Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Perhaps he's going to warn you about something you'll really, really wish you had known.

That your girlfriend was actually a guy.

Have you seen the movie " The Crying Game?"
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Am I missing something or is KISS incredibly GAY?

You're missing something.

Gene Simmons has gotten more pie than most people have spoken to.

And he has the poloroids to prove it.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:42:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Perhaps he's going to warn you about something you'll really, really wish you had known.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#4]
He might have some important medical advice for you.  Better call.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:43:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I know some of you guys are older than me.  What would you do?

I'd do the same thing I did when my psychotic ex-girfriend started sending me threatening emails and making threatening phone calls at all hours:  First document the threats, then call the police.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Justa_TXguy,

If he had wanted to tell you anything of value, he would have made that attempt from the start.

Since he didn't, call your phone company, and get his number blocked.  Everytime he calls from a new number, use the last call block feature that your phone company can give you.  Don't sit around and play games with the guy.

Lastly, sit down with your girlfriend and figure out what is really going on.  She has now put you in the middle of something, and you may want to figure out what it is before your car is keyed, house is burned, etc etc.  Either that or do it the ARF way and draw down on the phone every time it rings....
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd do the same thing I did when my psychotic ex-girfriend started sending me threatening emails and making threatening phone calls at all hours:  First document the threats, then call the police.

There is a big difference between YOUR ex calling you and your girlfriend's ex calling you....

I disagree.  A stalker is a stalker.  A person threatening you is a person threatening you.

My psychotic ex-GF also called my ex-wife and harassed her and her roommate BTW.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#9]
We have a feature on our phones. Dial *57 and a message of the unwanted harassing phonecall will be reported to the phone company. It'll cost you $2 each time, but after 3, then the phone company/cops get involved. If anything, they have a record as well. I believe they get a nasty letter from the phone company or a disconnect notice if it continues. The *57 sends their phone number (blocked or not) right to the phone company.

I would just ignore the punk and go play with your new toy... (His ex)
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You can legally record an incoming call to you, however you cannot record a cal you make to someone else.

Really? So you're that familiar with Texas state law?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Call him back and invite him to the car wash!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Get the woodchipper serviced now.  You may need it soon.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#13]
WRT legalities in 50 states, THIS SITE  may help.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Again, HOW DO YOU THINK HE GOT YOUR NUMBER??  
There's a very good possibility that he got it off of her phone... which means he and her were together....
Just sayin'.  

yup
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#15]
If he gets close, hit him so hard he'll forget he ever dated her.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Hurry up and call back so we can read the AAR!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#17]

She may still be screwing him and he thinks she is cheating on him with you.

Had that happen to me before. Maybe you should atleast hear what he has to say.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#18]
In Texas only one person has to know that the conversation is being recorded for it to be legal. It is perfectly legal for you to record a conversation you are having with someone else.

http://www.aapsonline.org/judicial/telephone.htm

I can't find it in the TX Penal code off the top of my head, but it's in there. I read it the other day.

Doc
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
She may still be screwing him and he thinks she is cheating on him with you.

Had that happen to me before. Maybe you should atleast hear what he has to say.

I would want to hear what he had to say then go from there. Women are evil after all.......
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Get a protective order first.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Again, HOW DO YOU THINK HE GOT YOUR NUMBER??  
There's a very good possibility that he got it off of her phone... which means he and her were together....
Just sayin'.  

yup

+1
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
He can't get a protective order just because some guy called him.  The ex didn't even threaten him... he just wanted to verify it was him and then asked him to call him back.

Y'all are a bunch of overly testosterone-laden idiots.  

+1, I never saw where he said the guy threatened him or even harrassed him. The real question is where did he get the phone number ? I'm leaning towards the theory he got it off her phone while she was asleep at his place or something. She could be the type that likes guys to fight over her, they are out there. He more than likely was on a fishing expedition because he doesn't know why there is a strange number on HIS GIRLFRIEND's phone. He probably has no clue you even exist and is trying to find out. Just my suspicious thinksthoughts, please disregard.

ETA: Justa, call the guy back and find out then give us an update please.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Assume that he's recording the phone calls he makes also.

Quoted:
You can legally record an incoming call to you, however you cannot record a cal you make to someone else.

Quit watching so much television.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#25]
call him back. What have you got to lose. He might make some phone threats, so what, pump a 12 gauge next to the phone, everybody knows that sound. Maybe he is still fucking her and wants to find out who the hell you are, maybe he has AIDS. I would risk a phone threat for the opportunity to find out if she has some disease.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#26]
How about an update????
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Call him back, who knows he could save you from something/someone you'd regret later.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#28]
I had a problem whereby my attorney advised me to tape record all conversations,
either in person or on the telephone as it is admisable in a court of law in
Texas. Also you can vedeo tape anyone outside .
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Kick his ass.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Tell him his ex is finally happy to feel a c*ck on both side of her Puzzy atthe same time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Yeah, he coulda found out he has some STD and she may have it too.  Don't always assume its kiddie shit, but be armed when he calls back.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Find out what the guy wants.  Don't let him draw you into an argument.  If he tries, get off the line.  Record the call, if doing so is legal in your state.  Get the facts and then report back here.

Oh, and one more thing. . . .
We need pics of your g/f.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, he coulda found out he has some STD and she may have it too.  Don't always assume its kiddie shit, but be armed when he calls back.

Why? So he can draw down and shoot him through the phone?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your phone and arfcom-fu is getting strong grasshoppa
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#35]
I like the nightlife
I like to boogie

and a tag
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I would risk a phone threat for the opportunity to find out if she has some disease.

Ditto.

