Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Does this guy take responsibility for anything..it was Bush, it was the Govenor, it was the the Chief
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m certainly no fan of Mayor Nagin.

But I’m amazed how everyone here suddenly has such unquestioning faith in the honesty of the press.  These are the same folks who’d have us believe a .50 caliber rifle can shoot down an airliner.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#4]
With all due respect nationwide, you should have  explained what you meant instead of walking away, although I do understand your action.  It was a prime opportunity to discuss 2nd Amend. rights and how it was WRONG to take from law-abiding citizens the only means they had to defend their families and property in a lawless environment.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Mayor Nagin never gave the order.  Someone here says they have it on tape.  If so, please post the link.  It was one comment by the police chief that was picked up by the New York Times.

You're right on the Police Chief Compass making the statement that got reported by the media. It was in the NYT and broadcast on ABC World News Tonight.

Reporter: You say guns -guns will be taken?
Compass: No one will be able to be armed. We will take all the weapons.

He said that his comment was, in no way, directed to law abiding citizens.

Bullshit, what he said was clear and concise.
"No one will be able to be armed. We will take all the weapons."

He had only slept 6 hours out of 72, he'd been shot at and nearly kidnapped just before the made the comment.

If he's not in a condition to be speaking then he shouldn't be speaking. The Police chief is nearly kidnapped on the way to the press conference? You've gotta be kidding me! Who would pay ransom for that moron?

He then went to apologize for making such a hasty comment that was misinterpreted.

It wasn't misinterpreted by his underlings. If he can't say what he means, then he can't mean what he says.

I think this is such a non-issue that y'all are getting your panties in a wad over for no reason.  You see a short video of one drunk, mentally unstable little old lady being disarmed for her own protection by 'jack-booted thugs' and you all go apoplectic.

Gun confiscation doesn't go over very well here.

I know there is another ABC News story out there about 3 upscale white guys being disarmed but the one that has everyone creaming in their pants over is that poor little old lady.  Watch the video again.

I don't think anyone here differentiated between disarming one group of lawful people over another. The issue of the elderly woman was that she was physically abused in addition to being disarmed.

She sounds drunk or medicated.

She sounds ELDERLY and FRAIL.

I would have bum-rushed her too with her waiving that gun around like that.  Talk about crappy muzzle discipline.

WTF?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#6]
FLGreg: You disappoint me. Greatly.

199: We don't believe the press. We believe the videos we saw with our own eyes.

What's the opposite of Chicken Little? There has to be a concise code for people who see that "the sky is falling," but refuse to believe it's happening. You know, people who see incontrovertible evidence of gross governmental abuse, but deny or minimize it. WAIT! I GOT IT! It's "good Germans."

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#7]
So what happened to all the posters who have claimed for so long that no police officer would obey an order to confiscate firearms?  What happened to all those people who used to say how cops are pro 2nd, and definately in favor of an individual right?

Sad to say, but I only know of a handful of officers who would refuse such an order.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So what happened to all the posters who have claimed for so long that no police officer would obey an order to confiscate firearms?  What happened to all those people who used to say how cops are pro 2nd, and definately in favor of an individual right?

The people claiming that the Police would never move to confiscate firearms from
INNOCENT law-abiding CITIZENS had to quit saying that after the video was broadcast......
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#9]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would have bum-rushed her too with her waiving that gun around like that. Talk about crappy muzzle discipline.

Had I been a LEO there, I would have butt stroked you and placed you under arrest.

Had I been a LEO there, seeing two asswipes twisting her arms behind her causing her extreme pain, I would have done more than that.

There is no excuse.

I saw the original news clip, not the highly edited one that remains on the web.  She did not come across as drunk or medicated.  She did not wave the gun around in a careless manner.  She had unloaded her pistol before they came in, and held it over the the cylinder.  I saw an open cylinder.

As they "removed her for her own good" from her home, there was NO water around it, her home was high and dry.  She had plenty of supplies, which had been shown to the media there.

So, they abused this elderly lady, removed her from a place of comfort, security, and took her to the Superdome, dumping her unarmed amongst rapists, murderers, and thugs.

