Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:10:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Now why cant someone invent a tapeworm pill you swallow... you lose the weight you need then when you reach your goal weight you swallow another pill to kill the tapeworm?

Actually, taking a tape worm and then the tapeworm medicine used to be a weight lose method years ago until it was learned that the worm was sucking nutrients out too.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:13:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Oh, and situps.  Sounds like the middle is where you need to slim up.

Spot reduction doesn't work.  

Eat very small portions.  Take in as few calories as possible. This is the hard one.
Drink lots of water.  LOTS.
Supplemental vitamins.
Cardio to the point of ridiculousness.

You can make weight.  20 lbs is doable.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:26:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I've lost nearly 20 lbs since April and the only thing I did was switch to diet sodas, really. I was excercising for a while but then I got out of the habit and havn't started again. It's been very slow, but steady.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:27:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
15-20? And you're six foot? Try 80-90.

And just to eliminate the impression I'm heartless or a hypocrite, I'm six foot, 230, and I'm working my fat ass off right now too.

No offense taken - I know I am a fatass.  My mid-term plan is to get on a sensible diet and exercise program, my original post was just how to lose 20 of it fast.

I took off 36 lbs. in exactly two months. The doctor and site recommend no exercise till you are in maintenance. First three days are the hardests - always remember eat before you are hungry. Works like a charm. This is NOT a perm solution, but can be integrated into a fully managed and proper eatting style for life.

HOT LINK: Medifast is Doctor Endorced, check with yours.

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Run a marathon... through a minefield. Once you can't run any more you're either really tired or you've lost quite a bit of weight. If you can walk on your hands you stand to lose even more weight.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't eat anything for 4 weeks. You'll be nice and thin before long.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Instead of an unrealistic, and unhealthy, goal, how 'bout you get the suits altered and start on a long-trem plan to get truly fit and healthy?

+1
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Die.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Phentermine

Phentermine

40 lbs in 2 1/2 months is that fast enough? No ill side effects. Great energy boost. Go see your Doc.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Tape worm
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#12]
just amputate your leg.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#13]
A divorce will lose most folks well over 100 pounds.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:08:05 AM EDT
[#14]
The "Fat Fast"

Eat 1000 calories of food primarily fat. Such as tuna, macadamia nuts, egg yolks, cream cheese. Your body will lose weight faster doing this then even not eating, period.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
This is not rocket science.

Don't do Akins. If you want to keep the weight off, you need to follow a meal plan that you can use the rest of your life.

Carbs =  Sugar. Your body turns all carbs into sugar. Period. I don't care how "healthy" those carbs are, they still become sugar. Special K is considered a healthy cereal, right? It is still a bowl of sugar as far as your body is concerned.

Sugar + Insulin = triglicerides (sp?). Triglicerides = stored body fat

We have all been raised to eat carbs in all their forms. That is why so many people are overweight. Stop doing that. Also, we have also been progammed to beleive that fats are bad for you. That is not true, fats are just as important as protein and carbs.

Replace some carb calories with protein calories (meat, eggs, cheese, non-salted nuts). Stop being addicted to carbs (milk, pasta, potatos, beans, cereal, bread, crackers, and so on).

Don't drink your calories (Milk, orange juice, alcohol....yes alcohol, you can't lose weight getting hammered on beer).

AND EXERCISE for crying out loud.  Take a brisk walk for 30 min, three to four times a week will do wonders. Nothing fancy.

Don't starve yourself either. You have to eat to lose weight. That is a fact lost on a lot of people. Calories will keep your metabolism higher. Starve yourself and your body goes into conservation mode. Yes, you can lose weight by brute force starvation. But once you start to eat again you will become heavier than when you started.

That is all there is to it. No magic pills, videos, or "diets". Just a change in lifestyle. But that is the real bitch, having to change your lifestyle, ain't it?

ETA: Weight loss of 1 to 2 lbs per week is good. You don't want to go much faster then that if you want to keep it off.

I'm sorry I don't understand? You say "don't do Atkins" and then you tell him to do Atkins step by step?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A divorce will lose most folks well over 100 pounds.

Are you saying that under the assumption that it works the opposite of marriage, which apparently CAUSES weight GAIN?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Phentermine

Phentermine
40 lbs in 2 1/2 months is that fast enough? No ill side effects. Great energy boost. Go see your Doc.

Is that for real or are you being funny?

Is that stuff like Trim Spa or something? Surely there's some sort of ill side effect. Can the person using it eat normally or is it just take the pill and eat a saltine cracker for lunch?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#18]
dexatrim, stacker 2 and run your ass off 2-3 hrs aday should do it workeds for me when i was in highschool for wrestling.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#19]

www.metabolicbalance.us

Check it out...

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
dexatrim, stacker 2 and run your ass off 2-3 hrs aday should do it workeds for me when i was in highschool for wrestling.