Could be something else, too.  He could have left her after finding out something in her background she's hiding, and thinks you should know about it.

As for getting your number... They have this thing called the phone book...
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#37]
OK, update.

I went out to get a telephone recorder and the damn thing didn't work.  I ended up putting my computer mic next to the phone to record the conversation.

I called him back 5 minutes ago and Mr. Attitude wants to know how long we've been dating, ostensibly because he wants to know if he was cheated on.  I told him it was none of his business and to not call me back again.

Then he says since I have an attitude, do I want to tell him it's none of his business off the phone.  I told him I don't want to see him or talk to him, and that if I do it's still none of his business.

He whined a bit about me having an attitude, basically just trying to get some sort of response from me (I deadpanned the entire conversation) and then he said he was going to find out himself and hung up on me.

What sucks is that the built in windows sound recorder only recorded the first 60 seconds of the call (shit!  I didn't realize it would do that) and the call was about 2 1/2 minutes long.

About how he got my number - he has his fish tanks and TV at my GF's house.  They've been broken up for a while (they were together for 5 years) and he has a deadline to get his stuff out of her house by Oct. 1st, which is tomorrow.  He went over there while she was still at work and her kids were home and they let him in.  He got my number from the caller ID, I'm sure.  He probably snooped the whole place.

He did mention on the phone, which I did not record because it was past the 60 second mark, how "she must have mentioned how I can get an attitude off the phone."  That was the most direct threat he made.  At least he's smart enough to not say, "I'm gonna kill you" while he's on tape.

The funny thing is he has no idea who I am.  I'm 6' 5", 245 lbs, and I work out.  If he comes over when I'm there, I'd wager he's going to have much less attitude.  

I told my GF to file a report for the repeated harassing phone calls he makes to her.  If she chooses not to, that's her business.  I hate to be an asshole, but I'm not in the business of being the big bad boyfriend who's going to kick sand in the face of the old guy.  I like her a lot, but she has to take care of herself.  I will not coddle her.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
He could have left her after finding out something in her background she's hiding, and thinks you should know about it.

That she took on two guys at once and answers to Finger Cuffs?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hr

I was thinking she used to be a he. Plactic surgery is doing amazing things these days.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Such as....

ETA: Seriously, though, be the bigger man and do what you already planned to do. If he threatens

you, document it with some device and then turn his ass in. You can be alert and on your guard some of

the time, but if it escalates, eventually your guard would drop and he may surprise you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Jesus man, I woulda had fun, no wonder he is her ex, he is a whiney insecure dweeb.

You should said you guy had been going at it for like 6 years or so and decided to get serious or something.  Tell him sorry about using his pillowcase for a clean up cloth and to get over it because it is over now and there is nothing he can do about it.

Then mention that he must have a small dick because she feels like a virgin to yas......perhaps something about how reat the daily BJ's have been, get creative.  

The guy needs to realize that crap like this is why he's single now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#42]
 Long story but I had an "ex" show up at my place once.....wasn't exactly sure if I was gonna have to draw down but as it eventually turned out the guy was just desperate to know that everything between him and her was definitely over....so I end up chatting with him for a while...turns out he was a fishing fanatic....so we turned to fishing

then I took the guy fishing ( I have TONS of fishing gear )......we had a blast, caught a few bass.....then had a beer.....it was an odd but rather cool day

so later that evening the young lady in question calls me......and I told her what happened

SHE WENT TOTALY PSYCHO......it was fucking hysterical....

neither he nor I ever heard from her again.................................................

I think it's just as well......
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
 Long story but I had an "ex" show up at my place once.....wasn't exactly sure if I was gonna have to draw down but as it eventually turned out the guy was just desperate to know that everything between him and her was definitely over....so I end up chatting with him for a while...turns out he was a fishing fanatic....so we turned to fishing

then I took the guy fishing ( I have TONS of fishing gear )......we had a blast, caught a few bass.....then had a beer.....it was an odd but rather cool day

so later that evening the young lady in question calls me......and I told her what happened

SHE WENT TOTALY PSYCHO......it was fucking hysterical....

neither he nor I ever heard from her again.................................................

I think it's just as well......

and you gained a new fishing buddy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your phone and arfcom-fu is getting strong grasshoppa

What are telling me about arcom-fu, LPCN?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Give him a call and discuss the situation like men.  State how you feel, let him get whatever he has off his chest then tell him not to bother you or your girlfriend anymore.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I called him back 5 minutes ago and Mr. Attitude wants to know how long we've been dating, ostensibly because he wants to know if he was cheated on.  

I told him it was none of his business and to not call me back again.

Isn't that, you know, YOUR business now?

Sit little miss "my ex boyfriend is free to roam around my house when I'm not home" down and have a nice talk with her.   If he's doing the math in his head and finding it to be close enought he needs to call you and ask, then there is a pretty significant chance that you have an "overlapper" for a girlfriend.  

Don't you owe it to yourself to know whether you're involved with the type that will start sleeping with another before she shares with you the fact that the relationship is over?   Or worse, that she's going to two time two men while she decides who is option A or B?

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
You might have wanted to check the timeline... just me but I would want to know if this girl had one foot out the door in her last relationship.  

Exactly!  +1

Unforuntaely, I have experience with that type, it would have been nice to have had a friggin' clue.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#49]
When you lose a fishing buddy you've lost something that is almost irreplaceable. I still miss my last one.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
You might have wanted to check the timeline... just me but I would want to know if this girl had one foot out the door in her last relationship.  

Miss_Magnum, do you ever feel like the only knife in a drawer full of spoons?

When seeking advice about a woman issues, there is no better source than other women.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top