I hope the CHP JPT's get cancer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Will someone show Nagin the video that a LEO tackled a homeowner-old lady and took her gun away and shipped her to a shelter?  
 I hope some citizens sue their ass for this.

Old bitch waving a gun around talking about the cops shooting her....missing footage, then the takedown. Boo fuckin' hooooo.
I would have took it also...but then again I wouldn't have been there 'cause I wouldn't have cared if she stayed and died.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Each one of these NOLA confiscation threads contains more valid arguments for gun control than the combined total of everything the VPC ever published and broadcast. I think the ill-informed Nazi snotsuckers amongst us know who they are. You bastards be sure and adopt a distinctive uniform so we can tell who gets water and who doesn't when TSHTF, OK?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You guys aren't seeing the BIG picture on this. Do you realize the magnatude of this lawsuit?

Federal Court guys! 2nd Amendment guys!

We just might get a ruling on individual vs. collective rights out of this and then move on with the bigger stuff..

This is VERY important to the pro-gun community! If they included the 4th and 5th, then the 2nd would be set aside. The feds HAVE to concentrate on the 2nd in this case. This is very important. I want to see those cops and Nagin take the heat for this too, but more importantly, I want to see something positive come out of this in the form of a Supreme Court ruling... Let's see what John Roberts is made of...

This will also force the hand of the liberal supremes.. They certainly don't want to seem racist, now do they?

Yep, this could very well be the big one we've been waiting for. If GWB gives us a conservative in the place of O'Connor, the battle may be ours.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Each one of these NOLA confiscation threads contains more valid arguments for gun control than the combined total of everything the VPC ever published and broadcast. I think the ill-informed Nazi snotsuckers amongst us know who they are. You bastards be sure and adopt a distinctive uniform so we can tell who gets water and who doesn't when TSHTF, OK?

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#15]
This is a better video then the Fox one. It's still not the unedited one though. The reporter was a real jerkoff.

www.ktvu.com/video/4946889/detail.html
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Right to keep and bear arms, From the Louisiana Constitution:

11. Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Section 11. The right of each citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be abridged, but this provision shall not prevent the passage of laws to prohibit the carrying of weapons concealed on the person.

There is also the provision about "regulating" firearms during emergencies.  The NRA will be challenging those laws in all states.

This is good.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By FLGreg  I would have bum-rushed her too with her waiving that gun around like that.  Talk about crappy muzzle discipline.

why would you even be in her house to begin with?

ohhhh....you were just there to take her gun because she wouldn't shoot your ass like the armed looters.

if you want to "bum-rush" someone, try "bum-rushing" an armed looter who is shooting at rescue personel. don't go after the old lady with a revolver in her house.

I know you wouldn't come out looking like a badass "bum-rushing" a trigger happy looter, but you aren't doing shit disarming an old lady of a revolver.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Old bitch waving a gun around talking about the cops shooting her....missing footage, then the takedown. Boo fuckin' hooooo.
I would have took it also...but then again I wouldn't have been there 'cause I wouldn't have cared if she stayed and died.

She wasn't an "Old Bitch". She was an American citizen in her home lawfully going about her business. She did not pose a theat to anyone. She committed no crime. You should be ashamed of yourself.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You and FLGreg should tour the gunshow halls. There's plenty of young fit men waving guns around that need to be shoved into walls -but going after old ladies is much easier isn't it?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Will someone show Nagin the video that a LEO tackled a homeowner-old lady and took her gun away and shipped her to a shelter?  

Bravo,

Regardless of what EVER happens in Texas, stay your ass in LA.

We don't want or need help like that.

That kind of activity played out here will make you a "flood victim"  pretty darn quick.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bravo,

Regardless of what EVER happens in Texas, stay your ass in LA.

We don't want or need help like that.

That kind of activity played out here will make you a "flood victim"  pretty darn quick.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Old bitch waving a gun around talking about the cops shooting her....missing footage, then the takedown. Boo fuckin' hooooo.  I would have took it also...but then again I wouldn't have been there 'cause I wouldn't have cared if she stayed and died.

Unbelievable.  Just unbelievable.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Nagin is a clueless assclown.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
She was holding the gun around the cylinder in a non threatening manner in her own home where she clearly states she does not want them in her house!!

You must be proud to admit you would bum rush an elderly woman in her own home!