And if you can't run because your knees are totally fucked?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Don't eat anything for 4 weeks. You'll be nice and thin before long.

True but the moment you start eating your body will store calories like you've been starving which you were and it will LOWER you overall metabolic rate so you can stor FAT more efficiently.

Go to a Doctor, hopefully your long term care doctor - OR you can really fuck yourself up.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Eat less and exercise
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Several years ago, pneumonia worked well for me... IIRC 25 Lbs. in 2 weeks...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:39:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Phentermine

+1

and you might get a "happy" outlook for awhile.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I would just eat sensibly the whole time, and exersice my rear off. Litterally.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Phentermine

Phentermine

Thought that stuff was illegal now?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#28]
When you fast, you seriously slow down your metabolism because your body switches into survival

mode. I mean, you can lose weight, but it won't actually be fat mass, it will be water. I'd say it a low

calorie/low carb diet and EXERCISE! Incorporate more protein into your meals, because the amino

acids will react with stomach peptides to make you feel more full.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Phentermine

Phentermine

Fuck the legality of it. However, I'd be much more concerned with the health risks you are exposing

yourself to. It's in the same ballpark as steroids: Great for your self-image, but terrible for your body.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Phentermine

Yeah, and you can have a brain anuerysm rupture or a bad heart.  Careful of die pills.  My mother was on a diet pill containing PPA and had a brain anuerysm rupture because of it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I know that, but what can I do SHORT TERM to dump 20 pounds, quick. Besides cut my schlong off (well, that would be 30 pounds.....)

Well there's your problem! You mean ounces. You obviously have the two mixed up and weigh much less than you thought.

miligrams
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Actually, taking a tape worm and then the tapeworm medicine used to be a weight lose method years ago until it was learned that the worm was sucking nutrients out too.

These days couldnt you just pop an extra multivitamin.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#33]
run a lot. Eat a bunch of small meals spaced through the day rather than 3 big ones. Don't eat right before you go to sleep. Pills and diets are for the unmotivated. If you really want it you can do it without spending any money or risking your health.

ETA: Sorry, didn't notice that it is a quick deal the first time I read it. In a week and a half 20 punds will be damn near impossible. You might be able to shed that in water weight over that time, but you will feel terrible.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Diet and Exercise for the rest of your life.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:07:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Ok...here's your diet.

Drink at least a cup of Prune Juice once a day to get your bowels moving.  Do that for a couple days till your good and cleaned out.

Eat tuna and rice 3x per day.  That's all your meals.  1/2 cup rice (uncooked) to one 6oz can of tuna.  Cook the rice, of course.  Any seasonings (salt, pepper, spices) but nothing else.  No butter or mayo or anything.

Drink about 2 liters of water per day--that will help you feel full.

Uncooked, and steamed vegetables and fruits are your friends.  Eat as much as you want, they're 'free'.

Take a multivitamin once per day to balance out your nutritional intake.

Lift weights or do some cardio regularly (at least once a day) to use up the protien in the tuna, other wise it will turn to fat.  The other solution is to reduce your tuna intake if you're not exercising enough to use the protien.

Here's what you'll accomplish in two weeks:

1. Very very clean bowels.  If you have gas, you won't even stink.
2. Very high energy level after you body gets used to the lowered intake.  This is high performance food--high complex carbs, high protien, multivitamin, and the fruits which have lots of simple sugars.
3. Weight should melt off if you're disciplined and stick to it.

Any time I feel like I'm a bit over weight I do this diet for a few weeks to get myself trimmed up.  I do this alot in the winter since I'm not outside as much, and I'm usually pretty buff by the start of summer.  I look like a slob by the start of winter, tho...LOL...or at least I think I do.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Remove all non-essential and vestigial organs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
a friend of mine lost 18lbs in 3 days for a flight physical. he took his xbox, a couple boxes of total cerial, some milk and a case of water to a hotel with a nice workout room.

he did this:  http://www.blessedherbs.com/mucoid.html

and PT'd 3 times a day.

WTF is that shit.  (Yea I know it's shit but WTF)    That's nasty.  How can that be in you?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.blessedherbs.com/mucoid.html

www.blessedherbs.com/Product_Images/smallmucoid.jpg

WTF is that shit.  (Yea I know it's shit but WTF)    That's nasty.  How can that be in you?

I looked into that link as well.  Suddenly, I am feeling all bloated and miserable.  Check the other photos.      
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Okay, I'm tagging this one.  From reading the title, my response would be 'chug water daily, eat very minimally focusing on raw protein, exercise (run, situps, run more)'

I will read this thread to see where I have made errors.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Phentermine

Phentermine

Fuck the legality of it. However, I'd be much more concerned with the health risks you are exposing

yourself to. It's in the same ballpark as steroids: Great for your self-image, but terrible for your body.

