Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#1]
THat is too funny. Glad to hear that they did not lock you up for 100 years.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
You're lucky that you weren't in Singapore.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Younger guy has to tag it and bag it.

The rook books.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Younger guy has to tag it and bag it.

The rook books.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Japanese CSI comming soon to cbs!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I've only been to Japan once for two weeks so i dont know that much about it. And i did Exaggerate a liittle when i said that NOONE could own a gun. But for all intents and purposes it is a disarmed society compared to us. But far more disturbing to me was what i read about their legal system and how broad the powers the police have. Like they have a key to every home in their prefecture and can search through your home at any time without cause! Turns out the cops like to rifle through teenage girls drawers looking for whatever in pop culture is big at the moment. They are trying to understand the teenage girl mentality! Good luck with that one chief!

I'm gonna have to call BS on that one...got a link?

I agree with kaizoku.
The company policy is that anyone who starts living in the residence that they provide has to buy and install new locks for all doors, just incase the previous resident had kept copies of the keys.
I went to the local hardware store, bought and installed them.
I did not leave a name, address or anything else that could lead back to me.
I also stupidly forgot to get a receipt so I can not get reimbursed, but that’s my fault.
Anyway the point is that there is no way that I can think of that they could trace the lock I bought to me or my residence.

Also the Japanese police need a warrant or just cause, or be invited in to legally enter a home, just like most civilized countries.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:26:55 PM EDT
[#7]
interesting
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#8]
How are those two cops gonna defend Tokyo from Godzilla with a total of 8 live rounds of 38?

Hope they scare him off with the blanks?

hinking.gif
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:17:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...snip
But far more disturbing to me was what i read about their legal system and how broad the powers the police have. Like they have a key to every home in their prefecture and can search through your home at any time without cause! Turns out the cops like to rifle through teenage girls drawers looking for whatever in pop culture is big at the moment. They are trying to understand the teenage girl mentality!

I asked a co-worker today about the above.
She said that she had never heard of such a thing, and if the police started to do such a thing, she would move overseas permanently.

I think that she thought that I was paranoid and to be avoided
Oh, well at least I asked the old and ugly one, no big loss
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:57:03 AM EDT
[#10]
If you had your dog in the car would they have shot it and cooked it right there?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top