Talk about being a crappy gun owner

I don't care if she did have her hand around the cylinder.  For all we know the hammer was pulled back and I do not call sweeping EVERYONE in that room with the muzzle "a non threatening manner".

Talk about a crappy gun owner:

1.  The gun is always loaded.
2.  NEVER cover your muzzle with anything that you do not intend to destroy.

I would bum-rush my own mother if she displayed that sort of negligent gun handling.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
She was holding the gun around the cylinder in a non threatening manner in her own home where she clearly states she does not want them in her house!!

I don't care if she did have her hand around the cylinder.  For all we know the hammer was pulled back and I do not call sweeping EVERYONE in that room with the muzzle "a non threatening manner".

I would bum-rush my own mother if she displayed that sort of negligent gun handling.

Christ, you sound like you fell out of the idiot tree and hit every branch on the way down. Why the hell are you even on this board if you think the 2nd Amendment exists soley at the discretion of local authorities? Don't you have a DNC meeting to go to or something? Jackass.

If a bunch of armed looters invaded my home, I'd be doing a lot more than holding an empty revolver by the cylinder. I wouldn't care if they had badges or not.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christ, you sound like you fell out of the idiot tree and hit every branch on the way down. Why the hell are you even on this board if you think the 2nd Amendment exists soley at the discretion of local authorities? Don't you have a DNC meeting to go to or something? Jackass.

If a bunch of armed looters invaded my home, I'd be doing a lot more than holding an empty revolver by the cylinder. I wouldn't care if they had badges or not.

Can I get an A-MEN brothers??

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Call it what ever you want, but if it was you in your home, I'm sure you would be feeling different.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Do not enter other people's homes uninvited unless you have a warrant.

2. Leave when asked, unless you have a warrant.

If you follow these easy steps, you can avoid outing yourself as a stalinist gun-snatching moron - if you happen to be one - not that I am suggesting you are one. I note, however, that you seem to think like one. Here's a little rhyme to help the incipient Nazis infesting America (no surprise there) and Arfcom (surprise and grave disappointment there) learn their place:

Without a warrant or a writ
your badge and gun do not mean shit.
The Chief's or Mayor's dumb decree
gives you no lordship over me.
Out of my yard! Out of my house!
Away from me, you feckless louse!
A lawless cop is a lawless man
and either can fit in a coffee can:
no pipes have played, no widow has wept;
the trash is dumped, and the floor is swept.
Obey the law. Let good men be,
and you will have no grief from me.
But do this job, and do it well,
and soon enough you'll burn in Hell.

I hope this helps.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
If the officers involved in the confiscation cannot prove that they were ordered to do what they did, they were what -"rogue"? It then falls to the individual officer to take the heat -fine by me. Next time they'll get their orders in writing or refuse verbal directives entirely.

You're assuming the average street-cop doesn't WANT to disarm the general population.

Given even the hint that they are ordered to confiscate firearms, I bet they'd line up in droves from out of state to do just that. Actually though, that's exactly what happened.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
FLGreg: You disappoint me. Greatly.

199: We don't believe the press. We believe the videos we saw with our own eyes.

What's the opposite of Chicken Little? There has to be a concise code for people who see that "the sky is falling," but refuse to believe it's happening. You know, people who see incontrovertible evidence of gross governmental abuse, but deny or minimize it. WAIT! I GOT IT! It's "good Germans."

Sorry to greatly disappoint you FLAL1A.  As for the videos - the one's I've seen a highly edited and chopped to show only what the editor wants you to see.

As for your Chicken Little analogy - Chicken Little was hit in the head by ONE acorn and thought that the sky was falling.  This is one acorn.  Pretty soon Chicken Little convinced Henny Penny, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey, Turkey Lurkey and Foxy Loxy that it was indeed falling.  Which one are you?  Goosey Loosey?

As for this "incontrovertible evidence of gross governmental abuse" - I don't see it here.  Call me back when you see the "brown shirts" piling gun collections into the back of their VW's.  I know, I know, it'll be too late then but this is not the way our guns will be taken.

