Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2001 8:36:28 PM EDT
[url]http://www.observer.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,525684,00.html[/url]
However, the report, which says that cohabitation and single parent homes lead to more lax attitudes to underage sex and more teenage pregnancies, was condemned last night for being simplistic.

'These types of reports are not helpful,' said Margaret Creear of Gingerbread, the single-parent support organisation. 'Once again it is promoting the nuclear family headed by a heterosexual couple who are married. The reasons for underage pregnancies are much more complex and often to do with social deprivation, not whether your parents are married or not.'

[email protected]

[size=3] You can't fool Mother Nature even if you are a women. MS. Creear is pissed off because her FEMIN-NAZI world is not the rose garden she supposes. Men are important in the
developement of healthy children.[/size=3]

Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
They could have just asked me and I would have told them for FREE!
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They could have just asked me and I would have told them for FREE!
View Quote

I said the same thing to myself as I read the
story. Its just plain common sense which is
rapidly becoming uncommon.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#4]
This just in:

Sun rises in east!
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By The Beer Slayer:
and i bet tax money funded that didn't it.
View Quote

You don't think private enterprise would waste
money for a study that they already know the answer to do you? Only a government would do that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#6]
They probably started off trying to find support for rosie O dognuts and paula bitchstone.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This just in:

Sun rises in east!
View Quote

LOL

When I read the title of the thread, I thought:

No Sh!t, Sherlock
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 11:34:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Only if they get in your line of fire.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#9]

The sky is blue.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 12:59:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Derr...
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 3:28:06 AM EDT
[#11]
People with nothing better to do.........
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Its amazing that common sense and the personal experience of half the people in this country is news.

I wonder if I can get a grant (and volunteers) to see if holding your hand over a candle will cause pain.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Nope I think that study is already in progress

Dan
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Generally speaking, this is true.  However, as a divorced father, I would not totally agree.  Our being together and constantly arguing and the tension was having it's effects on our daughter.  It was pretty obvious.  When we split, there were no games pulling her back and forth.  We neither one badmouthed each other and not once did either of us use her as a pawn.  In fact, my ex and I are great friends {for the 26 years we have been divorced), we just couldn't live together.  I stayed in Michelle's life and we even occasionally did things together as a family including my ex, especially Christmas.  I think Michelle was better off with her mom and I not being together, partially because we both paid a lot of attention to her after the divorce (and while we were together).  Go ahead and flame me, but this is my personal experience.  If more divorced parents would handle it the way we have, kids would not be as affected by it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#15]
[blue][SIZE=5][B]HANGFIRE!!

IS IT NECESSARY TO MAKE ALL OF YOUR
POST HEADLINES IN BOLD ALL CAPITALS?

IS THE END OF THE WORLD COMING OR ARE
YOU JUST CRAVING ATTENTION AGAIN?[/blue][/SIZE=5][/b]

[red][size=3][b]
HELL0? HELLO? HELLO?
[img]a139.g.akamaitech.net/7/139/622/10003904243026/abcnews.go.com/media/Entertainment/images/ap_anne_robinson_010419_w.jpg[/img]
JOHNNY W. KING,
*YOU* ARE THE WEAKEST LINK!
[/size=3]
[size=5]
GOODBYE ! [/B][/size=5][/red]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top