You're thinking of Phenylpropanolamine. Phenylpropanolamine (PPA), along with Ephidrine,  were OTC meds the FDA has pulled off the shelf due to reasons stated in other posts.

Phentermine is a  prescription drug.

I does have it's side effects, it's somewhat similar to amphetamine. However it generally only works for about 2 months. After that you have to continue your own diet/excersise program.

Phentermine is a kick-start,  sometimes a very effective kick-start, but nothing more.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
15-20? And you're six foot? Try 80-90.

And just to eliminate the impression I'm heartless or a hypocrite, I'm six foot, 230, and I'm working my fat ass off right now too.

No offense taken - I know I am a fatass.  My mid-term plan is to get on a sensible diet and exercise program, my original post was just how to lose 20 of it fast.

I took off 36 lbs. in exactly two months. The doctor and site recommend no exercise till you are in maintenance. First three days are the hardests - always remember eat before you are hungry. Works like a charm. This is NOT a perm solution, but can be integrated into a fully managed and proper eatting style for life.  

HOT LINK: Medifast is Doctor Endorced, check with yours.

Good Luck.

went from 234 to 157 on this.....about 14 years ago.  
after too many 12 hr nights working and then coming home to a rack o' beer/a good movie/ a plate o' nachos/ and then strait to bed.......i've turned into a digusting fatbody, and i'm about a week into it again.
it works like a charm. the only two hard parts are drinking water when you're not realy thirsty, but you really need to do that to help flush all the shit out of your body from breaking the fat down, and learning to basically not eat, but not eating (solid food anyway) becomes real easy after 4 days or so.
this time i won't do it all in one shot,though. i'll do about a month, do whatever for a week, and repeat as needed
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#42]

fastest way I know.

Fasting is harmful, especially for that long.
Nor am I an Adkins fan.
Excercise, eat smart, eat less. It ain't rocket science.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#43]
want the secret to the absolute fastest way to lose weight?......................food poisoning you will literally wipe the pounds away off the chin
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is not rocket science.

Don't do Akins. If you want to keep the weight off, you need to follow a meal plan that you can use the rest of your life.

Carbs =  Sugar. Your body turns all carbs into sugar. Period. I don't care how "healthy" those carbs are, they still become sugar. Special K is considered a healthy cereal, right? It is still a bowl of sugar as far as your body is concerned.

Sugar + Insulin = triglicerides (sp?). Triglicerides = stored body fat

We have all been raised to eat carbs in all their forms. That is why so many people are overweight. Stop doing that. Also, we have also been progammed to beleive that fats are bad for you. That is not true, fats are just as important as protein and carbs.

Replace some carb calories with protein calories (meat, eggs, cheese, non-salted nuts). Stop being addicted to carbs (milk, pasta, potatos, beans, cereal, bread, crackers, and so on).

Don't drink your calories (Milk, orange juice, alcohol....yes alcohol, you can't lose weight getting hammered on beer).

AND EXERCISE for crying out loud.  Take a brisk walk for 30 min, three to four times a week will do wonders. Nothing fancy.

Don't starve yourself either. You have to eat to lose weight. That is a fact lost on a lot of people. Calories will keep your metabolism higher. Starve yourself and your body goes into conservation mode. Yes, you can lose weight by brute force starvation. But once you start to eat again you will become heavier than when you started.

That is all there is to it. No magic pills, videos, or "diets". Just a change in lifestyle. But that is the real bitch, having to change your lifestyle, ain't it?

ETA: Weight loss of 1 to 2 lbs per week is good. You don't want to go much faster then that if you want to keep it off.

I'm sorry I don't understand? You say "don't do Atkins" and then you tell him to do Atkins step by step?

What I described is not Akins. The Akins diet plan is based on ALL protein, NO carbs (or very very little carbs) to promote a rapid weight loss.

What I said was "Replace some carb calories with protein calories."

Cut back on carbs, increase protein, and exercise (while maintaining an appropriate caloric intake. average intake for a male is 2000, average for female is 1800).
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:58:53 PM EDT
[#45]
I need a hacksaw.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I need a hacksaw.

Blow torch...  cauterizes.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:00:20 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I need a hacksaw.

Blow torch...  cauterizes.

White hot hacksaw blade.. best of both worlds.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Lipo 6
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#49]
fad diets are silly.  

There's no way to lose weight "Fast" that will keep it off.  

Change your lifestyle.

Eat less food.
Eat healthier food.
Get more exercise.

There is no miracle cure.  You have to do the work.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.blessedherbs.com/mucoid.html

www.blessedherbs.com/Product_Images/smallmucoid.jpg

I looked into that link as well.  Suddenly, I am feeling all bloated and miserable.  Check the other photos.      

you start off the "treatment" by drinking a bunch of clay and undigestable plant material ... that's what turns into the log of sludge that comes out. they want you to think it was in there bfore you ate the overpriced crap they sold oyu.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top