User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:34:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that a new recruiting poster?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:05:20 AM EDT
[#2]
As a former flying Crew Chief with over 600 hrs in the Herk, I can tell You it's not the same as Your wussy airliner Type "flying". The standard tactical missions can be alarming at best & deadly at worst. I've pulled a bit of seat cusion out of My ass more than once! Never mind someone taking pot-shots at You. Hats-off, Gals, on Your all-Tuna mission & Godspeed to all Who faithfully serve! You make Me proud!
(God I miss the thrill of low level Tacticals & Assault Landings!!!!!)

The Ol' Crew Chief
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd take numbers 3, 4 and 5 elk hunting.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As a former flying Crew Chief with over 600 hrs in the Herk, I can tell You it's not the same as Your wussy airliner Type "flying". The standard tactical missions can be alarming at best & deadly at worst. I've pulled a bit of seat cusion out of My ass more than once! Never mind someone taking pot-shots at You. Hats-off, Gals, on Your all-Tuna mission & Godspeed to all Who faithfully serve! You make Me proud!
(God I miss the thrill of low level Tacticals & Assault Landings!!!!!)

The Ol' Crew Chief

You've got two former USMC Herk FE's here on the baord with ya.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#5]
www.azstarnet.com/dailystar/dailystar/20292.html

... She successfully sued Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld in 2001 over a policy that forced military women in Saudi Arabia to wear Muslim religious garb when off base. McSally argued that the practice was offensive to her as a Christian, and that it was unnecessary because other women working in the Middle East nation, such as U.S. embassy staffers, were not forced to wear the long, black cloaks known as abayas. Congress banned the forced abaya wearing, but McSally's lawsuit is still pending over her unresolved claim of retaliation, said Nisha Mohammed, a spokeswoman for McSally's legal team. ...
It figures that she's an A-10 pilot thompsondd. Good job on keeping those silly costumes off.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:35:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Staff SGT Harshe is a babe.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:37:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
just curious, what is a "combat"  mission for a C-130 when the enemy has no Air Defense and no Air Force?
Flying over a place where soldiers are getting shot doesn't strike me as "combat"

Now, if it were an *A*C-130, we'd be talking...

What, are you high?
Who in their right fucking mind would shoot at an AC-130?  Safest airplane from ground fire in existence.  

No slam on the Zoomies, but to call flying an airplane over a dangerous area a "combat" mission seems a bit silly.
hell, I got shot at in Bosnia but they didn't call that, "combat"

The AC-130 (and entire crew) lost in the Gulf War was suspected to have been shot down by an SA-7.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:42:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Capt. Mitchell  (#4) is a babe!

I wasn't impressed w/her, but she IS the only DEFINITE str8 woman among them... if I had to bet $$, I'd say 3 definite lesbians, 1 definite str8, 2 undetermined. OMMV.

Quoted:
One more way to piss off Al Qaeda.

Gotta love them psi-ops

Quoted:
Staff SGT Harshe is a babe.

Potentially - yes. Though I think out of the whole lot, I like 1st Lt. Siobhan Couturier, pilot -best. Staff SGT Harshe would be a close second, I think. (I'm notr a big "fan" of blue eyes - at least not "that way" .
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
just curious, what is a "combat"  mission for a C-130 when the enemy has no Air Defense and no Air Force?
Flying over a place where soldiers are getting shot doesn't strike me as "combat"

I guess you've never heard of small arms fire or shoulder mounted missiles then.

I have.
How many aircraft have we lost to them?
And I would have to ask how many small arms have been engaged against aircraft in the past year or so?
Taking pot shots at aircraft seems to be a good way to get killed while not getting anything done.
That civilian cargo plane was shot at about 18 months ago and lost an engine?
How many fixed wing aircrew have we lost to groundfire in the past year?
Just seems as though it doesn't appear to be any riskier than flying a normal mission.

A lot riskier than normal missions (granted normal missions aren't that risky).  There have been a good number of aircraft that have been hit by MANPADS and normal rockets - that is not normal.  Then throw in the fact that these missiles were designed to defeat fighters and things get interesting...  However, I would still rather fly one of these cargo planes into Iraq than a B-17 or B-24 over Germany back in the day.

All female crews - I heard an interesting story about an all female C-141 crew back a few years ago.  Again, someone thought it would be a good PR thing and sent this crew out.  The ladies are out flying around the system and the next thing you know they are at each other's throats!  They had to send two other C-141s out to break that crew up so it could function...  Bottom line - you better get the damn mission done first then worry about PR crap.

Oh, and people do shoot at AC-130s - reference the one shot down in GW1 by a MANPADS.

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd marry either of the middle 2 right now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:59:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally posted by
Sylvan
Team Member Gold Contributor
What, are you high?
Who in their right fucking mind would shoot at an AC-130? Safest airplane from ground fire in existence.

No slam on the Zoomies, but to call flying an airplane over a dangerous area a "combat" mission seems a bit silly.
hell, I got shot at in Bosnia but they didn't call that, "combat"

In 1991, an AC-130H from the 1st Special Operations Wing was shot down over Khafji...Spirit 03 was it's call sign.  I think that is proof enough that NO aircraft is safe from ground fire.