Have there been any examples of this (other than the 2 or 3 isolated incidences that have been discussed) since this "take all the guns decree" was issued?  No there haven't

With our Pro-2nd Amendment DOJ I would think that they would be obligated to investigate such violations of our 2nd Amendment rights.  Have they?  No.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
She had unloaded her pistol before they came in, and held it over the the cylinder.  I saw an open cylinder.

Here is another brainiac.

Do you know what type of gun causes the most accidental killings - unloaded ones.  Gee, I thought it was unloaded.

Rule #1 - The gun is ALWAYS loaded.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You guys aren't seeing the BIG picture on this. Do you realize the magnatude of this lawsuit?

Federal Court guys! 2nd Amendment guys!

We just might get a ruling on individual vs. collective rights out of this and then move on with the bigger stuff..

This is VERY important to the pro-gun community! If they included the 4th and 5th, then the 2nd would be set aside. The feds HAVE to concentrate on the 2nd in this case. This is very important. I want to see those cops and Nagin take the heat for this too, but more importantly, I want to see something positive come out of this in the form of a Supreme Court ruling... Let's see what John Roberts is made of...

This will also force the hand of the liberal supremes.. They certainly don't want to seem racist, now do they?

Yep, this could very well be the big one we've been waiting for. If GWB gives us a conservative in the place of O'Connor, the battle may be ours.

Wrong!

Stevens, Bryer, Ginsberg, Kennedy and Souter are the MAJORITY of the court. It doesn't matter if GWBush appoints Ron Paul himself to replace O'Connor.

The Collectivists still have a lock on FIVE SCOTUS Justices. They are still the majority.

The SCOTUS will not be friendly to the US Constitution or individual American citizens until at least two of those five Leftists DROP DEAD and are replaced by CONSERVATIVES.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Here we go, here comes the name calling.  I was waiting for that.  Please tell me where I said "the 2nd Amendment exists soley at the discretion of local authorities."
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I would have bum-rushed her too with her waiving that gun around like that.  Talk about crappy muzzle discipline.

WTF?

Anything else aside about this whole thing, do any of you understand that being elderly does mean that you are not a threat? That officers can't just go "oh, she's elderly, she's no threat to anyone". As people are fond of saying, a gun is the great equalizer. It can be used for good or for bad by almost anyone out there.

I had said from the very beginning that this whole NOLA confiscation thing sounded overblown way out of proportion. Some of you took offense saying that I might be oblivious to things you thought were obviously occuring. Even when others quoted returning NG guys who said they hadn't heard of any such activity. Maybe if this whole thing IS proven once and for all to be a case of one overblown incident, some of you need to learn to chill out. In case you didn't know it, officers already routinely disarm people for a wide variety of reasons, quite legitimate reasons. Some of you firearms hardliners will never understand how that is the case, I know. You are so busy saying that no one should ever be disarmed that you can't seem to grasp that some people should not be allowed access to guns.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here we go, here comes the name calling.  I was waiting for that.  Please tell me where I said "the 2nd Amendment exists soley at the discretion of local authorities."

Given your evident lack of intellect and your utter contempt for the 2nd, I won't even bother explaining to you exactly what's wrong with the garbage you've spewed in this thread. I'll just say that I hope idiocy isn't genetic, and if it is, that you haven't bred.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If you follow these easy steps, you can avoid outing yourself as a stalinist gun-snatching moron - if you happen to be one - not that I am suggesting you are one. I note, however, that you seem to think like one. Here's a little rhyme to help the incipient Nazis infesting America (no surprise there) and Arfcom (surprise and grave disappointment there) learn their place:

I hope this helps.

Come on now.  I've been here long enough for you to know I'm not this "stalinist gun-snatching moron" you speak of.  I just think that everyone is all worked up over a misunderstood statement made in the heat of the moment, a single NYT article (that I cannot seem to find on the nyt.com website now), and a few isolated incidents.  Combine all of that with bloggers and sites like this that fan the flames and it spreads over the internet like a wild fire.

But I will stir the boiling cauldron a little more by saying that they didn't need a warrant to go into her house - it's called "exigent circumstances".
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

Anything else aside about this whole thing, do any of you understand that being elderly does mean that you are not a threat? That officers can't just go "oh, she's elderly, she's no threat to anyone". As people are fond of saying, a gun is the great equalizer. It can be used for good or for bad by almost anyone out there.

