Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2001 9:47:16 AM EDT
My brother-in-law got a p-95 DC awhile back but we cannot figure out how to field strip it because we did not get a manuel.  Please help me out with some info. Thanks, and please do not send this to the trouble shooting area because there is not much traffic over there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I would recommend you call Ruger - most firearms manufacturers are happy to supply you with a manual on their firearms.  I've called both Sig & Glock for manuals and both supplied them at no cost - not even postage.

Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I know that I could call them but it will take a while for me to get it.  Can someone please explain to me now so I can show him tomorrow when I go visit him.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#3]
ok, first off take out the mag and pull and lock the slide back. look down the mag well from the top (through the hole in the slide) you'll see a metal strap that needs to be pushed downward & forward in the top of the mag well (you can reach in through the slide to push this peice down) once you locate this part, unlock your slide and match up the small notch on the left side of the slide to the small notch on the left side of the frame (it will be a bit more than halfway back at this point) once you have the notches lined up and that metal strap pulled down, all you have to do (while continuing to keep those notches aligned) is pull out the slide release....and the slide will now go  forward and disconnect from the frame
after that the spring and barrel come right out (much like a glock if you have one) if not, you'll easily see how the spring and barrel pop into and out of the slide.
now just reverse the process to reassemble
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If its like other Ruger autos, the slide stop DOES NOT come out all the way. It will go far    enough to disassemble though.
View Quote
On the P95, the slide stop does come all the way, as does the P97.  It seems to be this way only on their polymer frame pistols.  EagleArmsHBAR, definitely call Ruger and get a manual.  They are very happy to provide you with one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#9]
It's blurry, don't know if it will help you much

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/034/4j/TV/ua/rW43336.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#10]
hg112......that was a real nice thing you did there!.............[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the replies, fellas.  I was not able to go to his house the other day but I will soon and I will see if this works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top