And for your info, the C-130 crews flying daily into Baghdad International Airport will probably beg to differ with your opinion also.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#14]
After spending several years in the back end of a herc (the ramp is the best fridge on the planet ), all I have to say is big freakin deal.  Just do the damn job you're paid to do.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
2 thumbs up for these soldiers

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#16]
This is the only part of the entire article which is noteworthy or commendable.  Too bad that the Airforce, and our nation does not believe it.

?(The Air Force) should have the best crews they can put together. Nothing other than qualification and ability should be considered,? said Captain Mack.

I have never flown with a female pilot in combat, but I have flown with many in the civilian equivelent of combat, so I will say this:

The average female pilot is worse than the average male pilot, but some (10%) of female pilots are as good as the top 10% male pilots.   Out of 10.      2 are really good, 2 are really horribly bad, and 6 are mediocre.  
My sample has been too small to have any real validity, but it does match the experiances of my co-workers.  

That this is notable at all is disturbing, but if they are turning it into a propaganda victory against the muslims than it's pretty sweet.

ANY patriot who is out there putting it on the line to kick ROP ASS deserves our utmost respect IMHO.

Oh, and the middle 2 are Heroic AND HOT!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You never know when the enemy will  purchase some of those thunderous .50 Caliber Plane Killer Rifles they sell in America...

God knows every airplane in the USA is currently at risk because terrorists can lead a 500mph airplane enough to shoot the pilot and copilot in the forehead from a distance of a half a mile or more going a substantial portion of the speed of sound...

geezus... where the fuck is darwin when you need him?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess you've never heard of small arms fire or shoulder mounted missiles then.

I have.
How many aircraft have we lost to them?
And I would have to ask how many small arms have been engaged against aircraft in the past year or so?
Taking pot shots at aircraft seems to be a good way to get killed while not getting anything done.
That civilian cargo plane was shot at about 18 months ago and lost an engine?
How many fixed wing aircrew have we lost to groundfire in the past year?
Just seems as though it doesn't appear to be any riskier than flying a normal mission.

There is more to a combat zone than being shot at while flying.

I know people in both Iraq and Afghanstan that get shot at on a regular basis by small arms fire/mortars and they are in "secured" areas.
No difference.

Where in Afghanistan?

I know plenty of people here at BAF who like to claim they are always beng shot at..... not the case. The biggest danger at BAF is some jingle truck running you over on Disney.

Some of the FOB's, sure, but not any that have fixed wing aircraft stationed at them. And the rotary wing goes in and out for the most part and does not stay.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's a higher res picture for all you horndogs.

Link to even higher res
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'd hit 'em.  

All of em?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Flying truck drivers....so what?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Very nice. I'd definitely hit the AC.

The story of the first all-female C-141B crew is that they bounced off the equator. They had a mission going down under and whoever programmed the coordinates in the INS forgot to put S instead of N for the lattitude. The angle at which they approached the equator was fairly shallow and they didn't notice the turn back North.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Very nice. I'd definitely hit the AC.

The story of the first all-female C-141B crew is that they bounced off the equator. They had a mission going down under and whoever programmed the coordinates in the INS forgot to put S instead of N for the lattitude. The angle at which they approached the equator was fairly shallow and they didn't notice the turn back North.

I'd be willing to be a whole lot of money men have done it to.  While my opinion on women in combat isn't something I'd want to bring up in front of women, I don't think mistakes like this have to do with being women,  I'd think it's due to being human.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Somewhat erotic to have 'our' girls beat the shit out of 'their' guys. (Even though they didn't fire a shot) *shrug*

hell yeah.  OMG, they all have...omg, omg SIDEARMS Let the terrorists explain it to Allah when a woman blows 'em away
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

img273.imageshack.us/img273/3633/050923f9999r001custom6ww.jpg

Link to even higher res

Why do I get the feeling they could all beat my ass.........

ETA: And why are some of them wearing thier drop-holsters like it's 1850?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img273.imageshack.us/img273/3633/050923f9999r001custom6ww.jpg

Link to even higher res

Why do I get the feeling they could all beat my ass.........

ETA: And why are some of them wearing thier drop-holsters like it's 1850?

i hope they don't have to run with those holsters like that.
could be funny to watch.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Capt. Mitchell  (#4) is a babe!

Oh yeah...

Ol' Capt. Carol J. Mitchell is some definitey haughty hotness.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Chick on the left looks pretty hardcore.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Chick on the left looks pretty hardcore.

Evil German(TM) aloofness about her.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#31]
like the commander,
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:22:56 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd bone 'em all at the same time.

On the ramp of their C-130.

Just to say I nailed 6 chicks on the ramp of their C-130.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

As it stands, I have no "...then she unzipped her flight suit." stories.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As it stands, I have no "...then she unzipped her flight suit." stories.

Hopefully by this time next year I will
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top