Officers can stay out of houses they have no warrants to enter. They can leave when instructed to do so by the homeowner. Or, one hopes, they can pay a terrible price for their arrogance.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope this helps.

Come on now.  I've been here long enough for you to know I'm not this "stalinist gun-snatching moron" you speak of.  I just think that everyone is all worked up over a misunderstood statement made in the heat of the moment, a single NYT article (that I cannot seem to find on the nyt.com website now), and a few isolated incidents.  Combine all of that with bloggers and sites like this that fan the flames and it spreads over the internet like a wild fire.

But I will stir the boiling cauldron a little more by saying that they didn't need a warrant to go into her house - it's called "exigent circumstances".

On this question, I'm betting my JD trumps whatever's in your pocket. There was no lawful exigency justifying remaining in the woman's house, disarming her, or forcibly removing her from her home, other than the fact that the actors were a half-dozen cops with no better moral compass than yours.

Why don't you clear the air and tell us how many unoffending people have to be disarmed by the police before it's something to worry about? How many of your guns can the cops take by force  before there's a problem? How many degrees off top dead center can they twist your mother's wrist before there's an issue?

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Given your evident lack of intellect and your utter contempt for the 2nd, I won't even bother explaining to you exactly what's wrong with the garbage you've spewed in this thread. I'll just say that I hope idiocy isn't genetic, and if it is, that you haven't bred.

That's it Mr. Cactus ..... more insults.  Those of questionable intellect resort to such tactics when their mouth engages before their brain does.

Again, sir .. please tell me where I have stated this "utter contempt for the 2nd".

[sounds of many crickets chirping]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
On this question, I'm betting my JD trumps whatever's in your pocket. There was no lawful exigency justifying remaining in the woman's house, disarming her, or forcibly removing her from her home, other than the fact that the actors were a half-dozen cops with no better moral compass than yours.

Why don't you clear the air and tell us how many unoffending people have to be disarmed by the police before it's something to worry about? How many of your guns can the cops take by force  before there's a problem? How many degrees off top dead center can they twist your mother's wrist before there's an issue?

No JD in my pocket....just Bacardi

Perhaps a more learned person than myself with a law degree (like you do) could make a case that she was more likely a danger to herself and others if she was allowed to remain armed and to stay in her house at the mercy of looters and thugs roaming the city with far heavier firepower than an old six shooter.  Dare I say this --- it was for her own good.  Her neighborhood flooded, no electricity, ect. ect.

“Unoffending people” are disarmed by the police everyday.  There is at least once post here a week from some speeder that has his carry weapon removed from his person during the traffic stop.

As for MY guns.  They wouldn’t need to take them.  I would have met them at the door without one in my hand and spoken coherently to them, thanked them politely for their concern and sent them on their way – as was done probably a thousand times that week.  But that’ll never make the news because there is no drama in it.

As for MY mother.  Leave her out of this.  I’ve already bum-rushed her once tonight!

I am going to bed, gents.  You’ve worn me out.  If you want, we can continue this tomorrow.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#44]
FLGreg posted:

You see a short video of one drunk, mentally unstable little old lady being disarmed for her own protection by 'jack-booted thugs' and you all go apoplectic. I know there is another ABC News story out there about 3 upscale white guys being disarmed but the one that has everyone creaming in their pants over is that poor little old lady. Watch the video again. She sounds drunk or medicated. I would have bum-rushed her too with her waiving that gun around like that. Talk about crappy muzzle discipline.

And then he says:

As for the videos - the one's I've seen a highly edited and chopped to show only what the editor wants you to see.

I saw the ORIGINAL news broadcast when it was on TV.  You admit you have seen only the highly edited versions.

She was not "waiving that gun around", and she did not sound drunk or medicated to me.  She just sounded pissed off about a situation she did not invite (being forced from her safe home) and the two CHP thugs forcing their way in uninvited, after she had told them to stay out.

And to anyone who says you can use force on a person in such a situation "for their own good"... that's what they told the Jews when they loaded them onto cattle cars and took them to concentration camps.   They took this elderly lady to the Superdome, and despite the later denials by "the authorities" (damn, I hate that f--king word, I have grown to hate "authorities") we all know what happened there.

