User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#2]
All right.

Perhaps I was too harsh in my criticism.

But damn it if every time I eat there I get this "well it aint like momma fixed it" conflict going on in my head.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
All right.

Perhaps I was too harsh in my criticism.

But damn it if every time I eat there I get this "well it aint like momma fixed it" conflict going on in my head.

It ain't ever "like Momma fixed it"... little white lies to the wife notwithstanding.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It'll make a turd

I go for the country boy breakfast...takes an hour to eat it all and a month for my bowels to readjust.

I love the steak tips in the country boy breakfast.  I can eat a breakfast of the eggs, steak and bacon.  I sub out all the carbs for more bacon and steak.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Honey in grit's?! Oh my God..

OK, help me out here.  Being born in the west and having moved to Ohio as a youngster, I was never raised with grits.  What canon am I violating by adding honey?  What is proper regarding grits?

Whatever goes good for you. They're YOUR grits. One thing you might try is to substitute whole milk for the water when you cook them. Be prepared for a different texture- creamy, more like cream of wheat. We'll do that every now and then, but my wife, a Nevadan, has finally learned how to cook a mean pot of grits. Always did cook a heck of a skillet of scrambled eggs.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Cracker Barrels in New Jersey suck.

It seems the portion are half the size of those in the south, the waitresses are half as pretty as well.

I look forward to moving south, anywhere as long as the zip code doesn't start with "08".

B_S
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top