Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2001 1:41:03 PM EDT
[url]http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=%2Fnews%2F2001%2F04%2F10%2Fnjenn10.xml[/url]  I just found this article.  Makes my blood boil!
A BIOLOGIST who reacted to nine months of violence and intimidation by shooting one of his alleged assailants was jailed for eight years yesterday.

Simon Jennings, 37, wounded Sean Pritchard in the head and shoulder when confronting him with a pistol after bricks were thrown through the window of Jennings's home. Mr Justice Curtis, delivering sentence at Worcester Crown Court, told him: "That sort of conduct simply cannot be allowed on the streets to which the public have access."

A jury found Jennings, from Manchester, guilty of wounding with intent at a trial in Stafford last month. He was cleared of attempted murder, but was further charged with possessing an illegal firearm, a Glock handgun, and prohibited ammunition.

The earlier trial was told that on Nov 27, 1999, the defendant was in bed with his girlfriend at his then home in Garden Street, Stafford, when he heard glass breaking. Andre de Moller, defending, said it was the culmination of nine months of terror during which Jennings had been the victim of a "revenge vendetta" stemming from an earlier incident.

Petrol had been poured through his letter box, gangs had surrounded his house making threats and he had been forced to barricade his home with a mattress over the window and steel bolts on the door.

Jennings took his handgun, which he kept by his bed, ran outside and shot Mr Pritchard, 24, at close range. The judge told him: "You are very, very lucky that man did not die and you are not charged with murder."

Mr Pritchard admitted having [red]58 previous convictions.[/red] It was disclosed that he and two friends were returning from an all-day drinking session when the incident occurred. He denied being involved in the campaign against Jennings, although one of those present, Terry Hughes, 22, admitted throwing a brick through one of Jennings's windows.
View Quote

And that's what they want to do here, disarm us all and leave us to the mercy of barbarians like that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Just another reason to be glad as hell we left the British Empire 225 years ago.

Eric The(AndNotASecondTooSoonIfYouAskMe)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
"The judge told him: "You are very, very lucky that man did not die and you are not charged with murder."

Not Correct.

The judge is very, very lucky a family member doesn't track him down and end his career for good.

That would be justice.

And yes, this is what is coming for us.

Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#3]
From an earlier associated article: [url]http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/03/13/njen13.xml[/url]
A spokesman for Staffordshire Police said: "We recognise that the behaviour of the people who went to the house that night was unlawful, and the sustained harassment had put this man in fear over a period of time, but to shoot someone in the head is not a reasonable response."
View Quote
Oh?  What [b]would[/b] be "a reasonable response"??? Call the cops?  That helped over the previous 9 months of persecution?  I think a double-tap to the head is a PERFECTLY reasonable response.

Link Posted: 7/24/2001 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like the movie "Straw Dogs".
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#5]
You're all forgeting that self defense in the UK is illegal. If someone is about to hurt you, even cause serious bodily harm, you are not allowed to defend yourself. Especially with a firearm...that would be barbaric.

"Self defense, thats just crazy talk" is what I was told by an English friend of mine years ago. He refused to believe that we Americans are allowed to kill in self defense!
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You're all forgeting that self defense in the UK is illegal.
View Quote

and soon to be here also!!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]
He should have had better aim, if he would have killed all involved he could have said that they shot each other. When in doubt, kill everyone!
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Justice?? Justice it seems in the mind of the government of the "free" world and the "third" world government, is having money for lawyer$ and lots of connection... I dont remember OJ Simpson being convicted of murder... and those high profile people, if convicted of a crime, gets off easy compared to the average citizen... my advice: stay away from Britian... if you hate crime... and if you dont like crime and dont mind being without gun, go to Saudi Arabia or Singapore... (you get really BAD punishments for committing crimes there...) otherwise go to switzerland...[uzi]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oh?  What [b]would[/b] be "a reasonable response"??? Call the cops?  That helped over the previous 9 months of persecution?  I think a double-tap to the head is a PERFECTLY reasonable response.
View Quote
Kneecap'm Irish style - with a powerdrill!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top