Oops, I see that while I was typing this, you had to use the "for her own good" excuse.

Dare I say this --- it was for her own good. Her neighborhood flooded, no electricity, ect. ect.

Greg, if you had seen the whole segment, you would have seen that as they twisted her arms behind her back, and she cried out in pain, "Oh, please, just let me sit down on my porch!" that her house was high and dry, as were other houses along that DRY street.  You would have seen that she had shown the news crew that she was well stocked with food, water, and personal protection.  

I would have met them at the door without one in my hand and spoken coherently to them, thanked them politely for their concern and sent them on their way – as was done probably a thousand times that week.

She told the police, "I don't want you in my house."  She was coherent.  They forced their way in against her wishes.  How polite should someone be when that happens?  How polite would you have been?

You, sir, have not listened to me and many others who saw the original newscast.  You think we are either stupid or liars.  You admit that you based your opinions on highly edited footage.

You may go now.  [Joe Pesci]We have no further use for this witness, Your Honor.[/Joe Pesci] (from My Cousin Vinnie)
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Any officer that confiscated a gun from someone who was legally in possession of it, should be charged with armed robbery. If physical force was used, they should also be charged with assualt under color of authority. If more than one were involved in one incident, conspiracy charges should be introduced.

Sound harsh? Hell yeah. Prosecutors make examples of robbers all the time, so that fewer criminals will be inclined to rob people.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Any officer that confiscated a gun from someone who was legally in possession of it, should be charged with armed robbery. If physical force was used, they should also be charged with assualt under color of authority. If more than one were involved in one incident, conspiracy charges should be introduced.

Sound harsh? Hell yeah. Prosecutors make examples of robbers all the time, so that fewer criminals will be inclined to rob people.

Exactly.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Lying SOB
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's it Mr. Cactus ..... more insults.  Those of questionable intellect resort to such tactics when their mouth engages before their brain does.

Again, sir .. please tell me where I have stated this "utter contempt for the 2nd".

[sounds of many crickets chirping]

Your posts speak for themselves. Nothing more is needed to prove that you are contemptuous of the Second and everything it stands for. You need to do some serious reflection boy. Your moral compass is about as calibrated as Mayor Nagin's.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

officers already routinely disarm people for a wide variety of reasons, quite legitimate reasons. Some of you firearms hardliners will never understand how that is the case, I know. You are so busy saying that no one should ever be disarmed that you can't seem to grasp that some people should not be allowed access to guns.

That may be true in NY or CA... but in NOLA, in a private home, uninvited, warrantless and lawless,  this is a violation of the law.  PERIOD.  No Emergency Powers, Mayor's orders, Police Chiefs agenda DOES NOT REMOVE OR MAKE VOID THE 2nd AMENDMENT OF THE USA, the same one they took an oath to PROTECT, not take away.

You come into my home, without a warrant or probable cause to beleive that a crime is cuurently taking place then you'd better be prepared, AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for your actions.  

BTW... please tell me the code violations under LA law or federal law that allowed this to happen. What laws have been broken to warrant you to take my guns?

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:52:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Perhaps a more learned person than myself with a law degree (like you do) could make a case that she was more likely a danger to herself and others if she was allowed to remain armed and to stay in her house at the mercy of looters and thugs roaming the city with far heavier firepower than an old six shooter. Dare I say this --- it was for her own good. Her neighborhood flooded, no electricity, ect. ect.

“Unoffending people” are disarmed by the police everyday. There is at least once post here a week from some speeder that has his carry weapon removed from his person during the traffic stop.

As for MY guns. They wouldn’t need to take them. I would have met them at the door without one in my hand and spoken coherently to them, thanked them politely for their concern and sent them on their way – as was done probably a thousand times that week. But that’ll never make the news because there is no drama in it.

As for MY mother. Leave her out of this. I’ve already bum-rushed her once tonight!

Very good post. You cannot however ignore that she was disarmed after police entered her home illegaly and the fact that their chief gave an unlawful order.

If that had been my home they'd have to worry about more than being muzzle swept. The fact is, if they hadn't been there illegaly in the first place, they wouldn't have been muzzle swept.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top