Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad you're safe O_P!

God bless.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad to hear from you. My mother left PA this spring and moved to Oklahoma. My father is still down there somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad you're safe O_P!!!

Now get on to doin' some lootin.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Glad you're safe O_P!

God bless.

Thanks a lot.  And He already has.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:53:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Glad to hear from you. My mother left PA this spring and moved to Oklahoma. My father is still down there somewhere.

Lots of bad reports about those that are still there.  No gas, no food, no power, etc.

I'm glad your Mom got out when she did.

Thanks for the note.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#8]
If you stay in Temple too long, Academy Sports may just open a new store there so they can sell you something below cost.

I'm glad to hear everything is gonna be OK - but all things considered, I'm not surprised.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am glad to hear that you are safe and that your home escaped major damage.  

In the meantime I am sure everyone is looking forward to the .45 vs. 9mm vs. large tree match-up in the next Back Yard O'Truth.

Wonder how many rounds it would take to cut a tree in half?

Well, a 9mm wouldn't penetrate the outer layer of bark, the 45 would blow a dinner-plate sized hole out the back, and you just rack your 12-gauge and the entire tree would blow into toothpicks scattered out half a mile in all directions.

Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#10]
you do realize that by calling yourself a refugee you are asking for a civil suit from the ACLU. You are a displaced citizen
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#11]

I've got  a new test for you to run...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#12]
You Texans sure are making a big deal out of a little thunderstorm.  I thought ya'll were suposed to be tough.

J/K  Glad you're ok.

Enjoy your vacation.  Play a round of golf for me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#13]
good afternoon, Mr. O_P.

i apologize in advance for asking, but the lady from nederland who is staying with the widow lady down the road asked me to see if you could find out about the damage situation in the vicinity of  north garden drive.  apparently that is a beaumont address, but right next to nederland.

as it happens, i went to have coffee with these ladies this morning instead of my morning target practice.  the lady from nederland is [understanably] pretty upset and concerned about her house.  i can't say that i blame her.  the conversation was mostly about the hurricane and i had mentioned that you lived near there [no names] and that you had minimal damage.  that is when she asked if i could find anything out for her.

i know that you probably have way more than enough on your plate now, but if possible, i would like to be able to set the lady's mind at ease.  i cannot think of anyone else to ask about this.  there is also the fact that you have connections among the law enforcement folks, and are probably in as good a position to be able to learn this as anyone.

hopefully, it would go without saying that anyhting that i or my kids can do to help you is only some email away.  someone mentioned that we are a family here, and the more i see, the more i am convinced of that.

on another note, in the posts above someone was asking you to do some box of truth tests.  perhaps i am wrong, but it sure sounded like he expected you to do this on your nickle.  i don't think that is anywhere near right, and as for myself, anytime that i can provide you with something to test or shoot, it would be my pleasure.  whoever made that post please understand that i am in no way trying to be critical of you, but sometimes email is easy to interpret incorrectly, as are forum posts.  please accept my apology if i am out of line.

so.  both the lady in question and i thank you in advance for your assistance.  my email is [email protected] if you would like to correspond privately.  i can give you her street address, but didn't think that would be too cool on an open forum such as this.

if temple gets old, come to palestine.  i am sure we can find plenty of stuff to shoot.  there is this guy that says shooting stuff is fun.  i agree with him.

peace.
billr
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
home.earthlink.net/~mcnielsen/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/botloots.jpg

"Even when engaging free-roaming looters, Arfcom's Old Painless is careful to use both eye AND ear protection"
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:38:12 PM EDT
[#15]
OP - glad to hear from you and to know you are safe and well.

Yes, God is good.

We miss you man. Can't wait for you to get back to your normal routine, but I am sure it is nothing compared to how bad you want to get home. Do you need anything during your stay?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So, buy a genny and head home?

Generators require gasoline.  There ain't none in Nederland.

I wonder if fight4yourrights meant "Jenny:A female donkey (ass)?"

Really Glad to hear that you are ok.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
..... and you just rack your 12-gauge and the entire tree would blow into toothpicks scattered out half a mile in all directions.

Just sayin'.

That's what I hear.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
home.earthlink.net/~mcnielsen/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/botloots.jpg

I'll have to thank you for the first belly laugh I've had in a week.

Great job!

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
good afternoon, Mr. O_P.

i apologize in advance for asking, but the lady from nederland who is staying with the widow lady down the road asked me to see if you could find out about the damage situation in the vicinity of  north garden drive.  

I am sorry to report that I am unable to get in contact with my LEO connections down there.  I guess they are too busy to respond to messages and their cell phones are not connecting.  May have a problem with the cell towers.

If I get in touch with them, and am able to get any information, I will IM you here on AR15.com.

Sorry I can't do better at this time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
OP - glad to hear from you and to know you are safe and well.

Yes, God is good.

All the time.

We miss you man. Can't wait for you to get back to your normal routine, but I am sure it is nothing compared to how bad you want to get home. Do you need anything during your stay?

Thanks for the offer.  I would not hesitate to let you guys know if there was anything.  All is well for now.

I have been helping my buddy here and we are building him a big shop building.  He's working me to death!

But he will follow me home and do the same for me if I need to do repairs at home.

That's what friends are for.

Thanks for asking.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top