[#2]

Made that just for you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:06:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Sue the club.

Dvae
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Okay, PhotoBucket is what I'm familiar with... this is the first time I've even TRIED ImageShack... so hope it works okay (and the type is legible etc...)  If not, any suggestions are welcome who to use, `cause Photo Bucket is down, and has been for a while.

Now, I KNOW this is a bit "extreme" - but sometimes, IMO, that's necessary to wake folks up!

Obviously this is just a "rough" and isn't even finished (by a longshot) yet, but life just got WAY more complicated since yesterday....

ETA: What I'd like to get is a VERY comparable "evil black rifle" w/ 5 shot capacity (preferrably - does that even exist?) to the Mini 14. I know the AR HAS 20 round magazines... are there SMALLER ONES? Does anyone even HAVE a pic or can GET a pic of the smaller capacity magazine/rifle?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#5]
At my club we have a no full-auto rule and can't shoot after sunset.  It's clearly in the membership information.  Changing the rules like that and not telling anybody is downright stupid.  They should have at least sent out a notice of some kind.  You're going to have an uphill battle with this club.  MJD
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#6]
get the loudest bolt action rifle you can find and shoot it on a regular basis at the club, when your membership is just about to expire, tell the club president to eat shit and die
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#7]
1) Go to Radio Shack
2) Buy the little gadget that they sell that measures how loud something is
3) Shoot your gun and record the level
4) Shoot any similiar caliber "sporting gun" and record the level

How loud is loud?

Do they allow black powder guns?
Measure how loud they are.... that'll open their eyes. Maybe.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/thedoctors308/Copyofjod.jpg

Made that just for you.

That is great!  I hope you don't mind if I use that in the future.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
UPDATE:

First off this all started from mysterious neighbors who built their homes knowing a gun range was close complaining to someone.

The presidents statements to me were not actual club rules - military stuff is OK (well some), SA belt feds are OK, but FA is banned.

Ah hell, start popping off bbl of tannerite and get the POS club closed down.  Scorched earth policy.

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Can you bump fire the SA 1919?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but a change in "leadership" is definitely required.

If that doesn't happen, then it's a "Do not pass go, do not collect $200" from there on out.

I'd call for a "Vote of 'No Confidence'" at the next club mtg.

Either have someone ready (not just willing, but READY) to fill the void, or be prepared to step up youself...... if you feel passionately about this.

ETA (in advance ): Did you ask him to *define* "sportsman's club"?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nothing that looks military

That kinda sums up how they feel.  Be prepared to walk away from this club.

Well that means they ban:

Any mauser, and mauser derivate
Any enfield derivative
Any bolt action for that matter, as they all dervied from the same basic princicples used for war
Any 1911s
Any HK's
Any Berettas
Any BAR
Seems like all guns look or derive from military service.

Hmm... gonna have any shooters left?

No shooters........... just some loosely-defined "sportsmen".  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
With credit given to John Ross:

THEY SAY:  “Those assault rifles have no sporting purpose.  You don’t need a 30-round magazine for hunting deer--they’re only for killing people.”

WE SAY: “I compete in DCM High Power with my AR-15.  You need a large-capacity magazine for their course of fire.  My SKS is a fine deer rifle, and I’ve never done anything to give my government reason not to trust me blah blah blah.” (FLAW: You have implicitly conceded that it is OK to ban any gun with no sporting use.  And eventually they can replace your sporting arms with arcade-game substitutes.)

WE SHOULD SAY: “Your claim that ‘they’re only for killing people’ is imprecise.  A gas chamber or electric chair is designed for killing people, and these devices obviously serve different functions than guns.  To be precise, a high-capacity, military-type rifle or handgun is designed for conflict.  When I need to protect myself and my freedom, I want the most reliable, most durable, highest-capacity weapon possible. The only thing hunting and target shooting have to do with freedom is that they’re good practice.”

Something along these lines needs to be said.
We should hang together or else we shall all surely hang seperately.

This coming from a Californian.  I commend you, sir, and agree with you totally.  I hate how supposed RKBA supporters never say that it's not about hunting or sporting.  No one has the balls to simply say "the second amendment is not limited to recreation" Fuck!

Thank you.
I may have been born here and I still live here but I was raised by God fearing southern folks that taught me the difference between wrong and right.

<wipes away single tear />

There's hope for California yet.  Breed, breed, breed like the wind my brother!

Even better.......... breed with liberals (and the offspring of liberals), then infect and convert your offspring.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#15]
What is wrong with ranges these days?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that means they ban:

Any mauser, and mauser derivate
Any enfield derivative
Any bolt action for that matter, as they all dervied from the same basic princicples used for war
Any 1911s
Any HK's
Any Berettas
Any BAR
Seems like all guns look or derive from military service.

Hmm... gonna have any shooters left?

No shooters........... just some loosely-defined "sportsmen".  

E.g., Fuddgunners and the 'ducks and deer' crowd.

"A well regulated militia hunting season, being necessary to the security of a free state freezer of your local Elmer Fudd, the right of the people to keep and bear arms while in an unloaded state while hunting, shall not be infringed, unless it serves the purposes of the powers that be.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:32:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Congrats!  I had wondered how this ever turned out.

Mark one up for the good guys.  Oh, just one more thing.......

(now you've gotta put the traitors to the sword. )
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
So next week Im putting forward a challenge to the recent ruling  (by 3 members) and asking for a vote.  I'd like to hear your thoughts and logical arguments to see if Ive overlooked anything... sorry about the length

I say challenge and then leave if they don't wise up.

I wouldn't want to be a part of a "gun club" that doesn't like guns. Political correctness has no place on firing ranges. PERIOD.

A 1919, by the way, is no louder than a .30-06 deer rifle. They shoot THE SAME DAMN CALIBER. If they can't figure that out, then they are idiots.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
WE WON!  The membership (silent majority) finally got the word and became pissed.  Last night the Ban on FA was overturned be the membership.

It also turns out under OK statue that ranges cant be closed or restricted for noise complaints unless the decibel level exceeds 150 at the property line - it doesnt at ours....

Congrats on the Victory!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That just about describes 99% of MI gun ranges as well.
"You don't need that dem dere assault rahfuls"

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
First is it actually a club with membership? If so get the bylaws, then a copy of roberts rules of order. It is doubtful they can change or restrict memberships, or change the purpose of the club without a full membership vote.

Take all the friends you can to the next membership meeting.

Be ready for a bloodbath.

Private clubs of all types are the most political and crazy organizations in existence. These things usually end with one group being thrown out (when you lose) or all of them quiting when you win.

It sounds as if they can't say Robert's Rules of Order much less know what they are.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top