move to the head of the class....*I* know MY gumbas!!!!!!!!!!

Columbus was a Guinea who was hired by the Spanish Queen Isabella to sail to India...

He landed here...evidently, his navigator speaking Spanish was not as easy for the Italian to understand...

What're ya gonna do?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

Look, folks... If you can't handle the fact that your ancestors were weak and stupid enough to get their asses handed to them by a handful of Europeans, then too bad. The fact remains that anything GOOD you have these days is because you live HERE, in AMERICA, which is a direct result of that lost guy Columbus stumbling upon your little corner of the planet.

Spare me the "we lived in harmony" bullshit. You were just as much a bunch of violent savages as anyone else. Get over yourselves, and start living NOW instead of 600 years ago.

And they wonder why they don't progress...

Sure, what happened was terrible, but GET OVER IT.

Are you arguing that europeans were racially superior to indians?  I have ancestors on both sides so I'm not particularly offended by your statement... just a little shocked at the ignorance of it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:30:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Are you arguing that europeans were racially superior to indians?  I have ancestors on both sides so I'm not particularly offended by your statement... just a little shocked at the ignorance of it.

Oh, spare me. I meant no such thing.

The Europeans were technologically superior, and the beliefs, superstitions, and infighting among the Native Americans allowed a handful of Europeans (who were ignorant beyond my ability to describe) to walk over two continents.

If there is one thing I am not, it's a racist.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:31:48 AM EDT
[#9]
On our official calendar of State holidays (I work for the state.gov), it is listed as "Columbus Day / Fraternal Day / American Indian Heritage Day"  

Pretty "PC" for a state that officially recognizes Confederate Memorial Day and Jefferson Davis' Birthday as State holidays on that very same calendar...  (Yes - I get both of those off, too! )
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:35:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Indian chicks are hot!

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:38:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Indian chicks are hot!
www.zonalibre.org/blog/moonsa/archives/indian-woman-child.jpg

Actually, don't be too quick to judge. Some of the girls I've seen here in Mexico are SIZZLING hot. Same goes for American Indian women.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#12]
First off we all know it was Norwegians who discovered America! So i declare Columbus day "mighty whitey" day. Also I'm against Columbus day, cause i dont particularly like Italians. Ever lived in New york? Ever see that TV show Growing up Gotti??? I have to deal with Woppers like that 24/7! oh lordy! So anything that miffs them i am for.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This is the first time I've ever actually 'observed' Columbus day - back in WI it was just a day on a calander, and a bit in the lesson plan for elemetary school kids...

The Army, on the other hand, has another view of said holiday...

4 DAY WEEKEND!!!

From my observation, no one knows how to find more excuses to take the day off than the feds...

Amen! Now that I am employed by the federal government, I don't scorn these er, useless holidays anymore.

ETA: I have to work with some Native American bureaus, so I will refrain from comment lest I lose employment.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
First off we all know it was Norwegians who discovered America! So i declare Columbus day "mighty whitey" day. Also I'm against Columbus day, cause i dont particularly like Italians. Ever lived in New york? Ever see that TV show Growing up Gotti??? I have to deal with Woppers like that 24/7! oh lordy! So anything that miffs them i am for.

We don't like you either...Tony will be there shortly to fit you for your shoes to tour the Hudson, shortly
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Shool Districy here swithed Columbus day out for MLK day

They traded an Italian for an African American???

WTH!!!
I feel unrepresented! I am of Italian Heritage! I am owed a holiday!!! I want Lasagna day! Yeah!

Hmph!

According to my old highschool columbus was hispanic.  Atleast they mentioned him during hispanic heritage month or week.

Sorry to wreck your opinon but he was Italian born in Genoa who petitioned the Spainish court not that it matters since almost all his men were Spanish.

Tj

Hey man thats just what my high school said!  I would of said something but there was only 3, maybe 4 white people int he class at the time.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top